[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tough Decision

jkkrautkramer

Hands down Jones. After last week's loss to JAX, Cowher seems intent to get Bettis more involved in the rushing game. More carries, definitely in the red zone. Willie's production will suffer. Jones has been the only functioning component of the Bears offense--I'd expect them to play-ball control, run-first with a very suspect Balt offense on the other side.

I would go as far to say that Cincy's D is a bigger challenge than Balt, especially with Ed Reed doubtful.

Jones is hot, he is going to get all of the carries, including goal line work and he may catch a pass or two.

Parker is cold, he is going to share carries with Bettis and he probably won't sniff the goal line.

Other than that, I'd say its about even.

Jones is the starter and Benson won't touch the ball unless Jones needs oxygen or water. Ed Reed is out so you can expect jones to reach paydirt at least once which will be one more than Parker since the Bus is back and will be seeing at least 50% of the carries and 100% of the goal line work against a much improved Cincy defense. Parker is gonna be special, but he's cold right now. Jones is having the best season of his career. There are certain players that you have to start every week regardless of the match up because they are consistant, like, TO, Steve Smith, Carson Palmer and LJ Smith. I am happy to say that Waiver Wire Warrior Thomas Jones is now a member of this elite squad. You can't sit him untill he stops producing.

Given his long and illustrious career, it is mystifying.

1089754[/snapback]

^^^ :D:D:D:D ^^^

I just picked him up last week off WW because I am thin at RB (lost Deuce plus the Jones' injuries x2) and he was available. I am not counting on him to contribute but rather for insurance purposes and, who knows, maybe he can pick it back up again? :D

Jones is the starter and Benson won't touch the ball unless Jones needs oxygen or water.  Ed Reed is out so you can expect jones to reach paydirt at least once which will be one more than Parker since the Bus is back and will be seeing at least 50% of the carries and 100% of the goal line work against a much improved Cincy defense.  Parker is gonna be special, but he's cold right now.  Jones is having the best season of his career.  There are certain players that you have to start every week regardless of the match up because they are consistant, like, TO, Steve Smith, Carson Palmer and LJ Smith.  I am happy to say that Waiver Wire Warrior Thomas Jones is now a member of this elite squad.  You can't sit him untill he stops producing.

1089691[/snapback]

Thanks for not making me type this out. I agree.

I own W.Parker and would not start him. The last time the Steelers played a big game like this was against the Chargers. The Bus carried the ball in every meaningful situation whether on the goal line or not. The same will happen this week vs the Bengals.

If Parker has a big day, it will be because of a huge play or two. He will not get the bulk of the carries.

Start T.Jones. The Ravens DST is solid and will be looking to stop the run first. However, the Ravens O is so pitiful, it will create great chances for the Bears O as Wright throws pickle after pickle.

I too am an owner of Parker. He will ride the bench until he can get back up to that 3-4 yds a carry. Jones has been solid this year and should never sit. Baltimore's defense is good, but not great like it once was. If you look at where they rank against the run, I'd say they are average.

djr.

I own W.Parker and would not start him. The last time the Steelers played a big game like this was against the Chargers. The Bus carried the ball in every meaningful situation whether on the goal line or not. The same will happen this week vs the Bengals.

If Parker has a big day, it will be because of a huge play or two. He will not get the bulk of the carries.

Start T.Jones. The Ravens DST is solid and will be looking to stop the run first. However, the Ravens O is so pitiful, it will create great chances for the Bears O as Wright throws pickle after pickle.

1090369[/snapback]

I agree with the majority here and say Jones.I know Parker is tempting but the Bus will probably steal a ton of carries unless Willie comes out on fire and even if that is the case he will not sniff the goal line if the steelers get to the 10 yard line.