[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bogus trades.....

Wolv

I feel your pain, i had a trade go down in one of my league's where a guy who lost Javon Walker traded Ronnie Brown for Steve Smith. Needless to say he's getting a nasty e-mail. His excuse was everyone should feel bad for him because he lost his #1 WR.......WHAT!

I wouldn't like it - but don't think it's ground for veto.

In one of my leagues a guy traded Steven Jackson for Santana Moss - leaving himself with only Shaun Alexander and Ronnie Brown at RB, and he already had a bunch of other WR's comparable to Moss...

Same league - Gonzo, Driver and Fast Willie for Mike Anderson and Courtney Anderson

I agree, not that bad. seeing both entire teams would help us make a better judgement.

Lewis has been underperforming, Jones is inj and may loose job or RBBC to Benson. Smith is a Stud, but has his off weeks

Jackson decent #2 back, #2 back who is doing better but has Ricky to contend with....may not matter if he keeps it up. Clayton is a throw in right now.

If I was ok at WR I'd like Jackson and Brown better for the rest of the year. JMO.

If this was Lewis, Jones, and Smith for Faulk, Williams (heck even RBrown), and Clayton you may have a point to argue.

It's all a matter of opinion, give it a few weeks.

The trade looks OK to me.

Basically to me, the trade shakes out like this:

Jamal Lewis has done nothing this year, Thomas Jones is hurt and Steve Smith is a stud most weeks.

He in return is getting Stephen Jackson who is playing terrible, Ronnie Brown who is playing well and Michael Clayton who should be a lot better than he is playing right now.

Is this a case of selling Steve Smith at his high, while pawning off a hurt running back and an underachieving running back for 2 decent starting running backs and a preseason top 10 or 12 receiver?

I made a trade on Friday of last week that now looks even worse than it did then. I gave up Willie Parker and Braylon Edwards for Jamal Lewis and Eddie Kennison. Would you be outraged at that? He needed a running back upgrade and I needed a wide receiver upgrade. Both needs were met, but as it looks now I got a great deal.

Ummm, Clayton is a total stiff and Ronnie Brown may be splitting carries soon with R Williams. S. Jackson has done some scoring in spite of his lunatic HC, he's the only upside I can see on this side of the deal.

Jamal Lewis is just getting revved up and S. Smith has had some monster weeks. T. Jones is injured but will be back shortly, he has also played well.

Frankly I am surpirsed anyone think this is a fair trade. :D

One guy in my league always makes a bogus offer to the team he is about to play. For example he offered me Marcus Robinson and Chris Brown, for S Davis and Wayne. :D I am just afraid, someone may take him up on it one of these weeks.

that does suck, but you never know what someone else is thinking. Just ask the 0-5 team if he made this deal to better his own team, or to help the other guy out. If he tells you (even if he is lieing) that he likes his deal he made, then you have to let it go and just stay pissed.

I could see someone thinking that SJAX is a lot better than Lewis this year because Lewis is facing 9 man fronts.

R Brown over T Jones is a bit odd, but assume that the 0-5 guy thinks that Jones has shot his load early (he did last year), and that Ricky Williams somehow won't take carries away from Brown... (I don't get it, but it's possible

Clayton was a stud last year, and he is off to a horrible start, but noone can predict what will happen the rest of the year..., maybe he feels like Smith is injury prone, and Clayton will somehow snap out of it and Griese will all of a sudden stop throwing the ball to Galloway and start throwing to Clayton again.

Honestly, i don't see any of these scenarios as likely, but just ask yourself if some friggin' idiot in each of our leagues would think that they are doing the right thing...

this sucks, but it is not that unbelievable.

I could see someone thinking that SJAX is a lot better than Lewis this year because Lewis is facing 9 man fronts.

1069539[/snapback]

this is a fact ... and it not just the 9-man fronts, it's also the fact that jamal is not 100%.

tony