[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

so frustrating

dmarc117

anyone else in a league where no one will make a trade.....

i have tried for 5 weeks to make some moves and so frustrating, nobody will trade

there have 0 trades to date!

so frustrating....

1082467[/snapback]

Sure they'll trade but not fair value.

I'm in a 10 teqam dynasty league that has been in existence for 22 years.

Early on, everyone traded - But in the past 10 years or so, trading has boiled down to me and 2 or 3 other teams in the league. The others simply won't trade.

I think it's due to the fact that they made bad trades early on and got mocked mercilessly for it - as they should.

I think most people in fantasy leagues are are afraid to do something stupid, so they shy away from trades. They'd rather quietly suck than take a chance. Lame IMO.

I think most people in fantasy leagues are are afraid to do something stupid, so they shy away from trades.  They'd rather quietly suck than take a chance.  Lame IMO.

1082580[/snapback]

This year I've successfully completed three deals:

-- for Andre Johnson preseason, the week before he disappeared

-- for DJackson the week before he got hurt

-- for DBennett the week before he got hurt

My answer is to keep looking for an upgrade -- not to crawl into my diaper and cry. :D

My answer is to keep looking for an upgrade -- not to crawl into my diaper and cry.   :D

1082590[/snapback]

Exactly. Real men cry into their tumblers of scotch; not diapers.

Honestly, every trade of mine that has been rejected so far turned out to be a blessing disguise. Like when I offered Thomas Jones for Barlow going into week one, but the other person (Benson owner) rejected.

Edited by yo mama

Like one of the league members said, and I quote............"If the Merlins come knocking, you know that they will benefit so don't do it".

Brilliant.

Its a riot to watch teams that are 1-5 go all season without making a deal to save their season. Whatever.

I have made several trades in multiple leagues as usaul.

I'm in a league where everyone thinks they've got gold and you're offering bronze

1082803[/snapback]

man, that is so my league. i just joined it this year, and i'm pretty sure the other 13 guys have all been friends for a while. i'm hoping the asinine trade offers i've gotten are because they're hoping i'm a moron. the last one i got was about two hours before last sunday's games: he offered tyson thompson for robert ferguson. i countered with a more reasonable offer and was rejected. i've made one trade, to an owner who said the proposals were the fairest she's ever gotten in the league.

then there are the head-scratchers. one guy traded harrison and suggs for barlow and drew bennett -- and the bennett owner was the one who suggested it! the bennett owner also had randy moss, so i made an offer, and he said everyone made so much fun of him that he wasn't making any more trades. so now he has moss AND bennett. serves him right.

... he offered tyson thompson for robert ferguson. i countered with a more reasonable offer ...

1082899[/snapback]

What's wrong with that as an opening offer?

What was your "more reasonable" offer?

What's wrong with that as an opening offer?

What was your "more reasonable" offer?

1082934[/snapback]

if the guy made the offer just to get things started, i can understand that. that's how you negotiate. but, like a lot of people on this board have said, most people offer a little and want a lot in return.

anyway, i told him thompson is an unproven backup to a guy who's missing only a few games; ferguson is a starter. when i offer trades, i at least try to make sure the total points on each side of the equation are fairly balanced. i figure it's a good place to start. i offered ferguson and larry johnson for hines ward and tyson thompson. he rejected it with no counteroffer or comment, which i took to mean he was just fishing.

if the guy made the offer just to get things started, i can understand that. that's how you negotiate. but, like a lot of people on this board have said, most people offer a little and want a lot in return.

...i offered ferguson and larry johnson for hines ward and tyson thompson...

1082971[/snapback]

Not an unreasonable counter-offer.

However, unless he was just on a fishing expedition, the guy was probably trying to upgrade his receiving corps. Giving up Hines Ward for Robert Ferguson would not help him achieve that goal.

Not an unreasonable counter-offer.

However, unless he was just on a fishing expedition, the guy was probably trying to upgrade his receiving corps.  Giving up Hines Ward for Robert Ferguson would not help him achieve that goal.

1082991[/snapback]

not to bore the rest of the board with this, but the guy also had ricky williams, a proven player, even if he has barely played this season. the bottom line is that, all too often, guys will pick up crap off the waiver wire, tie a bow on it and offer you the steal of the century. when i'm on the other end of that offer, all it tells me is the guy making the trade thinks i'm a moron, and it's a good signal that you'd have better luck getting blood from a rock than a decent offer from him.

I'm in a league where I offered the following trades:

1. Edge for TO - I was told by the TO owner to "stop offering me sh%t *** players for TO." I stared blankly at the screen and moved on. I then offered . . .

2. McGahee for Chad Johnson to another owner (whose starting RBs are currently Pittman and Ricky Williams). I was told to "go smoke some more crack."

Never been more baffled by responses to trade offers in my almost 10 years of fantasy football. I STILL can't believe the reaction I got to #2.

1.  Edge for TO - I was told by the TO owner to "stop offering me sh%t *** players for TO."  I stared blankly at the screen and moved on.  I then offered . . .

2.  McGahee for Chad Johnson to another owner (whose starting RBs are currently Pittman and Ricky Williams).  I was told to "go smoke some more crack."

Never been more baffled by responses to trade offers in my almost 10 years of fantasy football.  I STILL can't believe the reaction I got to #2.

1083112[/snapback]

They were good even trade offers, i wish you were in some of my leagues.

1.  Edge for TO - I was told by the TO owner to "stop offering me sh%t *** players for TO."  I stared blankly at the screen and moved on.  I then offered . . .

2.  McGahee for Chad Johnson to another owner (whose starting RBs are currently Pittman and Ricky Williams).  I was told to "go smoke some more crack."

Never been more baffled by responses to trade offers in my almost 10 years of fantasy football.  I STILL can't believe the reaction I got to #2.

1083112[/snapback]

Good offers both. I wonder if it's more of a reflection on how rare really consistant WR's are this year. With all the injuries/busts in the usual tier 2 & 3 group, It seems like there are hardly enough Stud WR's to go around this year, especially in a 12 team league. In comparison RB's are a dime a dozen.