[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Free Fantasy Advice - Week 7

Hugh 0ne

Good morning, oh Hugh one  :D

Kind of a complex question, I will try to keep it brief.

In my league we do not start a TE, we have a flex position which you can use to start one if you choose. Since we do not have a TE spot most of them are still available as free agents.

Here's my question: My opponent is starting Eli Manning and Brunell (we start 2 QBs).  I already have Dunn v NYJ and SJax v NO. I could sit one of them and pickup Jeremy Shockey to offset Eli. What do you think?

Sorry for the long, and possibly silly question  :D

1081284[/snapback]

Start the lineup that you think will score you the most points, don't get into the off-setting mentality, it never works. So, the question is start 2 of the following 3: Dunn, SJax, Shockey. Need I answer? HINT: Dunn and SJax.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Hugh....thanks in advance.  You steered me in the right direction last week with Brunell.  Standard scoring, 1 pt per 10 rush/receiving, 6 per TD.

Which three to start?

Boldin vs TENN (he's my #1 I would say so he's starting)

Driver @ MN

Stallworth @ STL

Houshmandzadeh vs PITT

T. Taylor vs GB

Chambers vs KC

Thanks again.

I would say all have favorable matchups except Housh.

1081286[/snapback]

Easy: Boldin, Driver, and Stallworth. Housh is questionable, Burleson being back will hurt an already unproductive Taylor, and Chambers sucks as a fantasy WR.

Howdy.

See my sig for team and rules. I just picked up Heath Miller and Brandon Jones. Dallas Clark is not producing and I need some bye filler for the next couple of weeks. My only question is: Are Miller vs. CIN and Brandon Jones vs. ARI good starts compared to Dallas Clark vs. HOU and Marshall Faulk vs. NOR in the Flex spot? My gut says sure, go for it.

So far this year I have the most points for in my league, yet I have 2 losses and am tied for 2nd in my division. This week I play the #1 in my division, so it's a big game. Unfortunately I don't have Steve Smith this week, but the rest of my heavy hitters are on deck.

Thanks.

Hugh if you dont mind one more question:

I have to pick one of these two QBs: Brees or Plummer. And yes, this is a serious question  :D

1081310[/snapback]

Why are you wasting my time? Another Plummer question out of you and NO ADVICE FOR YOU, 1 YEAR!!!!!!!!! :D

Start Brees ya donkey. :D

Hugh -

Thanks in advance!

My RB situation is ugly now that Deuce is gone.  Need three to start this week (2RB 1Flex)

Which three from:

J. Lewis

A. Smith

T. Bell

W. Parker

R. Williams

Thanks!

1081329[/snapback]

I think you have to start the guys that will get the most touches. I know it sounds simple/stupid, but when you have guys in RBBC's or questionable situation, play the guys that will see the ball the most. They're all pretty close, except for Ricky, he won't get enough carries, he's clearly on the bench. With the other guys you have listed, it's tough to know who will get what kind of playing time, so play the matchups. I'd start Bell and A. Smith for sure, and then it's a tossup between Lewis and Parker. I haven't given up on JL yet, give him a shot.

Hugh, thanks for the advice as always :D

Also thank you for the admonishment, I know I deserved it :D

I already knew what you would say, but your answer to any and all Plummer questions is priceless :D

Thanks again,

Gdawg

Edited by Gdawg

Hey Hugh.  Couple of questions for ya.

Standard performance(no pts deducted for int's)

Who do you like this weekend?

Hasslebeck vs Dallas

Eli vs Denver

or I can get Brunell vs SF off the WW.  Would you rather have Brunell or Eli as your #2 for the remainder of the year?

Also I need a #3 WR this week.  Who do you like best from the following?

I currently have Stallworth vs STL

or I can get anyone of the following off the WW.

Curtis vs NO

Hakim vs STL

Brandon Jones vs Ariz

Evans vs Oak

Burleson vs GB (I actually drafted him but had to drop him last week because of bye weeks.  I have limited roster space for my WR's.  I haven't heard anything on whether he's going to play this week or not and I have to pick someone by tonight.)

