[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

panthers homers

nopackerfan

I am going to the game on Sunday and follow the Panthers closely. There is nothing wrong with Delhomme (except that he often likes to throw TD passes to the opposing team). There was some confusion surrounded by a thread the day after the injury implying that he had a shoulder problem. I believe somehow Delhomme got confused with Dan Morgan, who separated his shoulder during the Lions game. I have heard a few interviews with Delhomme, and he said he was initially dazed, but said he was fine shortly thereafter. Also, although Weinke led the final drive, there is absolutely zero QB controversy. The good news for Weinke is that he likely increased his stock, which may lead to a shot at a starting job elsewhere as a few teams are in need. Incidentally, Morgan is going to try to play with a brace on his shoulder. Peppers broke his middle finger, but should play with a cast.

Some Delhomme blurbs from carolinapanthers.com the Wednesday after the Lions game (10/19)

"On how he felt after the Detroit game: I was fine. A little woozy for about five minutes, a little confused. Once we got to the sideline and I sat down, I was able to spit back to the doctor what plays we ran and exactly what had just happened. I was able to recall the plays and stuff like that. For a second there, things moved a little slow.

On if he suffered a concussion: I'm not sure if they're going to consider it that or not. I was fine after the game. I remembered every play. I had an appetite. No headache. It was just a good hit.

On how he feels now: I feel good. I felt good Monday. I felt good Tuesday. No side effects or anything.

On being held out of practice Wednesday: That was just precautionary. A lot of guys were held out. Maybe tomorrow I'll be practicing. It's kind of boring standing around out there."

Regarding Foster (on carolinapanthers.com):

Foster missed last Sunday's victory at Detroit with a bruised knee. Looking ahead at the bye week and the 10 games that followed, the Panthers decided to sit Foster out rather than risk anything.

"I think they just wanted me to rest it," said Foster, who has rushed 41 times for 185 yards this season while catching 12 passes for an additional 188 yards. "After a couple of days it felt good, so it was no big deal. It was just a bruise. I don't know exactly when it happened. I just woke up on Monday (after the Arizona game) and it hurt."

We'll have to see how/if he practices this week.

Regarding Colbert, I have not seen anything regarding injury status.

I hope this helps.

Edited by LLCHILE