[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Raider Nation! Porter?!?!?!?!?

dfv87

Took Porter and am really confused is there something going on in Raider land that he is not getting the ball? Now they are getting Gabriel the ball and Moss gets his even injured... Didn't they just give him a bunch of money this off season? What is the skinny?!? :D

I really don't even have an answer for you. Norv Turner, one of the worst head coaches hired since the Giants made Ray Handley Commander in Chief, had to be told to hand the ball of to Jordan more. So who knows what they're thinking, it's upsetting for me as a Raider fan to watch this team under-perform Offensively so much.

Porter was excellent in the slot back in 2002 when Rice and Brown were getting all the attention from the DBs. Ever since then he's either been injured or inconsistent. Sure he had his moments last year, but I have avoided him like the plague over the past couple years in fantasy football because he just doesnt show up every Sunday.

If you ever watch him play, you'll notice he often gives up on the ball when a defender is close. It's like he never gives 100% or that extra effort sometimes needed to get the job done. As of now, he is a perrenial underacheiver. Sure Moss draws double and sometimes triple coverage, but Porter still has trouble getting open at times because he almost jogs through his patterns.

Gabriel on the other hand has more heart. He'll have his share of drops but never because a defender is about to tackle him...more because of inexperience. I suspect with some more playing time Gabriel will surpass Porter in overall production because he seems to just lay it out on the line more often.

Gabriel is a big-play receiver who has potential to be great down the road.

I really don't even have an answer for you. Norv Turner, one of the worst head coaches hired since the Giants made Ray Handley Commander in Chief, had to be told to hand the ball of to Jordan more. So who knows what they're thinking, it's upsetting for me as a Raider fan to watch this team under-perform Offensively so much.

1098564[/snapback]

right up there Richie Kotite

Took Porter and am really confused is there something going on in Raider land that he is not getting the ball? Now they are getting Gabriel the ball and Moss gets his even injured... Didn't they just give him a bunch of money this off season? What is the skinny?!? :D

1098549[/snapback]

I'm sorry, I drafted him this year, in two different leagues. My bad....

No, I was referring to a later one Swerski and I got into about Wayne and Porter. . .

1102638[/snapback]

That should tell you all you need to know.

But yeah, the Porter vs. Burleson thing really has no teeth, unfortunately. Burleson's been injured, and when he's been healthy, he was wildly inconsistent to say the least.

But yeah, the Porter vs. Burleson thing really has no teeth, unfortunately.  Burleson's been injured, and when he's been healthy, he was wildly inconsistent to say the least.

1102656[/snapback]

Not true...Burleson hasn't been at all inconsistent, actually he's been about as consistent as anyone can be. Unfortunately for his owners, he's just been consistently bad when he has played (he has exactly 3 catches in every game and under 50 yards receiving in each).

Porter has also been very consistent. He has between 3 and 5 catches each game, and between 40 and 68 yards in each. He's only been consistently mediocre as opposed to consistently bad, so I guess that makes him the winner by default up to this point. :D

Edited by Skrappy1

I can't understand what's the deal with Porter either. He got off to a slow start last year too then finished strong. He had the one great game against Bailey in the snow at Denver. I think the Raiders are under utiliziing him.