[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Houston @ Chicago

whitem0nkey

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Houston you have a problem!

1083664[/snapback]

Don't jinx us!!! :D

I was somewhat surprised that Contreras is starting Game 1, given that he piched 17 1/3 innings last week. I thought that it would be better for Ozzie to start Buehrle and Garland at home and give Jose a little rest.

Come on, sox fans don’t believe in jinxes that’s for cub and red sox fans. What ever I type on this forum has no effect on how the game will go.

this should be a very good world series, both teams match up well with each other.

“Don’t Stop believing” - journey

Andy Pettitte wears eyeliner what a fruit!

Sox are the franchise with all the WS experience. The 'Stros should just learn from us on bended knee.

This should be our toughest opponent. We have not faced a pitching staff like Houston’s. However, they have not faced one like ours.

We beat Boston's lineup, we beat LA's versatility, WE CAN WIN.

Paul Konerko, Jermaine Dye, and Tad Iguchi are looking forward to the 315 foot porch in left field.

Clemens 4.50 ERA this postseason, and now he wont have an easy out every 8 guys. He was only lasting about five innings in Sept.

Our hitters know Clemons and Pettite, so no worries there, Oswald looks tough though.

Heck, just nice to see two long-suffering franchises with rabid fans make it to the dance.

Edited by whitem0nkey

Looking on paper, this is just a dead-even matchup. Hou's pitching has been a tad up and down in the playoffs, while the Sox pitchers have really stepped it up - their bullpen pitched 2/3 of an inning THE ENTIRE ALCS.

They got the mo', could very well be a Chicago sweep. About the only thing that would surprise me in this series though would be a Houston sweep - both managers are "by the gut" guys whose teams play loose and have SUPERB pitching.

And  your saying it doesn't? C'mon.

1085496[/snapback]

Where did I say "the DH doesn't help that stat"? I just said it's highly impressive no matter what league you're in.

4 complete games are amazing.

If it was the NL. One it would be easier cause u face a pitcher every 9 batters, and it would be harder cause a manager is more inclined to have a pitch hitter in the 7th due to a current game situation.

anyway the AL is a better league.

If it was the NL. One it would be easier cause u face a pitcher every 9 batters, and it would be harder cause a manager is more inclined to have a pitch hitter in the 7th due to a current game situation.

Right - in the NL, it's easier to pitch longer, you get that "gimme" out of a P; but it's tougher to stay in the game due to the hitting situations. Unless your P is really cruising along, you probably pull him in a low-scoring game to generate some offense.

anyway the AL is a better league.

1085660[/snapback]

Are we talking pure talent at this moment, or in terms of style of play? Because I wouldn't bother quibbling with the former but I'd really dispute the latter.

I hope the Astros win, but it should be a good series. Everyone is picking the White Sox to win, but whats new? Over 1/2 the "experts" picked the Braves and everyone picked the Cards in 6. I'm looking forward to seeing Bags in the DH! Personally, I think the White Sox are overrated. Hopefully the Astros prove that in the WS. I'm just happy the Yanks, BoSox, Cards and Braves are all out of it. Good luck Chicago White Sox!

This should be a good series. It's difficult to pick someone to root for, because both cities deserve a winner.

I was rooting for the White Sox to make it from the AL, and am glad they did (regardless of some anti-Red Sox posters who shall remain nameless :D ). Their pitching is amazing, and I am particularly glad for Contreras being able to turn it around. When he was with the Yanks it felt like the Red Sox line-up hitting against him was like a big guy kicking a puppy. Good for him to get it together.

In the end, though, My wife and I are pulling for the Astros. I have always been a big Clemens fan, ans would love to see him win one more. I have also liked Pettite for a long time, regardless of his years in pinstripes. Lastly, it would be nice to see a guy like Bagwell win a championship.

We won't be disappointed if the ChiSox win...good for them if they do. But, until it happens, Go 'Stros!!

Edited by Caveman_Nick