Thanks Hugh.

1081363[/snapback]

In this case I like Brunell. The matchup is very favorable. As last week proved, Eli is still an inconsistent fantasy option, so I'd bench him and Hasselhoff.

I like Curtis and Hakim this week, but if Horn is still out, Stallworth is probably a slightly better option.

I just acquired Jake the snake Plaummer off the WW

and i got Delhomme on a bye

Question #1 Do you play Plummer vs the G men over Vick on MNF vs the Jets

:D You should know not to ask Hugh questions about whether to start Plummer.

Should I trade Terry Glenn for Chris Brown? Here's my roster (i'm pretty flexible at WR):

P. Manning

T. Barber / S. Davis / R. Brown / JJ Arrington

D. Driver / S. Smith / T. Glenn / E. Moulds / R. Williams / E. Kennison

LJ Smith / B. Troupe

S. Graham

Bucs D

standard performance scoring. i'm 5-1 and could use some more depth at RB. i could probably also get Pittman for Glenn from another team. thanks!

Senor Hugh,

2 Questions

1. At QB, Favre vs. Minn or Palmer vs. Pitts (30 yds = 1pt, TD = 6pts)

Being a big Viking fan, I know Favre has sucked at the Metrodome, but I get a feeling he is going to repeat his Christmas Eve performance last year where he killed the Vikes.

2. With Steve Smith on a Bye, I need to pick 2 from these 3 to go with Holt:

L. Evans vs. Oakland

T Glenn vs. Seattle

D. Gabriel vs. Buffalo

(15 yds = 1pt, Reception = 1pt & TD = 6pts)

Your help would be appreciated, GRACIAS!!!!!!!!

Hugh, here is a couple for you, and thanks in advance for taking the time to do this

start 2, 1 pt/10 yrds, 6pts TD

C. Johnson vs PIT

A. Boldin vs TEN

T. Glenn @ SEA

start 1, 1pt/25 yrds, 4 pts TD

M. Brunell vs SF

D. Bledsoe @ SEA

start 1, 1pt/25 yrds, 6 pts TD

J. McCrown vs TEN

A. Brooks vs STL

Hey Hugh,

thanks in advance.

I was thinking about starting A.Green instead of D.Davis this week at RB, how crazy am I?

Is the matchup good enough to even consider starting Green? Or do you think he's a better start than Rudi Johnson?

also, which (if any) of these would you drop for C.Perry: K.Curtis, M.Moore, M.Anderson, LJ Smith ?

I'd like to have Perry to back up Rudi, and potentially to play anyway.

OK, this is ugly and it probably depends on the health of Kevin Jones, BUT I need to start 2 out of 3:

Kevin Jones at Cle

Ronnie Brown vs KC

Marcel Shipp vs Ten

1 pt/yd rush & rec

6 pt TD rush, 4 pt TD rec + 1pt per reception

Hey Hugh,

Need some guru advice from you. Have been offered the following trade, any opinions?

I give up:

Dunn

McCareins

I get:

Ward

KJ

Can I afford to let go of Dunn? KJ might be better once Garcia starts, and Ward is a definite upgrade over McCareins and my WRs are banged up (Horn, Bruce, TJ). Should I pull the trigger? :D

Here is my current roster:

Green, Trent

Hasselbeck, Matt

Davis, Domanick

Dillon, Corey

Dunn, Warrick

Faulk, Marshall

Staley, Duce

Glenn, Terry

Horn, Joe NOS WR

Houshmandzadeh, T.J.

McDonald, Shaun

Smith, Jimmy

Stokley, Brandon

Gonzalez, Tony

Stevens, Jerramy

Lindell, Rian

Steelers, Pittsburgh

Bruce, Isaac

:D

QB J. Martin K. Holcomb

WR Glenn, Jurevicius, Kennison, Bryant, B. Jones, Crumpler

DST Bills, Skins

If I win this weekend but I don't think I will. Drinks are on me if your ever in DC :D

I am in NY for the Skins Gints game I will owe you big time if I win

Edited by DrBruno