[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Free Fantasy Advice - Week 7

Hugh 0ne

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, im in a spot and could use some advice.

Standard scoring, no reception pts.

I start 2 rbs out of:

JLew ATL

Cumar CHI

Antowain Smith STL

and 3 wr out of:

Glenn SEA

Boldin TEN

Housh PIT

Horn STL (im trying to pu Hakim today)

McDonald

Thanks Hugh.

EDIT After reading over, it seems I'm asking you to pick my lineup. I'm leading towards benching JLew, and go w/ Glenn Boldin and Horn/Hakim but want a 2nd opinion.

Edited by KnightsOfKnee

Hugh :D

Running Backs....WHICH 2 OF THE 4 BELOW WOULD YOU START:

Cadillac is on bye not that it mattered(hopefully he's ready to roll again after the bye week)

Anyway, any suggestions. Can only start 2 of the 4 mentioned above:

Tatum Bell @ Giants(tearing it up lately)-I think he is a lock for me here...

Julius Jones(Q) @ Seahawks-remember last years Mon bihgt game(I played him that night)...Thompson was overrated and the "D" train is just a career backup)...

Willie Parker @ Bengals-Slowed down a bit , Bus dissapointed last week...will he break one this week? hmmmm......any thoughts?

Droughns vs. Lions-only back I have with NO competition....he's due for a TD...but I'm not sold on him yet...

Of the 4 above which 2 do you feel good about?

QUICKIE QUESTION: KICKER....

WHO WOULD YOU START: JUST YOUR GUT-I KNOW KICKERS VARY EVERY WEEK...

VANDERJAGT @ TEXANS(they have more TD opps then FG's...)

LINDELL @ RAIDERS

Have to start 3, std per scoring, no ppr, te same as wr.

Coles

Curtis

Whiten

B. Jones-just picked up

T. Williamson

Been doing ok with the 1st 3 so far, but with bulger out (have him too) worried about curtis. Was going to start williamson on a hunch, but got jones off the ww.

I have to start J Martin this week since my backup is harrington. WW is bare-Orton, Wright, A Smith only starting QB's left.

PS-any way i start R Williams over KJ?????

Hi H-1!! Been able to manage my team all yr long without having to turn to this forum for advice, but I'm one of those unfortunate Bulger owners......hoping to keep my undefeated status and continue beating my hubby in this 12-team $ league; which of the cats is least likely to F it up:

McCown hosting Tenn

Holcomb @ Oak

Thanks!!!!

Hey Hugh :D

Anyway, here is the deal...

Which of the 3 would you pick besides Harrison.

Harrison - definate starter

Jurevicius - definate starter

Crumpler - pretty sure, but not 100%

A. Chatman - Like the matchup but Ferguson may get the ball more

D. Martin - like the matchup cuz Minny gets stung on TE's alot, but Franks may play so now I am not sure about this one either.

Hey Hugh, Hope all is well with the fam. Your little one has got to be getting big now.

Here is my quandry for the week. I, like many of us last week, got it yet again by the injury bug. This time it was Bulger. :D

I am looking for a 1 week replacement,as I plan to pick up Leftwich after his bye week. Here are my options for the week:

J Martin vs. TEN (worried that there is no clear cut starter yet)

A Brooks @ STL (He isn't the most reliable QB - which week will this be?)

T Dilfer vs DET (Coach has been hinting to some changes and he hasn't played well as of late)

K Holcomb vs OAK (Kind of tempting, but risky)

G Frerotte (Do I even dare?)

Tough choice and if I do pick up one of these. Do you agree that picking up Leftwich next week will be a wise move? :D

1 point per 50 yards passing, 6 per TD, -2 INT.

Hey 1 more quickie. 1 per 10 rush/rec, 6 per TD, 1 per rec.

Which 3 would you start:

Parker@CIN, D Davis vsIND, T Bell@NYG, M Shipp vsTEN, B Westbrook vsSD.

Right now I am starting Parker, Davis, Westbrook.

Thanks in advance for your help buddy.

