[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

ROTO HOOPS

Balzac

Did my roto hoops draft the other night and am having a hard time guaging the strengths/weaknesses of my squad. If anyone's interested, let's post a few rosters here and get some useful commentary. Here's my current team:

10 team league - standard 8 cats:

PG: Hinrich

SG: Joe Johnson

G: Redd

SF: KG

PF: T. Chandler

F: Peja

C: Dalembert

Util: Artest

Util: J. Williams

Util: Deron Williams

Bench: Krstic, Toine, DMiles, Diogu, Battier

I think my team is pretty strong - the intent is to cycle the last 2 required utility spots between the Williamses (assists, steals) and Krstic and Diogu (boards and maybe some blocks). Toine is a true wildcard here - anxious to see what his role is on MIA.

Post yours and we'll try to get some chatter going.

Team #1 (10-team Yahoo H2H):

PG - Arenas (Love his all-around game and scoring from PG)

SG - Redd (Sick PPG, 3s, FT%)

G - B. Davis (Gonna be solid in Golden State, steals galore)

SF - Marion (Even better w/ Stoudemire out)

PF - Howard (This guy's a stud, nightly double-double)

F - Murphy (Rebounding machine)

C - Bogut (Doh, I have Magliore too. At least one of them will excel)

Util - Wells (This guy will find his points on the Kings)

Bench - White Chocolate (May average 7 assists on the Heat), Paul (PG and SG eligible, will get great steal, assist and FT% numbers), Magliore (See Bogut, above), Childress (Great all-around game), K. Brown (Has lookd good in preseason as #3 option for the Lakers) and Raja Bell (Nice sleeper with Johnson and Q gone)

--------------------------

Team #2 (10-team ESPN H2H):

PG - Arenas (See above. Yeah, I like the guy's game.)

SG - Wade (Uh, stud.)

SF - Peja (Threes, points, FT%)

PF - Walker (Guess I have more confidence in him than some. I think he'll score between 14-18 points, 2 3's, 5-6 boards. Solid for PF.)

C - Brad Miller (Quite possibly the most underrated fantasy hoopster.)

G - Maggette (Another underrated guy. 22 points, nice %'s, 6 boards. Clippers will continue to improve.)

F - S. Jackson (Yet another underrated guy. Will put up solid numbers if the rookie Granger doesn't cut into his time too much.)

Util - Parker (For the assists and points from my 2nd PG.)

Util - Deron Williams (Is gonna average 7+ assists for the Jazz)

Util - Mason (Recent trade ups his value as scorer for Hornets.)

Bench - Diogu (Will get nice block #s and FG%), Butler (Could be Larry Hughes-esque. Why not?) and Livington (In my IR spot, could be solid for the Clips.).

Pg Francis

SG Raja Bell

G Jason Terry

SF Lebron

PF Gooden

F Garnett

C Camby

C Haywood

C L. Wright

Util D Jones

Util Alston

BN Q. Richardson

IS that a good team??

1100395[/snapback]

You can pretty much write off assists, althought James and KG will both average decent assist numbers for their resepctive positions. 12-team league? Or wait, uh, how did you get LBJ and KG?

You can pretty much write off assists, althought James and KG will both average decent assist numbers for their resepctive positions.  12-team league?  Or wait, uh, how did you get LBJ and KG?

1100458[/snapback]

What kind of crackhead league are you in where you (1) can get the top 2 draft picks and (2) have to start 3 centers?

I'm not crazy about the rest of your team, but LJ and KG alone should keep you more than competitive. I assume you traded away some of your early round picks in order to get one of those two?

C - Bogut (Doh, I have Magliore too.  At least one of them will excel)

Bench - White Chocolate (May average 7 assists on the Heat), Paul (PG and SG eligible, will get great steal, assist and FT% numbers), Magliore (See Bogut, above), Childress (Great all-around game), K. Brown (Has lookd good in preseason as #3 option for the Lakers) and Raja Bell (Nice sleeper with Johnson and Q gone)

--------------------------

Team #2 (10-team ESPN H2H):

PG - Arenas (See above.  Yeah, I like the guy's game.)

