[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

From the CrockPot -Week 7

PantherDave

Well here is the Friday night debut of FTCP, per Cheif Dicks idea...away we go.

The little cooking machine will be doing one of my fav's this week-Filet Migon Stew, to summarize-it's beef stew with Filet for the cut.

*little CP-1 1/4 to 1 1/2 lb. meat-Dutch oven size CP-2- 2 1/2 lb. meat)

(small cp instructions)

Put CP on high and put 1 can beef broth 1/2 can veg broth, bag of "beef stew" flavor(McCormick etc.), add vegs-carrots, cut taters, sliced(big) onion( tomatoes and celery if ya like). Let this cook about 30 min.

Brown cut up meat in pot on the stove-put a little veg oil in first and get it hot, add meat, and brown lightly meat.

Add meat to stew-cook covered on high for2 1/2- 3hr-check for taste and doneness(sp).

Enjoy with Italian or French bread-Mrs. PD prefers a Merlot, and I prefer a Shiraz.

For some football?

I like for the Pack to get in the thick of the NFC North dogfight.

Packers 31

Vikings 14

Bon Appetite and good luck on the Homer Front and FF Wise-Peace PD.

****i like the bengals this week :D ****

Braising some country style pork ribs on low heat for about an hour. The braise will be beer, a little molasses, brown sugar. Ribs will have been in a Jamaican rub for 24 hours prior to braising. I'll then coat them with my homemade BBQ sauce and let em soak overnight.

Sunday morning about ten they'll be thrown in the smoker with some hickory smoke for 3 to 4 hours...

:D

Edited by sundaynfl

Well, the Chiefs game tonight has thrown me off my game in that I don't have time to get the smoker going for tonight. But Sunday I'm going to do some babyback ribs on the smoker. Gonna try a new recipe I read in one of my BBQ books. Here goes:

Cider Soak:

1 1/2 cups apple cider

3/4 cup cider vinegar

1/2 medium onion, minced

1 1/2 teas. Worc. sauce

1 tblspoon veg oil

1 teas cinnamon

1 teas thyme

Rub:

1/4 cup brown sugar

4 teas onion powder

1 teas cinnamon

1 teas dry mustard

1 teas coarse salt (kosher or sea)

1/2 teas thyme

Night before, combine all the soak ingrediants. Place slabs of babybacks in a big flat pan or plastic bag, and pour marinade over them. Soak overnight

In the morning, pull ribs out of marinade and pat with the dry rub. Let em sit about 20 minutes.

In the meantime, light your smoker. I will be using apple wood for the smoker, in that it produces an AWESOME sweet apple flavor to the meat. This will really work nicely with the cider soak.

Smoke for about 3-4 hours at 225 degrees. You can then add some sauce if you'd like about 20 minutes from the end, but I probably won't because I want to be able to taste the marinade and the rub.

You may also want to mop the meat every 45 minutes or so. Use 1 1/2 cups cider, 1/2 cup cider vinegar, and a little worcester sauce.

Well here is the Friday night debut of FTCP, per Cheif Dicks idea...away we go.

The little cooking machine will be doing one of my fav's this week-Filet Migon Stew, to summarize-it's beef stew with Filet for the cut.

*little CP-1 1/4 to 1 1/2 lb. meat-Dutch oven size CP-2- 2 1/2 lb. meat)

(small cp instructions)

Put CP on high and put 1 can beef broth 1/2 can veg broth, bag of "beef stew" flavor(McCormick etc.), add vegs-carrots, cut taters, sliced(big) onion( tomatoes and celery if ya like). Let this cook about 30 min.

Brown cut up meat in pot on the stove-put a little veg oil in first and get it hot, add meat, and brown lightly meat.

Add meat to stew-cook covered on high for2 1/2- 3hr-check for taste and doneness(sp).

Enjoy with Italian or French bread-Mrs. PD prefers a Merlot, and I prefer a Shiraz.

For some football?

I like for the Pack to get in the thick of the NFC North dogfight.

Packers 31

Vikings 14

Bon Appetite and good luck on the Homer Front and FF Wise-Peace PD.