1081364[/snapback]

I don't think Martin is a bad start, but there's always a risk with an unproven QB, and without Bruce, the weapons once again aren't all there. Brooks should do well, with or without Horn. I think he's your best bet.

I'd consider Bell over Parker. But Davis for sure, and Westbrook isn't a bad start either.

More questions than usual - Jamie Martin or Trent Dilfer? Kevin Kurtis vs NO or Eric Moulds vs Oak or Muhammad vs Bal?

Also would you trade Fred Taylor for Domanick Davis?

-Thanks

1081370[/snapback]

Martin and Curtis. Take a chance on St. Louis vs. a terribly weak NO defense, in St. Louis.

I would rather have D. Davis.

Hi Hugh. I’m thinking of dropping Bettis and picking up Chris Brown RB. Yes or No.

Performance based league:

1pt per rec.

1pt for every 20yds rush or rec.

4pt TDs.

Also drop Horn WR and pickup Ferguson WR for GB who plays the Vikes? Or keep Horn and start D. Mason.

THANKS!!!!!!!!

1081386[/snapback]

YES.

Don't drop Horn. He'll be a nice option when he gets healthy.

I have both Moss and Horn...ouch.  I am gojng on the assumption that both will be out this week.  So the question is who do I start along with Jurevicious?  I need to pick 2 of these guys.  I already have Kennsion on my roster and the rest are on the WW.  Thanks Hugh!!

Kennison @ MIA

McCareins @ ATL

Hakim V STL

Henderson V STL

Gaffney V INDY

Jones @ AZ

Gabriel V BUF

Lelie V NYG

1081406[/snapback]

Hakim and Gabriel.

I have 2 questions and will try and make them as short as possible, one a WDIS and the other a WW pickup. First the WIDS:

Chambers V KC (figure Frerotte will need to pass to keep up)

or

Wayne @ Houston (another big dose of Edge or does Peyton open it up?)

and Andre Johnson just hit the WW in our league. Given my roster, worth picking up?

Thanks

1081414[/snapback]

I'd never start Chambers over Wayne. 9 out of 10 times Wayne will do better.

AJ's hurt, and the Texans offense blows, but I'd probably prefer him over Chambers.

Question 1: You're seriously thinking about starting Brunell over Manning? Start Manning please. McCown might be riding pine, but even if he isn't, start Manning please. Housh is questionable so I can't answer that question until we know more.

Question 2: Favre is a good play against the Vikes. Glenn is truly hit or miss. I've nailed it the last three weeks, I think you should bench him for Curtis with Bruce being out, even with a backup QB, the matchup is too good. CJ and Driver are no-brainers. Good luck.

1081880[/snapback]

Forgot to say thank ya!

Oh, real quick same leauge should I trade McCown for Pittman?

I may also be able to get Caddy (different trade) so getting Pittman would be wise and with my QB's I won't start McCown.

Edited by nhoops

Your help is always appreciated!!!  Thanks!!!

Question 1

Applies to leagues 1 and 2 in sig.

With Bulger down, and Leftwich on a bye, I'm hurting at QB.  Who should I pick up from the waiver wire:

Jamie Martin

Trent Dilfer

Kelly Holcomb

I picked up Holcomb when the waiver wire ran last night, but Martin and Dilfer are still available.

Question 2

Applies to leagues 1 in sig.

Who should I start in as my flex:

Antowain Smith @ STL

Mewelde Moore @ GB

Question 3

Applies to leagues 1 in sig.

I've been offered Hasselbeck for Antowain Smith.  If I accept, it'll leave me with only 3 RBs (Moore, DDavis, KJones). Plus, Hasselbeck's bye is next week, so I would still have to use a filler QB for Hasselbeck and Bulger.  Thoughts?

Edit to add Question 3.

1081415[/snapback]

Martin.

Mewelde.

Hasselbeck blows.

:D

Hi Hugh,

I have LJ Smith and Crumpler at TE.  I have been picking the wrong one each week.

Who do you like this week?  Smith vs SD or Crumpler vs NYJ

Thanks again

Edit- duh :D

1081419[/snapback]

Crumpler. He's due for a score, and usually performs well in the confines of the dome.

