Sign in to follow this  
melrich

Portis' Socks

Waiting to hear that Portis will be fined for not wearing the same socks as his teammates. The NFL doesn't like individuality. They only put up with it when it helps promote the league. It's oK to act like an a*shole when you score a TD but you can't wear different socks

He's done this different sock thingy for a coupla' seasons now. The NFL tells him how much the fine is and he pays it.

Some kind of superstitious mumbo jumbo with him.

Like Stink peeing in his pants during the games, but refusing to have them laundered. He didn't get the nickname "Stink" for nothing dontcha' know.

Or that B Sox hitter Wade Boggs and his daily ritual of having chicken before each & every game.

Portis just happens to have a sock hang up. :D

Edited by Big Score 1

Jeez - Even TO had the decency to wear the same socks as the rest of the team.

Bring back TO, suspend Portis!!!

Fashion police. :D

And you noticed that? :D

The NFL is all about the UNIFORM dude.

They don't want no indidualism. No taking off the helmet and showing the mug.

S'why Polamalu wears the dreds hanging out the back.

If he wears them because once apon a time he had a good ( heck even a decent) game while wearing different socks, It's time for a new superstition, don't you think?? The socks just ain't gettin-r-done! :D

So Portis wears different color socks every week because of superstition? seems like a lot of his paycheck is going to waste...

1130810[/snapback]

No chit, I remember, last season, he got fined $5,000 once and then the next week, I believe, he paid a $10,000 fine for doing it again. I can't imagine getting that much money in one week.

No chit, I remember, last season, he got fined $5,000 once and then the next week, I believe, he paid a $10,000 fine for doing it again. I can't imagine getting that much money in one week.

1131093[/snapback]

those are some expensive socks

can't he just wear them under the team colored socks?....he can keep his ineffective superstition intact and still not have to pay for wearing them

So Portis wears different color socks every week because of superstition? seems like a lot of his paycheck is going to waste...

1130810[/snapback]

Not according to him.