[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Konerko back with the White Sox...

TheCMB

most excellent.  i'm a big paulie fan and am d a m n glad he's back.  heart and soul of the lineup.  i feel indifferent about the rowand for thome deal.  he's been declining for a while now and has injury problems.  i don't think it affects the team much either way.

1182782[/snapback]

I don't follow baseball that closely other than the home team - but looking at stats it looks like Thome just had injury problems last year. Played 143 games at 1B in 2004, batting .274 with 42 HR's and 105 RBI's. Previous 5 years all similar.

Playing DH, with the lineup the Sox can put around him, I think there's a good chance he stays healthy and puts up huge numbers again...

This is good news for Konerko and the White Sox. Thome made it a point to call him and reach out. This has the chance to be a big lineup, especially if they keep Dye in the 3 hole next year.

Rumors are they really want to go after Juan Pierre and put him in the 2 hole, moving Iguchi to the 6th spot.

Lineup would be:

Pods

Pierre

Dye

Konerko

Thome

Iguchi

AJ

Crede

Uribe

Without a pickup like Pierre, they have 3 outfielders that they all think have a higher ceiling then Rowand did. To get Pierre, they'll have to give up a starter, and maybe dump a lefty. I've heard Florida really wants Cotts, but might settle on Marte if they give them someone like Contreras.

reprint the world series tickets we are going back.

1184088[/snapback]

With the moves Williams is making right now we may very well be going back in a dominant fashion. They still have a ton of money to spend without coming close to the big shot spenders like the Yankees

• 2 weeks later...
It's just nice to see a team build a winner without outspending everyone else to do it.

1193148[/snapback]

Mr. Johnson is a Yankees fan who thinks that the his team's $200 million payroll hasn't given them any advantage over other teams. Not that he's biased or anything. :D

Edited by Bill Swerski