[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Houston @ Chicago

whitem0nkey

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The umps are the White Sox' friends again.

Bad call on a non-hit-by-pitch leads to a grand slam.

(of course the strohs could have just gotten somebody out since everything happened with 2 outs)

1093376[/snapback]

The phantom strike three on A.J. in the ALCS was a horrible call, but this one was REALLY close. It's difficult to blame the ump for that one... especially when the ball's coming in at 90 mph. All it takes is the lack of the "wood-on-ball" sound and a good acting performance from Dye. And, like you said, the ump didn't throw the meatball that Paulie jacked over the left-field wall.

I find it interesting that Fox made such a big deal out of this (and, of course, they waited until Konerko's GS to do so). My theory is that the networks are pushing hard for instant replay. Extra commercial breaks mean more advertising revenue for them.

Edited by Bill Swerski

Great 2 games, Astros should take at least 2 out of 3 at home.

1093579[/snapback]

They're going to have to just to stay alive. That said, I'm going to be surprised if the Sox beat Oswalt tomorrow night.

Pettitte was fantastic last night... did just about everything one could ask for (except maybe going a little deeper into the game). I can't believe that he was charged for the run on Biggio's drop. Berkman has been incredible over these two games as well. But, my God, what the hell happened to Lidge. He hasn't pitched well at all recently.

Buehrle didn't have his command last night (and got squeezed a few times), but stayed in the game long enough to take the heat off of the 'pen. Konerko is going to get paid BIG TIME in the offseason and Pods just continues to amaze me. Both were instrumental in overcoming horrible base-running and poor situational hitting. I'm not convinced that Jenks is playoff closer material right now. It looked like he was getting squeezed a bit in the 9th, but he can't give up that two-run double. Hopefully Ozzie will stick to his closer-by-committee approach.

Looking forward to the games in Houston... if I don't have a heart attack by then! :D

Crushing defeat after the Astros battled back from down 2-1 and 6-4. They now have to win 4 out of 5. Our stellar relief pitchers let us down again. I hate to say it fellow Astros fans but game o........I just can't say it. :D

I love the fact that not a single one of the controversial calls in the playoffs have scored a run for the White Sox. None. Zip. Nada.

Every time we have caught a break, whether it was Tony G. missing a grounder, or AJ's steal of first base, or Dye's play last night, the White Sox have had to follow that break with a great play. And they have done so EVERY TIME.

That is why this White Sox team is so special. They seize the moment.

also :D to crappy shoes from spammers for this ad.

There are two baseball teams in Chicago.

One is loved not just in Chicago, but nationally. A fan base as far and wide as this great country. Then you have the this other team on the southside. Whose fan base is just the southside.

The Southside White Sox are not a popular team. You don't see kids wearing their baseball caps in NY and LA and London. They are blue collar. Nothing fancy. No frills. Just a bunch of small ballers and outcasts who found a home on the other side of town.

They are the team of their people and that's the way they play- with all heart and more heart and just when they think they've given you all the heart they have,they give you a little more. That's the Southside for you.

So when you're watching this series you're not just watching a baseball team. You're witnessing the collective soul of a few hundred thousand people on one side of town.

World,meet the Southside Whitesox.

Just do it…..

Edited by whitem0nkey

Posednik 0 in the reg season 2 in the post.  :D

1095673[/snapback]

He had 12 last years, but batted .244 with 70 stolen bases. When he joined the sox he gave up on the home run and focused on getting on base to steal more bases. This year he batted .290 with 59 stolen bases, most were in the 1st half of the year. The past two weeks because his stealing was not as good as it was in the first half he went to more of a power swing.

There have been only 14 walk-off home-runs in the history of the World Series, two of which have won the World Series

1949 - Tommy Henrich, NY Yankees

1954 - Dusty Rhodes, NY Giants

1957 - Eddie Mathews, Milwaukee

1960, Game 7 - Bill Mazeroski of the Pittsburgh Pirates becomes the first person to win the World Series with a walk-off home run, defeating the New York Yankees

1964 - Mickey Mantle, NY Yankees

1975, Game 6 - :DCarlton Fisk :D of the Boston Red Sox hits a solo homer in the bottom of the 12th inning to end a game against the Cincinnati Reds considered by many the greatest ever played. This homer arguably changed the very way televised sports are covered. Because camera operators missed a cue from the producer, the camera lingered on Fisk trying to "wave his home run fair

1988, Game 1 Kirk Gibson of the Los Angeles Dodgers comes off the bench to hit a walk-off home run against the Oakland Athletics. The Dodgers, heavy underdogs, go on to take the series in five games.

1988 - Mark McGwire, Oakland

1991, Game 6 - Kirby Puckett

1993, Game 6 - Joe Carter of the Toronto Blue Jays becomes the second person to win the World Series with a walk-off home run, against the Philadelphia Phillies

1999 - Chad Curtis, NY Yankees

2001, Game 4 - Derek Jeter

2003 - Alex González, Florida

2005, Game 2 - Scott Podsednik :D

Link

Edited by whitem0nkey