[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I traded Randy Moss for Joey Galloway

sfleishm

Your first post on the huddle forums came one click of the mouse too late. You should have sought some advice here first. I think you screwed the pooch on this one.

Bad trade.

I must say the person that either offered this trade or excepted it came out smelling like roses! Moss for Galloway?? OMG!! Did he at least give you a jar of vasoline with that one? J/K

Come here first so these comments don't come "after the trade!"

At this point it's a horrible trade, but if Moss get's injured and is out Galloway is much better than a big fat goose egg. Keep your fingers crossed that this pays off in the long run!

:D you'll get em' back sometime or another...

The league I am in is saying that this was a HUGE mistake.  But, looking at the numbers this season, I think I made the right decision.

Opinions?

1097630[/snapback]

Why did you make this trade?

I just don't understand why someone would make this trade.

:D

all I can say is that I wish I was in that league. :D

Good god. When was the last time Joey Galloway made it through an entire season? EXACTLY. You got suckered, and you will realize it as the weeks go by. Big mistake. You could have gotten a lot more for Randy Moss. This guy who gave you Joey Galloway should have given you an RB along with Galloway. HUGE MISTAKE.

On a completely unrelated note, is there an opening in your league for next year?

I believe that is called "shooting yourself in the foot." then, falling out of the "stupid" tree, hitting every branch on the way down, the tree falling on you, catching on fire, blowing up, a dog coming by and eating your corpse and pooping it out, a new stupid tree growing from that.

But Welcome to the Huddle :D

I can see the reasoning, though Galloway isn't what I would have traded for. Moss was suppose to be hurt, and he is usually out at least 3 weeks when that happens and less effective longer still. The Raiders have no idea how to use him, and at least in my league, he has been putting up pedestrian numbers.

That being said...Galloway?? I hope he catches fire and stays healthy so you can come back and crow at the end of the season. I doubt it, though..;-D

I can see the reasoning, though Galloway isn't what I would have traded for. Moss was suppose to be hurt, and he is usually out at least 3 weeks when that happens and less effective longer still. The Raiders have no idea how to use him, and at least in my league, he has been putting up pedestrian numbers.

That being said...Galloway?? I hope he catches fire and stays healthy so you can come back and crow at the end of the season. I doubt it, though..;-D

1098178[/snapback]

Well in our league scoring system, Galloway is 79 points and moss 84 so it's pretty close "point wise". but that is about it.

Just because someone has a name doesn't mean they are going to live up to it. Galloway is averaging 2 ppg better than R Moss in my league.

On potential, Moss is significantly higher than Galloway. Who knows what the extent of Moss' injury is, or if the Raiders will eventually implode and Randy will give up.

I'm not saying I would have done the deal, but I can't see why anyone would tar and feather this guy in a redraft league. Galloway has been fairly consistant. And I am not sure the loss if the immortal Brian Griese would kill any player's fantasy value. Rattay or Sims will get the job and do fine.

If Galloway stays healthy, people might be eating some crow later in the season.

Just because someone has a name doesn't mean they are going to live up to it.  Galloway is averaging 2 ppg better than R Moss in my league.

On potential, Moss is significantly higher than Galloway.  Who knows what the extent of Moss' injury is, or if the Raiders will eventually implode and Randy will give up.

I'm not saying I would have done the deal, but I can't see why anyone would tar and feather this guy in a redraft league.  Galloway has been fairly consistant.  And I am not sure the loss if the immortal Brian Griese would kill any player's fantasy value.  Rattay or Sims will get the job and do fine.

If Galloway stays healthy, people might be eating some crow later in the season.

1098228[/snapback]

My ass. Moss will bury Galloway's numbers. That's a horrible trade, and it can't be justified or reasoned in any way, shape or form. The person that made that trade got taken advantage of, plain and simple.

My ass. Moss will bury Galloway's numbers. That's a horrible trade, and it can't be justified or reasoned in any way, shape or form. The person that made that trade got taken advantage of, plain and simple.

1098244[/snapback]

:D That's straight from the heart of a man whose only hope in Prime Time is that Moss comes back to life...

:D  That's straight from the heart of a man whose only hope in Prime Time is that Moss comes back to life...

1098292[/snapback]

No, momo, it's a trade you just don't make, and since you're obviously as retarded as the guy who made the trade, I'll spell it out for you:

A trade is not based strictly on current numbers, especially less than 1/2 way through the season. Otherwise arguments could be made that trading Terry Glenn for Terrell Owens is fair. It's the same thing with Moss-Galloway. Trade is based on past performance, potential performance, and current performance. Moss ties one of those categories and blows Galloway away in the other 2.