Sign in to follow this  
BLK&GLD

I'm reaching...but...

Need to make an inury mov...and could grab either of them. Who would you rather have (considering my team)?

Thanks

taylor's latest injury data makes pearman a potentially nice move.

tony

I just picked up Hackett for this week only. He is going against a week Texans secondary. He is #2 behind Joe Jurevicious. We know how pass happy the Seahawks are. Pearman could look good this Sunday, but I would go with Hackett. He's a nice 1 week filler thia week cause of the horrible opponet(Texans)

check this out if you haven't seen this:

Joe Jurevicius/D.J. Hackett – SEA WR: What can I say? I thought it would be Peter Warrick and it wasn’t. Unfortunately, the information naming Seattle’s replacement starting receivers last week didn’t come out until after my article had been submitted. However, suffice it to say, Hasselbeck didn’t miss a beat with Engram and Jackson staying at home. So if Jurevicius is still available he’s worth the pick up based on opportunity, schedule, and surrounding cast. However, Jurevicius himself reportedly suffered an injury late in the forth quarter, so pay close attention to the injury reports that come out this Wednesday before adding him. Hackett, if he’s available, makes a decent play for all the same reasons, too. With Darrell Jackson out for at least another month, and Engram out for at least another 1-2 weeks, Jurevicius and Hackett have some value going forward.

Thehuddle.com wrote:

The big and athletic rookie got his first start last week and responded with a nice 5-for-43 effort. As with Jurevicius, should get plenty of chances against the Houston secondary.

I go with Hackett, I don't remember the last time I gave advice to start a 2nd string RB against, even though he's starting, against the "STEELER'S"@ Home! Tony usually give's great advice but he's alone one that one.... :D Hackett based soley on matchup :D

Tony usually give's great advice but he's alone one that one.... :D Hackett based soley on matchup :D

1068719[/snapback]

i understood the question to be who to pick up for the season vs. who to fill in for the coming week. if taylor's injury is serious, pearman is a great grab. if taylor can't go sunday, pearman is a no brainer over hackett.

so if i have to grab one immediately, i take pearman and see what happens with taylor. i'm guessing the league is not beating down the door for hackett and he will be there later anyway (grab him at the last minute on sunday morning).

final point - seattle will get up on houston and then pound alexander. in fact, they may just pound alexander from the get go and only throw when they need to. hackett sits behind joej and stevens, which puts him in the big pile of other #3 receiving options on many teams that are available on the waiver wire. i'd rather go for a #3 option on a team that is going to have to throw to win ...

tony

Im in similar situation and was thinking of grabbing Pearman. probably wouldnt start him this week, against Steelers D, but afraid someone grabs him. Only concern is that Jags have a bye next week; does Taylor heal? other options is to grab Tyson Thompson, but that is probably one week filler