SG - Wade (Uh, stud.)

SF - Peja (Threes, points, FT%)

PF - Walker (Guess I have more confidence in him than some.  I think he'll score between 14-18 points, 2 3's, 5-6 boards. Solid for PF.)

C - Brad Miller (Quite possibly the most underrated fantasy hoopster.)

G - Maggette (Another underrated guy.  22 points, nice %'s, 6 boards.  Clippers will continue to improve.)

F - S. Jackson (Yet another underrated guy.  Will put up solid numbers if the rookie Granger doesn't cut into his time too much.)

Util - Parker (For the assists and points from my 2nd PG.)

Util - Deron Williams (Is gonna average 7+ assists for the Jazz)

Util - Mason (Recent trade ups his value as scorer for Hornets.)

Bench - Diogu (Will get nice block #s and FG%), Butler (Could be Larry Hughes-esque.  Why not?) and Livington (In my IR spot, could be solid for the Clips.).

1099952[/snapback]

I don't know much about H2H leagues, but I'm thinking you'll be starting Magliore and Paul over Bogut and Wells in your Yahoo league before too long.

You look a little light in the power cats in your ESPN league - actually, a LOT light. I'd look into moving one of your PGs for a rebounder/shot blocker if I were you.

Just drafted another team right now and am not digging it so much.

C - Bogut (Doh, I have Magliore too.  At least one of them will excel)

1099952[/snapback]

I think your Yahoo team sucks. I check'd out your league, I see much better rosters out there, mainly a Detroit BBall team.

JMHO.

I got LeBron at #2 and traded Shaq and Antoine Walker for KG. I should blow this league away as I have no major weakness while having substantial strength in rebounding, blocks, and 3's. I think I will contend for the assists title as well starting 3 pgs along with Lebron and KG

I got LeBron at #2 and traded Shaq and Antoine Walker for KG. I should blow this league away as I have no major weakness while having substantial strength in rebounding, blocks, and 3's. I think I will contend for the assists title as well starting 3 pgs along with Lebron and KG

1103103[/snapback]

Shaq and Antoine for KG??? Whoever had KG should be shot. In the face.

I am not digging Dalembert's leg injury - I am expecting a lot from that dopey bastid this year. That said, Krstic has been looking good - he should be a fine replacement until Sammy gets healthy.

PG: Stephon Marbury, NY

SG: Kobe Bryant, LAL

G: Joe Johnson, ATL

SF: Carmelo Anthony, DEN

PF: Jermaine O'Neal, IND

F: Carlos Boozer, UTA

C: Mehmet Okur, UTA

Util: Tyson Chandler, CHI

Bench: Drew Gooden, PF (CLE); Eddy Curry, C (NYK); Shaun Livingston, PG (LAC); Sam Cassell, PG (LAC); Matt Harpring, G/F (UTA); Jim Jackson, G/F (PHO)

PG: Stephon Marbury, NY

SG: Kobe Bryant, LAL

G: Joe Johnson, ATL

SF: Carmelo Anthony, DEN

PF: Jermaine O'Neal, IND

F: Carlos Boozer, UTA

C: Mehmet Okur, UTA

Util: Tyson Chandler, CHI

Bench: Drew Gooden, PF (CLE); Eddy Curry, C (NYK); Shaun Livingston, PG (LAC); Sam Cassell, PG (LAC); Matt Harpring, G/F (UTA); Jim Jackson, G/F (PHO)

1107388[/snapback]

What size league? Looks like a pretty good squad for a 10-teamer. Not a lot of required starters - odd format.

What size league?  Looks like a pretty good squad for a 10-teamer.  Not a lot of required starters - odd format.

