[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

1st/2nd round RB dissapointments

The Irish Doggy

Who is most likely to get it going here on?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Who is most likely to get it going here on?

• Julius Jones
    • Dom Davis
    • Clinton Portis
    • Jamal Lewis
    • Kevin Jones
    • Corey Dillon
    • Rudi Johnson
    • Curtis Martin
    • Ahman Green

I targeted these 1st/2nd round RBs who either by injury or performance probably haven't lived up to expectations based on average draft position. :D Our exercise for today is to identify which player(s) will come on strong to finish the year. Do you have reason to expect one or more of these players to catch fire? Who finishes well and makes you forget a slow or injured start? :D And who continues the trend to the bottom? :D

Here's a little review and a look at the rushing ease of schedule.

Dom Davis - On a miserable Houston team. No rushing TDs. A team about ready to throw in the towel? Unfavorable rush EOS.

Corey Dillon - YPC stinks, but he's getting the goal line opportunities. He's not a back you come from behind with. He's a back you keep the lead with, and the NE D has weaknesses now. Can you count on him to be in the game in the 2nd half if Brady is throwing all day? Somewhat unfoavorable EOS.

Ahman Green - Injured and missing his gaurds. Mixed EOS.

Rudi Johnson - In a slight RBBC, but he gets consistant yards and an occasional score. Lots of griping on the boards about this player. Average EOS.

Julius Jones - You might argue his inclusion here (humor me), but he's injured, Flozel Adams is gone, Bledsoe is hogging the glory. The future may not be bright. Mixed difficulty rushing EOS.

Kevin Jones - Has Harrington as his QB and offense is pitiful, but what happens when Garcia takes over? Mixed EOS.

Jamal Lewis - Injured at the beginning of the year. Maybe its still effecting him? Dysfunctional offense. Unfavorable rush EOS.

Curtis Martin - Loss of Kevin Mawae hurts a lot. QB throws with a cane. Mixed EOS.

Clinton Portis - All that jelly and no toast. Curiously missing from the endzone, but yardage is A-OK. Favorable rush EOS.

:D

Edit: And feel free to tell us why you voted as you did.

Edited by The Irish Doggy

As a Jones owner (Julius and Kevin) I am optomistic that both should be ok. I'm pretty much getting what I expected week in and week out form Julius as my #2 back. I expect that Kevin will improve when Garcia takes over and opponents have to begin to respect the DET WR's. I have a suspicion that all 3 DET WR's are just killing time until Joey's outta there. With his blocking back healty and a passing game with a pulse, I'm hoping for some solid production from kevin a little closer to playoff time.

Edited by billay

Wow!! So much love for Jamal Lewis but no one gives a reason why.

Maybe its because his awsome QB will loosen up the run game? :D

Maybe its because he has no back-up to steal touches from him? :D

Maybe the Ravens Def is so dominate this year that one TD will win the game for them? :D

I see him in the same boat as Curtis and its sinking. No QB and generally bad offense. Both are running down in their careers.

I'll take any of the other guys. Most likely JJ when he gets healthy and Portis should get a TD any week now

Why the love for Jamal Lewis. I know the offense has problems, but when he runs, it looks like he's tip toeing through cow pies. He just doesn't run with the same authority he did 2 yrs. ago. Nope, he's done.

I voted J. Jones. Once he gets back from injury and his bye week, I expect him to do really well. I also think Portis will bet better as the year moves on.

I'm looking at Kevin Jones and Clinton Portis as the most likely choices.

I just have to believe the Portis will be getting some goal line carries here. Maybe not a lot, but he should finish with 6 TDs. The rush schedule it just too good. And he does have the yards to expect an upturn in scoring performance IMO.

Kevin Jones because once Garcia takes over, this team has oodles of untapped offensive potential. I think its clear that Harrington is done. What a difference a QB makes for a team. With teams respecting the pass again, KJ has a second half like last year.

I say Portis. I don't own him anywhere, but I think w/ a competent QB and a solid Defense, he'll stay involved in the game and be able to grind out some 4th quarter yards.

My second choice would be Ahman, I just have a feeling that line is gelling and GB has to run the ball to win.

Fisher is still there and a major threat in end zone passing situations.

1089527[/snapback]

Yep Fisher is still there. But I don't think he'll be taking carries away from Green like Davenport did. Completely different type back. The Red Zone passing opps to Fisher are a pain, but it's been that way all this year and last year as well. However, on a positive note, I have noticed that Green has again become more involved in Green Bay's passing game this year, compared to last year.

My 2nd round pick is Portis. I expect that he will get better because Brunell is playing like he used to and defenses are going to have to start respecting the passing game or suffer the consequences. Hopefully Clinton will get it going in the TD department this week against a suspect D.

Best - K and J Jones

Why??

For K Jones - Cory is back, simple enough.

For J Jones - Bledsoe's efficency in the passing game will keep teams from stacking 8 in the box.

and for both, good schedules to run against. K. Jones has a better schedule the rest of the way.

I just have to believe the Portis will be getting some goal line carries here.  Maybe not a lot, but he should finish with 6 TDs.  The rush schedule it just too good. And he does have the yards to expect an upturn in scoring performance IMO.

1086436[/snapback]

Now if I had just made a trade for him....