[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

something odd w/ this trade?

LooGie

I'm a comish in my local, and the 2nd place guy has made a trade w/ the 8th place guy in a 9 team league (the second trade in 2 weeks w/ these guys, and they are close friends and work together)

team 2 is giving up J. Plummer (who he grabbed to replace Bulger) and K. Curtis to team 8 for P. Manning and A. Chatman

does this seem fair? here are their teams...

team2/team8

J. Plummer / J. Garcia

T. Holt / A. Randle El

P. Burress / A. Boldin

J. Porter / A. Chatman

L. Tomlinson / D. Davis

S. Jackson / F. Taylor

R. McMichael / B. Troupe

D. Stallworth / P. Manning

M. Bulger / L. Johson

E. Kennison / M. Hasselbeck

J. Jones / M. Anderson

K. Curtis / K. Jones

K. Barlow

the rest are kickers and DEF....I'm not sure about it. The last trade they did was team 2 game SJax to team 8 for K. Jones and F. Taylor. just giving you some history. Thanks everyone.

If I understand this right, there have been 2 trades.

Trade 1 - Team 2 Got Fred T. and K. Jones for DJax. This trade was allowed, correct?

Trade 2 - Team 2 gets Payton and Chatman for Plummer and Curtis?

Two problems here.

1 - If the first trade was allowed, not sure how you can veto the second one and the first one looks even more lopsided.

2 - Between the two trades (if I understand them correctly) there does appear to be something going on.

While I don't like to look at names when considering trades values (you need to look at overall rosters) it does appear that team 1 is dumping hurt and less valued players for those that produce consistently.

While poor judgement is no reason so veto a trade, I would call team 8 to see why they have given up these players for so little in return as it does look fishy. One thing I have learned as Commish is that you need to reach out to the owners before vetoing a trade or going to the league on it. It is just respectful and can save feelings in the end.

I'd quesiton this one.

If I understand this right, there have been 2 trades.

Trade 1 - Team 2 Got Fred T. and K. Jones for DJax.  This trade was allowed, correct?

Trade 2 - Team 2 gets Payton and Chatman for Plummer and Curtis?

Two problems here. 

1 - If the first trade was allowed, not sure how you can veto the second one and the first one looks even more lopsided.

2 - Between the two trades (if I understand them correctly) there  does appear to be something going on. 

1099053[/snapback]

yes, the first trade was allowed, but no, team 2 got S. JACKSON, while team 8 got Fred T. and K. Jones. I was okay w/ this trade, because team 8 got the depth, while team 2 got a nice replacement for Duece...

So, does that change anything?

The 1st trade that you allowed was pretty fishy (S. Jackson for Tayor & KJ).  The current one is fine IMO ( Drops off from peyton to Plummer but gets a starer in Curtis).

1099094[/snapback]

well, i truly believe in if it's not collusion, oh well. you should be smarter. but this is starting to look real fishy, and like i've said, they work together and i've tried making many trades w/ them, and they never even offer counter trades. they just reject it w/ no comments or anything. now, they've made 2 trades and it's starting to shape up that team 8 is dumping stuff to team 2...right? or maybe i'm paranoid.

well, i truly believe in if it's not collusion, oh well. you should be smarter. but this is starting to look real fishy, and like i've said, they work together and i've tried making many trades w/ them, and they never even offer counter trades. they just reject it w/ no comments or anything. now, they've made 2 trades and it's starting to shape up that team 8 is dumping stuff to team 2...right? or maybe i'm paranoid.

1099130[/snapback]

I think you created a problem by allowing the first one which was fishy. This one really is even and you allowed a bad one already so saying no to this one makes you look like an as s.

I think you need to let this go but keep an eye out. I have friends who have tried this ( claiming future considerations) and I told them to cut the crap. I don't know how well you know these guys but maybe a tsk tsk email will suffice.

I think you created a problem by allowing the first one which was fishy.  This one really is even and you allowed a bad one already so saying no to this one makes you look like an as s.

I think you need to let this go but keep an eye out.  I have friends who have tried this ( claiming future considerations) and I told them to cut the crap.  I don't know how well you know these guys but maybe a tsk tsk email will suffice.

1099135[/snapback]

i'm surprised. you really dont think F. Taylor and K. Jones is worth SJax?

edit:

or is you dont think Sjax is worth Fred T. and K. Jones?

Edited by LooGie

i'm surprised. you really dont think F. Taylor and K. Jones is worth SJax?

1099146[/snapback]

No, not a chance. I wouldn't trade staight-up but both is waaaaaay too much.

But I haven't jumped of the KJ bandwagon yet and I like his up coming schedule and he has a real QB now and he has his FB back. Taylor is still good and comparable to S-Jax ( although Martz leaving may change my opinion).

Sidenote- Taylor will have the best numbers of the 3 this week. IMO

No, not a chance.  I wouldn't trade staight-up but both is waaaaaay too much. 

But I haven't jumped of the KJ bandwagon yet and I like his up coming schedule and he has a real QB now and he has his FB back.  Taylor is still good and comparable to S-Jax ( although Martz leaving may change my opinion). 

Sidenote-  Taylor will have the best numbers of the 3 this week. IMO

1099169[/snapback]

thanks for you help Zooty, i put it to league vote, and sent a "tsk tsk" email asking team 8 if he's giving up or something.

Like i said, team 2 had lost Duece and was the leader, so he was trying to get a good starter to fill in, and team 8 needed the depth bad. so i think it was a good trade (for team 8 anyway) based on what they needed. if team 2 is high on SJax, that's on him, and if he explodes then he's a genius. But this one seems much more lopsided to me. But i appreciate the help. :D

I don't have a problem with either trade. Some people are really high on S. Jackson and really down on both Taylor and K. Jones (Jones is killing me personally).

While I personally won't do the 2nd trade, some are completely giving up on Manning. I think Chatman will be as good as Curtis, but you never know. I don't think either is lopsided enough to veto.

just an update for you guys. i talked to team 8, and he said

well (LooGie) i am a big plummer fan and manning has really had a bad year other than that 1 great game 2 weeks ago. and (Team 2 Owner) wanted chatman so there ya go. and no i am not giving up on the season. i still got 10 weeks to go, to move up and take first place away from you lol.

so now it all makes sense. he's actually a spider monkey with brain damage throwing his feces at the keyboard and accidentally initiating lopsided trades, and then, apparently, responding to my email in quite a coherant manner.

Cuz that makes a lot more sense than anyone being a f*cking plummer fan. :D