[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

running back dilema

kevfish

Dude, thats a tough call.

I wouldnt drop Johnson, he is productive and if Priest Holmes goes down Johnson becomes a stud RB.

So that leaves Jones and Parker. I like KJ's schedule in the 2nd half, he has some nice matchups. Still, to drop Willie outright would really suck...

Dont you have any options? How about making a trade? :D

Dude, thats a tough call.

I wouldnt drop Johnson, he is productive and if Priest Holmes goes down Johnson becomes a stud RB.

So that leaves Jones and Parker. I like KJ's schedule in the 2nd half, he has some nice matchups. Still, to drop Willie outright would really suck...

Dont you have any options? How about making a trade?  :D

1096196[/snapback]

No chit.

I'd do some kind of round-robin double elimination coin toss between Johnson and Parker and try and trade away the loser.

I don't include Jones because there is no doubt he is his team's #1 RB for the little that is worth.

Sorry, that's the best I can come up with.

I have to dump one of the following running backs. Standard performance scoring league. Who would you dump? K. Jones, Willie Parker, or Larry Johnson? I have to dump one of them because Jones is no longer listed as Questionable. please help!

1096178[/snapback]

I have been asking around about a trade but the problem is that everyone knows that i have to dump one of them- alot of people sitting around their computers waiting for me to dump one of them

Let me reiterate previous advice: make a trade with them. Outright dropping one of these guys is a travesty. Well that's a little dramatic, but you get the picture. Let's take a look at their trade values.

Jones is undervalued at the moment. With the return of Garcia and Schlesinger, he should perform almost to expectations on the back side of the season. You will get no worthwhile players for him at the moment since the only people who see his future value will try to give you the shaft as if you don't.

Willie was huge, then fell asleep on the couch for a while, and then blew up again this week. He may regain some of his value and you should look to move him if anyone is willing to bite.

Johnson is never worth a start unless Holmes goes down. He shows up some weeks, but is simply too erratic to start. Holmes, other than one scare with his arm, has looked quite durable this season. I would try to move Johnson, probably to Holmes' owner.

I have been asking around about a trade but the problem is that everyone knows that i have to dump one of them- alot of people sitting around their computers waiting for me to dump one of them

1096226[/snapback]

One of these guys that's sitting and waiting must have something useful for you that they're willing to give up, and by trading with you they don't have to compete with the other guys.

I was waiting for JAX D to drop last week (their BYE), but decided to offer a WR I didn't need so I was sure I'd get them. He took it.

Man that is a tough one dude. I mean tough. I'd try and trade one away real quick. If know, it pretty much comes down to parker or johnson. Jones has some great matchups coming up (see my post Kevin Jones Onwers). I wish I could help you on this though but it's tough. Flip a coin. Or trade johnson to the priest owners for something.

no one trades much in our league- only one trade all year- something inside tells me not to dump johnson and to dump parker :D:D:D Man this is tough another thing that plays into this is that i have tomlinson and will start him every week. just need one starter to start with him. Just need some reliable points with my 2nd back. Is parker that man and start jones when parkers matchup looks bad? I am in 1st place and dont really need to gamble- but if priest goes down it would sure look good with tomlinson and johnson in my backfield

Edited by kevfish

Ahh yes, the time-tested approach of a coin toss.  :D

1096222[/snapback]

Don't knock the coin toss. You overrate yer own intelligence when you do. :D

kev, I don't have Parker on any of my teams but I've got Holmes on two. I might tell the guy with Homes I'm working on a deal with someone else for Johnson and see if you can get some WR or TE or whatever help you may need. If the Homes owner thinks he won't be able to snag Johnson of of the WW you might get something. That is kind of evil.

Too little to late, but I would have dropped the one that's going to score the least amount of points. :D

I woulda drop KJ.

1096620[/snapback]

no one has picked him up yet --- I could change my mind and make a change- I would be interested in your thoughts here Hugh. To me it looks like Jones has an easir schedule than Johnson does. I just hated dumping Johnson- talk me out of it so I pick him back up

no one has picked him up yet --- I could change my mind and make a change- I would be interested in your thoughts here Hugh. To me it looks like Jones has an easir schedule than Johnson does. I just hated dumping Johnson- talk me out of it so I pick him back up

1096647[/snapback]

Hugh is the advice king but there is no way I'd drop a teams's #1 RB to keep a #2 that will split carries at best barring injury.