Sign in to follow this  
MojoMan

Joey Harrington

Does Joey Harrington suck?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Does Joey Harrington suck?

• Yes
    • No

If you vote no, please provide an argument supporting why he does not suck.

PS He SUCKS!!!

Where's the third choice "Joey and Millen both suck?"

Joey's another high draft choice who can't get the job done. Leaf, Akili Smith, Couch, etc. More don't make it than do.

I think Garcia will be playing soon just so the Lions will miss out on a high drat choice this year.

Actually, I dumped Joey a week ago and picked up Garcia.

Still, I just don't get it. What were the "experts" thinking when they were saying he was going to have a breakout year.

What is wrong with him?

If you vote no, please provide an argument supporting why he does not suck.

PS  He SUCKS!!!

1082213[/snapback]

[Crickets Chirping] :D [/Crickets Chirping]

I voted no, I think Joey got F'ed up going into a bad stituation in Det. He was put in to early with no players around him. Now he is like a deer in the headlights due to the previous bad years, the O-line doesn't even want to block for him anymore, the WR can't hold on to a ball and don't even try to get off the line or make good cuts. He hasn't had anyone to learn from (ex. Kitna/Palmer) so he still doesn't know how to play the NFL game right. Fan support, not in Detriot, they always eat up players that can't preform. Also Marty and Steve versions of the WCO don't suit his playing style at all (the question here is why did they even draft him than?) Of course I think all those WRs would perform better in a none WCO also.

Is he done in Det? YES, do I think that given a chance in another location that he might be able to "right the ship" ? Yes I do, I see him as a QB that will be a #2 somewhere under a older QB a given a year or two to learn the system, take over and perform well.

I voted no.

He blows.

You can't suck and blow at the same time.

1082967[/snapback]

I disagree I knew this co-ed when I was in high school working at Excalibur in Vegas, but thats another story

Edited by TJOLIRPH

I'd like to see them be successful with another quarterback before I completely blame him.

He was a helluva good QB in college, and I know that doesn't always translate... but I've got nothing to compare him to.

I remember when everyone was killing John Fox and Carolina for passing on him to take Julius Peppers. Carolina is obviously still regretting that one :D

He sucks and combined with Akilli Smith I'd maybe not draft an Oregon QB too high.

1082967[/snapback]

As I understand, Madam Stephanie would strongly disagree. :D

I think he has the ability, but with the system he is in, well it's broke more then it's made. The kittens STILL have a HUGH mangement problem, which they just don't seem to get....STILL. If there is a big turd in the room, and management can't smell it.....well you get it......

With a different situation and a line that can pass protect, in time I think he'd excel.

Ask Elway and his brutal beginning.

All I'm saying IMHO is it's not completely Harrington, it's Detroit. With the right structure, I'd gladly pull the trigger next year.

Sorry Detroit, but in this respect you are no different then Chicago.

Actually, I dumped Joey a week ago and picked up Garcia.

Still, I just don't get it.  What were the "experts" thinking when they were saying he was going to have a breakout year.

What is wrong with him?

1082289[/snapback]

Probably the same thing they were thinking when they said Kyle Boller was going to have a breakout year.

Probably the same thing they were thinking when they said Kyle Boller was going to have a breakout year.

1083146[/snapback]

Potatoe?....Asbetsos brake shoes...... :D

I voted no, I think Joey got F'ed up going into a bad stituation in Det.  He was put in to early with no players around him.  Now he is like a deer in the headlights due to the previous bad years, the O-line doesn't even want to block for him anymore, the WR can't hold on to a ball and don't even try to get off the line or make good cuts.  He hasn't had anyone to learn from (ex. Kitna/Palmer) so he still doesn't know how to play the NFL game right.  Fan support, not in Detriot, they always eat up players that can't preform.  Also Marty and Steve versions of the WCO don't suit his playing style at all (the question here is why did they even draft him than?)  Of course I think all those WRs would perform better in a none WCO also.

Is he done in Det? YES,  do I think that given a chance in another location that he might be able to "right the ship" ? Yes I do,  I see him as a QB that will be a #2 somewhere under a older QB a given a year or two to learn the system, take over and perform well.

1082699[/snapback]

In his 4th yr, only better than Orton in pass%?????? He sucks the big one, was ticked we drafted him. People have made excuses for 4 yrs for the Hairball. He's missed wide open targets, time and time again. He cannot lead a winning drive, ever. Carolina, defense 14, Hairball , 2 fieldgoals. We lose 21-20. He's no leader, has no fire, and should come out in pantyhose to match his character. Joey = on piano, pregame show. He's not a #1, or a #2 anywhere, Testeverde at age 60 is a far better option. NO more excuses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I disagree if given a location that had an older bonafid starter w/o a WCO I think in a couple years he could preform well. I still think the Detriot situation caused him to get the mental blocks that he has now, take away the bad stituation I believe he'll do allright. JMHO