[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So, what is your top 5 now?

The Irish Doggy

I imagine most will have the 7-0 Colts at #1, but I was looking at things, and I'm not so sure... There's quite a few teams I could make an argument for in the top 5-10 though. Here's mine.

1. Denver Broncos (6-2): They can't be beaten at home, and the resume of teams is a top 10 laundry list. Their schedule is clearly more impressive than Indianapolis which is why I'm ranking them higher right now. The only knock I can find against them is that they've had 5 home games where they are 5-0. On the road, they are 1-2. It will be interesting to see how the rest of the season shakes out with only 3 home games left.

2. Indianapolis (7-0): If people are going to knock the Bengals for strength of schedule, the Colts deserve it too. They've beaten one team with a winning record. Now, don't get me wrong, 7-0 says a lot about a team. They are a total package. Should they end up with home field throughout the playoffs, they'll be playing in Detroit. I think we're all interested to see what happens next MNF.

3. Pittsburgh (5-2): With a healthy offense, they are as tough as ever. One win and a Bengal loss away from taking over the North.

4. Atlanta (5-2): With a healthy Vick, they just win. No, I don't like to watch him play his version of "QB" very much, but the results speak for themselves. One of those losses was with Schaub in the game. Healthy Vick = intimidated opponent.

5. Cincinnati (6-2): Yes, the wins come against less than stellar opponents, but if Cincy were middle of the pack, they would have lost one or more of those games. Good teams beat bad teams. This is a team that is learning what it means to play in and win a big game.

Edited by The Irish Doggy

Irish Doggy has pretty much the worst top 5 ever made...

1117273[/snapback]

Avernus..You havent mixed in some new avatars this year.What happened?

1. Indy -- No way you can put Denver ahead of them until Denver goes there and wins.

2. Denver -- They are different this year. Can they keep it up? :D

3. NYG -- On a roll.

4. Pittsburgh -- They had no fire at home on Monday Night. How is that possible?

5. San Diego -- They'd be higher without Marty and the Gates fiasco in game one.

Avernus..You havent mixed in some new avatars this year.What happened?

1117281[/snapback]

I got lazy ::D

I've thought about it, though....

I've also lost access to my avatars....but haven't really been looking..

I'm going to take a backseat and let someone else shine..

1. Indy -- No way you can put Denver ahead of them until Denver goes there and wins.

2. Denver -- They are different this year.  Can they keep it up?  :D

3. NYG -- On a roll.

4. Pittsburgh -- They had no fire at home on Monday Night.  How is that possible?

5. San Diego -- They'd be higher without Marty and the Gates fiasco in game one.

1117282[/snapback]

I think the Ravens just came out fired up...

1. Colts (7-0) - Sure, they've had a relatively easy schedule, but are playing very solid defense and are running the ball at will (two things they couldn't do last season). The real test comes on Monday... and I think they'll (finally) win there.

2. Broncos (6-2) - Who would've thought that Courtney Brown and Gerrard Warren would be the comeback stories of 2005? Combine throse two with a healthy Trevor Pryce and nobody runs on them. Conversely, they can run the ball down the throats of just about any defense. They'll win the AFC West.

3. Steelers (5-2) - Offensively similar to Denver, but not quite as effective on the ground and even less effective through the air. Defense is solid as always.

4. Patriots (4-3) - Certainly not the fourth best record in the league, but they've had a brutal schedule. The defense has given it up like a $10 hooker at times, but the return of Bruschi should help somewhat. On the flip side, Brady has been playing as well as ever and they're finally starting to run the ball. And they're still the best-coached team in the NFL.

5. Falcons (5-2) - Still running the ball very effectively, but the defense isn't what it was last year and Vick still can't throw to his receivers. He'll become a liability in the playoffs. It'll be interesting to see how they match up to the NFC East teams representing in January.

1. Indianapolis - Undefeated. They haven't won any real impressive games yet,

but there chance is coming with NE, PIT, & SD upcoming. I

don't completely agree with the statement that they are a lock

if home throughout. They have been pushed at home this year.

2. Pittsburgh - Solid running game, tough defense, and an improving passing

game. Tough game Monday night, but it was a division rival,

and good teams win those games.

3. Denver - This is the first time I would put them in my top 5. I now am starting

to believe. They have a good defense, a strong running game, and

Jake Plummer seems to be limiting his mistakes.

4. Carolina - They were my Super Bowl Pick out of the NFC, and I still think

they are the best team in the NFC. If they ever decide to make

full use of DeShaun Foster, they will be even better.

5. Atlanta - Solid running game and good defense. Vick isn't typical and isn't

a consistent threat through the air, but his athleticism makes

him continue to be a winner.

6. Cincinatti

7. N.Y. Giants

8. San Diego

9. New England

10. Dallas

1.Indy-how can you not put them here. 7-0 Edge +Harrison +Payton.

2.Denver- Running game and defense but Jake tends to fall apart in the second half of seasons so we will see.

3.Pittsburgh- if big ben stays healty they are tough.

4. Dallas- the D has stopped three of the most high powered offenses in the league and is ready to make a solid run with JJ and MB. Bledsoe is doing an outstanding job save the fumbles and that pick.

5. San Diego- Cincy or New England or Atlanta all could be here but San Diego in spite of Marty's dumb$ss play calling is my pick here.

Edited by Cowboyz1

1. Colts...Right now it is impossible to not put them number 1. I don't expect them to stay here though but should stay around the top 3 all year.

2. Steelers..I do not look into the close game with the Ravens as being a bad game. I just think the ravens played like they can if they can keep their heads from unraveling.

3. Broncos...this team looks to have the potential to rise to the top of this list. I still need to see a few things though.

4.Patriots...not ready to call them done yet. they have been to good over the last few years and have survived a pretty tough schedule . with Bill at coach I would not be suprised to see them go on a run. this Colt game will tell us everything we need to know this week IMO.

5. Panthers...this is 1 of those teams that never looks impressive but wins. they remind me of the Carolina team that made the run to the superbowl a few years back.

1 - colts, pretty much a no-brainer as they're 7-0

2 - broncos, clicking pretty well on both sides but still have room to get better. pretty much dominated both super bowl teams from last year at home, but 5 of 8 in the second half are on the road :D

3 - pittsburgh, solid all-around team, similar to denver in many ways.

4 - atlanta, with vick, an even more formidable rushing offense than the broncos and steelers. if vick stays healthy i see these guys in the super bowl.

5 - carolina, if atlanta falters....

Edited by Azazello1313

Lots of homer picks in this thread.

1117407[/snapback]

Thats why I posted top 5 worst teams....gooooo 9ers! :D

Edited by Pancake