****i like the bengals this week :D ****

1088025[/snapback]

Filet Mignon beef stew?

Well aren't we just the high and mighty. :D

Well, the Chiefs game tonight has thrown me off my game in that I don't have time to get the smoker going for tonight. But Sunday I'm going to do some babyback ribs on the smoker. Gonna try a new recipe I read in one of my BBQ books. Here goes:

1088180[/snapback]

Don't forget to cut and peel the membrane from the back (bone-side) of the ribs. It allows your marinade and smoke to get into the meat from both sides. That is a tip I got from a past BBQ champion...

And I'm trying this one this weekend...beer and all. :D

Edited by cre8tiff

Don't forget to cut and peel the membrane from the back (bone-side) of the ribs. It allows your marinade and smoke to get into the meat from both sides. That is a tip I got from a past BBQ champion...

1088995[/snapback]

Really? I never heard that before. :D:D

(Sonny Boy, I live in the BBQ capital of the world. I've been pulling membranes since I was a wee lad)

(just bustin your chops)

Filet Mignon beef stew?

Well aren't we just the high and mighty.  :D

1088375[/snapback]

Well, truth be told, someone turned me on to it. When I ate it for the first time-I was blown away-I'd gone top sirlion in my Beff Stew, but never the coveted FIllet. Well, let's just say that it was so good that, when told the cut was Fillet, I've never had a problem maiking it(not all my beef stew is this way) ,as it's the beef stew for a good red wine. Peace PD.

Edited by PantherDave

Going to be a nice, miserable, rainy 48 here in C-bus on Sunday so I've opted for some indoor epicurian adventures. After a hearty breakfast of pancakes and bacon (grease is good), I'll be stepping to the island in the kitchen and preparing a chili that my brother and I have been making/revising for about 6 years. One of the main ingredients: Guiness. Believe it or not, it's flavors add just that something to a blazing concoction.

The great thing this week is that we can all drink, eat, and pass out by 9:00. Don't need to go on more Sunday drinking marathons (unless you're a blasted baseball junkie).

Have a great weekend. I'd post the recipe, but we've never actually measured anything (except the beer: 2 bottles mixed w/ the onions/garlic/peppers while their simmering). I realize it doesn't give us repeatable results, but that's half the fun of cooking anyhow.....

:D  That's what I thought.  I thought the whole idea of stewing was for cheap cuts of meat. 

1089197[/snapback]

Well, I predominently make "chew stew" with lesser cut's of meat, but if you ever want a truly great feed-hearty-delicious, well this is it. 99.9 % of my fillets hit the grill, but every once in a while..ys just gotta make this up-it's to good not to-Peace PD.

My buddy is a butcher and ALWAYS hooks me up with the filet mignon....

Call me spoiled but my fave is hittin the bakery Sunday am for some fresh Hero rolls, then the Italian market for some fresh Provolone...

Come gametime i have the finest cheese steak on the planet ready to go.

Neighbors seem to come by alot on Sunday too....

You're all wrong! :D

Absolutely the best BBQ starts with a bet on the Broncos vs Chefs game! :D

It ends with total Denver domination and the receipt of the ribs on your end of the winning bet from the loser!!! :D

Sorry CD, but I had to poke once.....first and last I promise! :D

GO BRONCOS!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Edit: smelling :D

Edited by Turf Smurf

You're all wrong!  :D

Absolutely the best BBQ starts with a bet on the Broncos vs Chefs game!  :D

It ends with total Denver domination and the receipt of the ribs on your end of the winning bet from the loser!!!  :D

Sorry CD, but I had to poke once.....first and last I promise!  :D

GO BRONCOS!!!!!!!    :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Edit: smelling  :D

1090857[/snapback]

How were the ribs? I usually get Gates here in town, but they don't ship em. Let me know if they were any good.

How were the ribs? I usually get Gates here in town, but they don't ship em. Let me know if they were any good.

1090902[/snapback]

They were absolutely awesome!!! The wife and I are arguing, but I swear they are definatley better then Corky's! Will be eating the rest today! Guess it's a wet/dry disagreement, but hey, what can you do?

Great choice Chief!.....thx again! :D