[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

anyone watching saints/rams?

montster

saints are trying to drive for the winning td. pass to ernie conwell, who has the ball on his fingertips and is tackled, falling on his back with the ball in the air. rams defender comes by and plucks the ball from conwell's hands and runs for the td. replays show that conwell had possession and looked to be down. ruling on the field is that conwell never had control, and since the ball didn't hit the ground, it's an interception for a td. time left is 1:55, BUT the rule is that the 2-minute warning has to be announced before it becomes a mandatory booth review. the 2-minute warning wasn't announced, and the saints were out of timeouts, so they couldn't challenge. man, saints are really snake-bitten.

The Saints had their chances to put this game away. Stupid play calling, and a suck hindquarter defense are to blame. Nice win by a STL team with backup QB, and without their #1 and #2 WRs.

Boy, am I glad I adopted the Colts as an alternate team to root for when Peyton turned pro. :D

Edit: [bad personvoice] uh huh huh, it says "hindquarter"...uh huh huh huh [/bad personvoice]

Edit 2: WOW! I can't even put in BU TT HEAD voice? :D "bad person"? :D:D

"I don't like stuff that sucks". :D

Edited by Hitman

I'm not sure they would have overturned the call even if they had been able to review it.  If he did have control of the ball, it was tenuous at best.

1092711[/snapback]

You're out of your f'n mind, wiegie. Conwell had clear possession of the ball and was flat on his back when Furrey took it out of his hands. It wasn't even close.

saints are trying to drive for the winning td.

1092642[/snapback]

That's clearly speculation. Whether or not it was an INT, the RAMS D kept the Saints in check the entire second half. The Saints lost, plain and simple, to a 2nd string QB, the #3,4,5 receivers, and a beat up defense. They had their chances and failed to convert them. The game wasn't lost because of that play.

Edited by twiley

What happened to all the Saints Time Outs? If they'd had one they could've used it to have the play reviewed.

Did the Rams O force the Saints to burn all their Time Outs at the end to get one last possesion for a final shot at an end of the game score?

That's clearly speculation. Whether or not it was an INT, the RAMS D kept the Saints in check the entire second half.  The Saints lost, plain and simple, to a 2nd string QB, the #3,4,5 receivers, and a beat up defense. They had their chances and failed to convert them. The game wasn't lost because of that play.

1092996[/snapback]

While I'll agree that the game wasn't necessarily lost because of that play, nobody can argue that the game didn't end because of that play. Yes, the Saints played poorly in the second half and the game shouldn't have been that close, but that call prevented them from continuing what could have been a game-winning drive.

And nobody who saw the play can argue that it wasn't a bullsh*t call, either. :D

Edited by Big F'n Dave

You're out of your f'n mind, wiegie. Conwell had clear possession of the ball and was flat on his back when Furrey took it out of his hands. It wasn't even close.

1092805[/snapback]

Yeah,what he said! Even I after a few beers would have ruled him down, and no turnover. Saints got hosed!