[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

From the CrockPot -Week 7

PantherDave

Up now getting ready to start the fire.

While the fire is getting going I will take the meat out of the fridge and start rubbing it down with the dry rub.

I mixed up the rub last night, so everything should go smooth this morning. My only concern is that it is really chilly this morning, so I may have some problems getting my fire up to 225. But I may just have to add more fuel to compensate for the air temp. Right now it's probably 35 degrees or so.

:D is licking his lips under his mask, thinking about dem ribs.

Edited by Chief Dick

got out of bed around 6, got the coffee going. 1 cup in and i was chopping jalepenos, onions, garlic, and peppers. definitely a way to wake yourself up in the morning. 3 cups of coffee in and everything is in the crock pot. the meal of the day is chili, but i'm using ground turkey today to change it up a bit. the house smells good already. guinness will start flowing in a few hours. here's to a good day of football and a good meal for all of us.

I made Chocolaty Pumpkin Bars last night to take for the guys :D This doesn't officially put me under suspicion, does it :D

Here's the recipe:

Chocolaty Pumpkin Bars

Serves: 24

1 cup all-purpose flour

1 cup whole wheat flour

3/4 cup sugar

1 cup pecans, very finely chopped (I did not include these in mine)

2 teaspoons baking powder

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon salt

4 large eggs, beaten

1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin

1/2 cup canola oil

1/4 cup low-fat milk

1/2 cup mini chocolate chips

1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly oil a 15-inch-by-10-inch rimmed baking pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.

2. Whisk together flours, sugar, pecans, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.

3. In a separate bowl, combine eggs, pumpkin, canola oil, and milk. Add to the dry mixture along with the chocolate chips and stir.

4. Spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan and bake 25 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center of the batter comes out clean (I baked for about 30 minutes). Cool on a wire rack. Cut into 2 1/2 inch squares.

Enjoy!!

got out of bed around 6, got the coffee going.  1 cup in and i was chopping jalepenos, onions, garlic, and peppers.  definitely a way to wake yourself up in the morning.  3 cups of coffee in and everything is in the crock pot.  the meal of the day is chili, but i'm using ground turkey today to change it up a bit.  the house smells good already.  guinness will start flowing in a few hours.  here's to a good day of football and a good meal for all of us.

1091258[/snapback]

I made a big batch of turkey chili with black beans last night so it could simmer and be good and seasoned for today. I like using turkey because it really holds the flavors in.

I'll be drinking what's left from the beer of the month club with it.