1107548[/snapback]

10 Team H2H with Darin3 above....Huddle Hoops

I added James Jones ,R.Felton and Villanueva and dropped Harpring/Jackson and IR Livingston

..........and thanks, this was my first Hoops Draft was hoping not to look like the new "dumb" guy best i could. :D

Edited by theeohiostate

10 Team H2H with Darin3 above....Huddle Hoops

I added James Jones ,R.Felton and Villanueva and dropped Harpring/Jackson and IR Livingston

..........and thanks, this was my first Hoops Draft was hoping not to look like the new "dumb" guy best i could.  :D

1107575[/snapback]

Nice moves - Jones should be pretty sick this year (a 3s machine) and Villanueva will log tons of minutes (fantasy gold).

Nice moves - Jones should be pretty sick this year (a 3s machine) and Villanueva will log tons of minutes (fantasy gold).

1107804[/snapback]

People are underrating Raja Bell. Far superior to Jones defensively and can knock down the long ball. No Q, no JJ. Bell is going to log serious minutes. I wouldn't be shocked to see Bell average 12 points, 4 assists, 4 boards, a steal and 1.5 3pt per game. With solid averages, say .450 from FG and .800 from the line.

Villanueva is going to struggle offensively. Heck, the guy couldn't score in the weak Big East last year. Bosh will eat up most of the fantasy stats for the Raptors. Plug in 11 points, 6.5 boards, a steal and block for the man with no eyebrows. Figure on .475 from the field and .725 from the line.

12 team Yahoo H2H

PG M. Bibby

SG M. Finley

SF K. Garnett

PF J. Smith

F J. Howard

C M. Camby

C A. Bogut

Util K. Hinrich

Util J. Dixon

BN R. Allen

BN U. Haslem

BN D. Miles

Adjusted for today's starters. :D

People are underrating Raja Bell.  Far superior to Jones defensively and can knock down the long ball.  No Q, no JJ.  Bell is going to log serious minutes.  I wouldn't be shocked to see Bell average 12 points, 4 assists, 4 boards, a steal and 1.5 3pt per game.  With solid averages, say .450 from FG and .800 from the line. 

Villanueva is going to struggle offensively.  Heck, the guy couldn't score in the weak Big East last year.  Bosh will eat up most of the fantasy stats for the Raptors.  Plug in 11 points, 6.5 boards, a steal and block for the man with no eyebrows.  Figure on .475 from the field and .725 from the line.

1113559[/snapback]

I watched Raja several times last year and he didn't impress me - enormously inconsitent. I prefer Jones b/c of his superior rebounding ability. He should also be grabbing nearly a steal and a block per game.

I like the browless one to mop up on the glass - I'm seeing closer to 8 bounds per game from him. Add that to 10-12 pts (could be slightly higher), a block, a steal and very solid %s for a big man (not to mention that he's been sticking 3s quite a bit in the preseason) and I think he'll be a serviceable roto starter. Not great, but the number of minutes he'll log should give him value.

Edited by Balzac

this is a roto league with the basic 8 cats

do u like my team?

G Iverson, Allen (G,6th)

G Marbury, Stephon (G,6th)

G Maggette, Corey (G,6th)

G Hinrich, Kirk (G,6th)

F Brown, P.J. (F,C,6th) 0 0 .000 .000

F Richardson, Quentin (G,F,6th)

6th F Bench F Dunleavy, Mike (F,6th)

6th F Bench F Wallace, Gerald (F,6th)

6th C Bench C O'Neal, Shaquille (C,6th)

6th C Bench C Przybilla, Joel (C,6th)

6th C Bench 6th Camby, Marcus (C,6th)

6th C Bench 6th Kaman, Chris (C,6th)

F 6th Bench Bn Williams, Marvin (F,6th)

G 6th Bench Bn Williams, Deron

• 3 weeks later...

I've been offered Terry and Gooden for Joe Johnson. I'm seriously hurting for boards and blocks in this league (i.e. I need Gooden) and I'm doing very well in 3s and points. I don't see Terry as being that far behind JJ in value - am I crazy to pass this up?