[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

fantasy v. reality

chonchito

I know I've seen many opinions on this in the past and everyone takes the home team over their fantasy team. I am a Jets fan, but they are bad and an unlikely win tonight is not going to change their season. Of course I'd prefer that they win, but tonight in my H2H I have Dunn against Crumpler and Curtis w/a seven point lead going into the game. If it's the end of the game, Jets down 4 on the goal line, I know who is getting the ball. Will I still root for Curtis if it's the difference btwn a W or L? Can't say that I would.

who cares really...but sometimes I grab a person on my favorite team just so I can have more insentive to root for them

1094835[/snapback]

If you need an "incentive" to root for your favorite team, well, I'm sorry.

:D I think I lost all my FF games yesterday...but with Seattle's win...I can live with that.  :D

1094945[/snapback]

Well, I layed FF eggs all over the place yesterday, but with the Panther's on bye, I enjoyed the day with my Wife and Daughters. FF is for competive fun, as I've won multiple leauges some years, and been on the outside looking in for others. Give me a Panther win any day.....but, make it a blow-out-PLEASE!!!!!!

Well, I layed FF eggs all over the place yesterday, but with the Panther's on bye, I enjoyed the day with my Wife and Daughters. FF is for competive fun, as I've won multiple leauges some years, and been on the outside looking in for others. Give me a Panther win any day.....but, make it a blow-out-PLEASE!!!!!!

1094960[/snapback]

AMEN my brother.

I'm talking about a situation though where you basically have to choose btwn "your" fantasy and the team you grew up rooting for.  only one can win for you.  not where it's a 1:00 game and someone blows up but it's just one player out of a bunch.

1094986[/snapback]

it's always the home team you should root for. You should be willing to sacrifice your next 4 FF games like virgins, just to get your home team a win. But, if they lose, hopefully you'll still win...but ONLY if they lose.

There's a remedy for this.........root for a college team.

Your homer integrity remains intact (being that "your" team played on Saturday) and you can cheer (for or against) any NFL player on any team at any time - and feel good about it :D

:D I think I lost all my FF games yesterday...but with Seattle's win...I can live with that.  :D

1094945[/snapback]

I'm on the other side of the ball on this one. While I would like my FF teams to win this week, the bitterness I feel about the Cowboys imploding (again) in the last couple minutes of that game impacts me to a greater degree.

I'm going against the grain with this. While I always want to see the Colts win, I am by FAR a fan and proponent of my fantasy team first and foremost. If I had to choose between my fantasy team and the Colts winning, it'd hands down be my fantasy team, not even close.

If that makes me less a fan than some others, that's ok by me. I'm a huge fan of football but I have a vested interest and committment to my fantasy team - both financially and time-wise - whereas I have no such committment to the Colts other than enjoying watching them play.

I have never been passionate about any team, but very passionate abour sports in general, both as a fan and participant.