[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Made trade on Friday. Guy now says he made mistake

Broken

I sent an offer via our league site to another owner in the league, I send him C Mart he sends me JJ, at one point during last week. This offer was accepted on Friday night.

He posted on our message board late last night that he accepted by mistake and then says he was out of town for the whole weekend.

I don't think commish has read it yet because he hasn't posted or sent out an email.

I, obviously, think it should be a done deal and left as is. If he said oops didn't mean to accept a few minutes afterwards sure we can reverse it, but 2 days later? What's he crying about anyway, C Mart had an awesome day & JJ rode the pine.

What do you think?

Why was this trade made. Do you have hope in JJ - let him reverse it and get a valueable CuMar back and he can have the backup to a terrible run game.

OOOpppss - I think you mean Julious - nevermind - this is a pretty even trade I wouldn't let him take it back. Unless he starts throwing a fit - then let him reverse it a be the bigger man.

I think it is completely up to you whether or not you want to reverse the trade. I agree if the guy had contacted everyone in the league minutes after accepting, and said he hit the wrong button or something, then the cool thing would be to reverse it. But, two days later, I don't see any problem with letting it stand from your viewpoint.

Same thing happened to me 2 weeks ago.

I traded Dunn and Ward for Duece M and Mccardell and he said he screwed up and didnt mean to offer me Mccardell and wanted to reverse trade. I thought about it and said anyone can make a mistake. I am glad he reversed the trade. :D

You just never know with these things.

I would not let him reverse it. It would only open other transactions to "mistakes" and other owners would want to try it. I had a similer thing happen last week when an owner dropped Rod Smith. I tried to pick him up, but he sent an email to the commish 2 hrs after he dropped him and it was easily reversed. Had he tried to do it 3 days after, I would have protested and won.

I would not let him reverse it. It would only open other transactions to "mistakes" and other owners would want to try it.

1076119[/snapback]

I'd tend to agree with this ... mistakes can & will be made, but if not caught right away, should not be rectified ... reversing the trade now opens up a can of worms that's too big to deal with.

For the future, might be a good idea to spell out a time limit in the league rules ... something like "in the case of a transaction being processed in error, the owner(s) involved must submit a written request to the commish within 4 hours of the transaction timestamp that the transaction be reversed".

After two days and a weekend game, the trade should stick. I've seen the wrong button hit and even did it myself before. The mistake has to be uncovered right away.

As commish, I've already had to fix two incorrect FA pickups because someone dropped the wrong guy. I was contacted within a half hour of the transaction and fixed it for them.

Even if you want to be a nice guy, you may still upset other league members.

After two days and a weekend game, the trade should stick.  I've seen the wrong button hit and even did it myself before.  The mistake has to be uncovered right away.

As commish, I've already had to fix two incorrect FA pickups because someone dropped the wrong guy.  I was contacted within a half hour of the transaction and fixed it for them.

Even if you want to be a nice guy, you may still upset other league members.

1076261[/snapback]

If commish does try to reverse it I know I'm in the right by saying no way, but after that I wouldn't be surprised if other owners refuse to trade w/me. Which would be complete bs because I did nothing wrong, but people are stupid. :D

be a nice guy and reverse the trade.  there's not enought love and trust in the world.

:D

tony

1076752[/snapback]

:D Can I play in your league next year? :D:D

He made the deal -- then Maweman gets hurt, CuMart is sunk without him, and he has buyers remorse. BAH!! 2 mins later? Sure. Accicent. Two days later, after the thing has been in place for a game. DONE.

If anything, let him trade CuMart and some compensation back to you for Jones ... take his #2 wr in payment for your troubles. :D

Commish finally emailed and he says he is going to reverse the trade!!

1077502[/snapback]

Poor decision ... at least you'll get CuMar's points for the week if you want them, hope it makes a difference for you ... now start shopping for a new league.

Edited by ts

Commish finally emailed and he says he is going to reverse the trade!!

1077502[/snapback]

Send an e-mail to the league, tell them you're leaving. Since you have more integrity and class then they do, you won't bail on your team effective immediately and ruin everyone's season, but you will not play next year in a league that allows this type of BS.

Is it possible that this guy just wanted C Mart for one week while Jones was out??

Maybe he scored enough points to win without C Mart and decided to call this trade a mistake.

As a commissioner in 2 leagues, I could not reverse this after the games have already been played because (a) if you lost, you maybe could have won with Martin. (:D if it gets reversed do you get Martins points? If so, then your opponent will be screaming foul and rightfully so. © even if having Martin in your lineup would not have affected the outcome of your game, it's possible that it would have afected a tiebreaker as far as end of season points are concerned.

I just don't see how it could be reversed after a weekend of games. There are too many intangibles as far as lineups go. I would stay on this commissioners ass over this.