Pope Flick

Are your playoffs set?

How many teams have locked playoff spots in your league?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. How many teams have locked playoff spots in your league?

• 12 Team League - 1 of 4
    • 12 Team League - 2 of 4
    • 12 Team League - 3 of 4
    • 12 Team League - 4 of 4
    • 12 Team League - More than 4 spots, write in below.
    • 14 Team League - 1 of 6
    • 14 Team League - 2 of 6
    • 14 Team League - 3 of 6
    • 14 Team League - 4 of 6
    • 14 Team League - 5 of 6
    • 14 Team League - 6 of 6
    • Other numbers, see below

There have been several "Our playoff teams are locked, I want to throw a game for a better seed" threads.

I am curious if injuries this year, being worse than usual, have created smaller or no playoff races going into the last 2 weeks of the year. Our league locked up everything last week, for the first time in 9 seasons. Usually goes down to the final weekend.

Wondering how many more had the same thing happen to them.

16 team league. Playoffs start this week. The entire bracket was up for grabs last week. Major parody in our league this season. We had an auction draft.

Bundy Leage - 12 team leage, 6 total playoff spots. 4 are locked (all division winners), 2 wildcards still open with 3 teams fighting for them, this is the last week of the regular season. I'm locked in as the #1 seed, but the rest of the seeds are still up for grabs.

Koolkids league - 10 team league, 6 total playoff spots. 5 are locked, with 3 teams fighting for the last spot, this is also the last week of the regular season there, and I'm one of the 3 trying to get into the playoffs.

the League I Commish is 10 Teams. All the Seeds are not set yet and it typically shakes down to the last week of the Season for all Teams to be finalized.

10 team league, 2 out of 4 are set with 2 weeks remaining. The last 2 wont be determined until the last week.

14 team league and there are 13 teams still vying for playoffs.

Another bad part about our league that has always been voted down is we don't start the playoffs until week 15 and week 17 is the Championship. :D

Here are the records.

7-5

7-5

6-5-1

6-5-1

6-5-1

6-6

6-6

6-6

6-6

6-6

6-6

5-6-1

5-7

4-8

I've never seen it so crazy in this league before. We will be implementing decimal scoring next year to stop the ties, as it was brought up at the draft, but it passed only to be implemented for next year.

I'm surprised this league doesn't do scoring on sheetrock still.

2 of 6 in one 12 team league.

2 of 4 in a different 12 team league.

seeding not established yet.

10 team league - 1 of 6 is a lock

10 team league - 2 of 4 is a lock [three people fighting for the last two spots in the same division] - I'm sitting one spot out of the playoffs, down by one game to the two guys tied for first. I'm second in scoring points, last in MOST points scored against. The two guys in front of me are, you guessed it....ranked #1 and #2 in LEAST points scored against them, throw in the luck of the schedule. I need to win and one of them to lose and I'm in as I have tie breaker over both of them. If them both lose, I win the division on tie breaker. [they both have lost their last two weeks, I have won the last two weeks. This is the craziest season I've ever participated in]

League 1 - 12 teams -- We have six teams make the playoffs, three division winners and three wildcards. Playoffs start in Week 14 and finish in Week 16. Four of six teams are set. Seedings still up for grabs, though.

League 2 - 12 teams -- Same playoff format as League 1. Four of six teams are set. Seedings still up for grabs.

League 3 - 12 teams -- Same playoff format as League 1 and 2. Only two teams have clinched playoff spots. Five teams are 7-5, so it will go down to this weekend.

League 4 - 12 teams -- Top four teams make the playoffs, three division winners and one wildcard. It is pretty clear who the four teams are, but the seedings are up for grabs. Playoff starts in Week 14.

League 5 - 12 teams -- Top four teams make the playoffs, but six teams still have a shot. Playoff starts in Week 14.

League 6 - 12 teams -- Top four teams make the playoffs. Seven teams are 7-5. Really weird. :D Playoff starts in Week 14.

6 team league, 2 places set, 6 teams fighting for the last 4 spots and a tiebreaker will definitely be needed.

Local 10 team redraft league. Two divisions of 5 teams each.

6 teams go to the playoffs which start in week 14.

3 teams are guaranteed to be in the playoffs.

1 division winner guaranteed.

In my yahoo league, it's 12 teams and 4 playoff positions. Only 1 team has officially been eliminated. Two weeks left and 11 teams still have a chance, some better then others. We have a high amount of parity in our league. All the top teams are in one division, all the bottom teams are in another. And everyone in the middle is in the last division. This weekend might nock one or two more out, but it's going to be a race to the playoffs and a lot of tie-breaking decisions.

In my Stats league, we have another 5 weeks of games before our playoffs (our playoffs correspond to the real ones). It's anyone's chance still. 1 team is 8-4, 3 teams 7-5, 4 teams 6-6, 3 teams 5-7, and 1 team 8-4. Real nice bell curve.

2 different leagues

12 team league, only 1 team is in yet at 9-3, 4 teams are at 8-4 and 2 at 7-5. Six teams make it so none of the 8-4 teams are guaranteed a spot yet. None of the seedings are set yet either. This is the worst it's been in the last 5 years in this one. Usually the last few spots come down to the last week, but I don't remember any time that only one team had clinched before the last week.

10 team league. Top seed wrapped up at 10-2 (that's me), 4 others clinched, and one spot still open.

Local is 12 team, 8 playoff spots, 3 clinched (all the division leaders: 10-2, 11-1, 9-3 me) the other 5 are up for grabs between 7 other teams, only 2 teams set for the toilet bowl.

Dallas - 10 team performance league - 7 teams vying for 6 spots...3 teams fighting for the last two spots,

Austin - 8 team auction league (yeah, we lost a couple when we changed to auction format this past year...we'll get two more for next year) - 3 already in...4 teams fighting for the last 3 spots.

Dallas - 10 team performance league - 7 teams vying for 6 spots...3 teams fighting for the last two spots,

Austin - 8 team auction league (yeah, we lost a couple when we changed to auction format this past year...we'll get two more for next year) - 3 already in...4 teams fighting for the last 3 spots.

1189395[/snapback]

6/10 and 6/8 make the playoffs. What is this, Fantasy Hockey? :D

Pope, I owe you some cash please give me address and phone # and I'll get you paid asap. Clayton goes down!!

16 team league.  Playoffs start this week.  The entire bracket was up for grabs last week.  Major parody in our league this season.  We had an auction draft.

1186996[/snapback]

Same here. 16 team auction draft. Very even league from top to bottom.

6 team league, 2 places set, 6 teams fighting for the last 4 spots and a tiebreaker will definitely be needed.

1188702[/snapback]

[scratcheshead] :D[/scratcheshead]