[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

HOLT

soopanuts

From Fanball:

October 26, 2005 9:22 PM ET

Rams:  Holt starts the week as doubtful

The News

Rams wideout Torry Holt didn't practice on Wednesday and is listed as doubtful on the injury report for Sunday's game against the Jaguars, reports the team's website. Holt suffered the injury in week five and played in week six before sitting out last week.

Our View

Holt's knee has seemingly worsened since he injured it as opposed to getting better. His status for this week is very iffy and fantasy owners need to make sure they have a backup plan ready in case he is unable to go again.

Edited by soopanuts

From KFFL:

Rams | Holt Misses Practice, Doubtful for Week 8

Wed, 26 Oct 2005 15:11:13 -0700

St. Louis Rams WR Torry Holt (knee) missed practice Wednesday, Oct. 26 and is listed as doubtful for Week 8. Holt is not expected to play this week.

i heard through other ffb circles that holt is done for the year and will need surgery, nothing official yet, just a heads up

1100406[/snapback]

from Stats, Inc.

Oct 26 Prior to the Rams' practice on Wednesday, Holt reported some improvement in his ailing knee, but he did not work out with the team and currently is listed as doubtful for Sunday's matchup with the Jacksonville Jaguars. The receiver, who is nursing a bruise and strained posterior cruciate ligament, was unable to play last weekend and isn't expected to go this Sunday either.

Advice: With a bye looming next week, the Rams likely will choose to keep Holt on the sidelines at least until they resume play in Week 10. With fellow starter Isaac Bruce out as well, Kevin Curtis and Shaun McDonald will continue to fill the voids in the lineup for St. Louis. In six games this season, Holt has 44 catches for 638 yards and four touchdowns.

i heard through other ffb circles that holt is done for the year and will need surgery, nothing official yet, just a heads up

1100406[/snapback]

I hope that that was just a little ruse to strike fear into the Holt owner...

I've been known to say things like that to the LT owner....:D

They should sit him until after the bye, IMO. Then he and Bulger can come back strong :prayingprayingpraying:

1100359[/snapback]

I agree Even though losing Holt and Cadillac for a month(then)is bad, I want them for the playoff run.

I hope that that was just a little ruse to strike fear into the Holt owner...

I've been known to say things like that to the LT owner....:D

1100418[/snapback]

Was that like Atomic talking up Boller before the draft? "He's going to have a breakout year"? :D

1100406[/snapback]

Earlier this week, a post on the general board on pigskinaddiction.com mentioned "hearing about a guy who met Marshall Faulk at a charity event and that Faulk indicated that Holt needs surgery and is done for the year". No link, backup or mention of this anywhere else that I've seen.

Sounds like someone blowing smoke (I hope)... Wait & watch to be sure.

Suddenly my WR corps of Holt, Harrison, Antonio Bryant and Brandon Jones doesn't look so good!  :D

1100396[/snapback]

I thought my trio of R. Moss, Holt, and Ward was gonna be unstoppable. :D

Earlier this week, a post on the general board on pigskinaddiction.com mentioned "hearing about a guy who met Marshall Faulk at a charity event and that Faulk indicated that Holt needs surgery and is done for the year".  No link, backup or mention of this anywhere else that I've seen. 

Sounds like someone blowing smoke (I hope)...  Wait & watch to be sure.

1101081[/snapback]

Right. :D Why would Faulk share that info with someone he just met? :D Sounds extremely :D

My brother's co-worker's ex-girlfriend's best friend is a restaurant manager in StL. She saw Holt at dinner the other night. While looking up the menu, he mentioned to her his injury was much worse than he had thought initially, and that it sometimes made him cry.

My brother's co-worker's ex-girlfriend's best friend is a restaurant manager in StL. She saw Holt at dinner the other night. While looking up the menu, he mentioned to her his injury was much worse than he had thought initially, and that it sometimes made him cry.

1101481[/snapback]

I wonder if it would be against the rules to trade him while hurt :D