Hugh, thanks as always!

2 quick WDIS:

at RB, pick 2:

K. Jones @ CLE (questionable)

J. Lewis@ CHI

J. Bettis @ CIN

L. Johnson @ MIA

I figure I have to keep rolling with Jamal, but with Jones questionable, I'm considering switching him out for Bettis.

at WR/TE, pick 3:

T. Glenn @ SEA

R. Wayne @ HOU

D. Stallworth @ STL

R. Ferguson @ MIA

M. Muhammad vs BAL

T. Gonzalez @ MIA

I'm definitely going with Wayne and Glenn, so I really just need one more from the remaining 4. Stallworth is too inconsistent, and his hamstring scares me, and I'm thinking Ferguson could have a good day against the Vikings.

Thanks again, and good luck this weekend! :D

Hugh I read this every week and it really helps me plan out my weekend. But I noticed you picked Martin over Holcomb on many of these picks and picked Brooks over Martin.

What is the stratagic rationale for Martin over Holcomb and Brooks over Martin.

And What about Dilfer seems like you just never like him at all. :D

Thanks for the info -

I play in a 8 team basic TD league (2 pts for 300 pass, 100 rush, 100 rec) and want to know your advice on who to offer for Clinton Portis - or if I should trade at all. I feel I can trade either Parker or Davis for Portis....

My team:

QB Farve, Bradey

RB Holmes, Jackson, Green, Bettis, Parker, Davis

WR Smith, Wayne, Fitzgerald, Curtis, Housh

And the answer is....

OK Hugh, gonna pick your brain to hopefully improve my record in the Interboard Challenge. First, a disclaimer: every time I went to pick a WR, I was just really not very excited about who was there... thought I'd be able to land some mid-tier guys with upside, and did in some cases... those guys have not panned out, and as a result, my WRs STINK like no other.

QB: Going with lil Manning, as Bulger is out

RB: With Dillon dinged (and uh, on bye), I am forced to go with D. Davis and Bettis (only bench RB is Jarrett Payton :D). Best FA RBs? Bryson, Marion Barber, Willie Green. Not good.

WR: Pick three, please.

Ashely Lelie @ NYG - One of the "mid-tier" guys I highlighted above. He's all but crapped the bed, although he may take off at any time. Shootout in the Meadowlands?

Greg Lewis vs. SD - Could benefit from TO being double-teamed. Chargers' pass D is atrocious.

Shaun McDonald vs. NO - I like him as a sleeper this week. Holt's probable, but Bruce should be out again. Holt and Curtis can't catch everything. Saints' nickel package stinks.

Muhsin Muhammed vs. BAL - Not the greatest matchup, but he's averaging 6.6 ppg, 2nd best out of my incredible set of WRs.

Brandon Stokley @ HOU - I like the matchup. Houston, as we all know, sucks. Manning will look for Harrison and Wayne, as per normal, but Stokley could see nickel coverage all day, and could excel in garbage time.

Travis Taylor vs. GB - Even with Burleson back, Taylor should have a decent outing against the horrible Packer secondary, right?

Currently have the last 3 in as starters. TE is Gonzo :D ... K and D/ST are inconsequential. Thanks H1. :D

2 issues:

1. Bears D vs. the Ravens O or the Ravens D vs. the Bears O....unique defensive situation with the 2 teams playing each other. We get defensive scores, 1pt sacks, and 2 pt TOs plus a bonus for yards allowed under 300...2 pts per 50 yds. I'd say the Ravens b/c the Bears O just sucks but then the Bears D is good and the Ravens O sucks as well....and the Bears D is averaging about 4 fantasy pts more a game for me right now.

2. Ronnie Brown vs. the Chiefs, Jamal Lewis vs. the Bears, or Chris Brown vs. the Cardinal. (Priest is my #1 starter). I've got to pick one.

I'm just fed up with Lewis but haven't liked Chris or Ronnie more until Jamal just whiffed last week vs. the crappy Browns...leaning towards Chris w/ Jamal against a tough Bear D and Ronnie splitting carries with Ricky.

Thanks!