[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jamie Martin or Volek

osushanker

My QB's are Bulger and Mcnair. Bulger is down for a couple of weeks, so I picked up Martin for insurance. Now Mcnair is out and Volek will start. Bulger will be back by week 10, which is Tennessees bye.

Should I drop Martin and pick up Volek? I could start him this week against Arizona and whichever Tenn QB is healthy next week against Oakland. I'm afraid if I stick with Martin, he'll suck or get hurt and I won't have a week 8 QB if Mcnair isn't healthy.

I have the same dilemma, although I have both Volek and Martin. I have been keeping Volek on my roster expecting he'd get in eventually, a light it up like he did last year. I think he has a favorable matchup against the Cardinal secondary, but his best receiver is out (Bennett). So from my standpoint its Martin with his receivers mostly healthy playing against a beatable secondary, or Volek, who I like much better, against a beatable secondary with his top option out this week. I thought Martin looked OK against the Colts, given a tremendous pass rush he faced once the game got lopsided. And with a week to study the Saints and prepare, I think he may be OK. Leaning towards Martin for me at this point.......your situation might more sense to take Volek and diversify, so you're covered in Week 8, when TN plays Oakland, then Cleveland, softer defenses I think.

I have the same dilemma, although I have both Volek and Martin.  I have been keeping Volek on my roster expecting he'd get in eventually, a light it up like he did last year.  I think he has a favorable matchup against the Cardinal secondary, but his best receiver is out (Bennett).  So from my standpoint its Martin with his receivers mostly healthy playing against a beatable secondary, or Volek, who I like much better, against a beatable secondary with his top option out this week.  I thought Martin looked OK against the Colts, given a tremendous pass rush he faced once the game got lopsided.  And with a week to study the Saints and prepare, I think he may be OK.  Leaning towards Martin for me at this point.......your situation might more sense to take Volek and diversify, so you're covered in Week 8, when TN plays Oakland, then Cleveland, softer defenses I think.

1090039[/snapback]

no bennett or mason,this won't be the same volek as last year..go martin in a track meet,gl

Edited by joeyd524@msn.com

I have the same choice to make and am still on the fence ... right now, I have Volek in my lineup, but have similar thoughts to those posted by 51Butkus ... also trying to decide who will be scoring more, NOS v STL, or ARZ v TEN ... I'm almost thinking that if ARZ goes with Warner at QB I start Martin, if ARZ goes with McCown, I start Volek, thinking that TEN will need to keep up w/McCown ... and won't have to worry about ARZ getting more than FGs if Warner's at QB, so can run more.