[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Free Advice

rew70

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

playoffs start this weekend. Lost bulger for the season but picked up Fitzpatrick.

should i hang with him or pick tuiasospo and take my chances wth him. i could stick with Fitz abd try a grab Koren Robinson at WR to replace either Randy Moss or Jevervius. D Jackson might be back this week with a good match up @ San Fran. Too risky to play him? dont ask me how i even made it to 8-5.

pick 2

curtis vs raiders

ronnie brown @ chargers

jurevicius vs niners

pick 2

drew bennett vs texans

koren robinson vs rams

antonio gates vs dolphins

lee evans vs Pats

pick 2

julius jones vs KC

sam gado vs detroit

c. dillon @ buffalo

pick 1

heath miller vs bears

ben troupe vs texans

pick 1

indy D @ jacksonville

cincy D vs browns

1199613[/snapback]

Ok, lets' get busy. First off I would go with:

Curtis - Raiders have a soft Defense and I don't like Brown against SD who has a good run defense. Next I say JJ due to matchup alone. even if DJax comes back, JJ is a big target down by the GL and Hass looks his way first. Remember on MNF he got the first crack at the TD and couldn't get his feet in bounds. So Hass went o a wide open engram for his first of the year. JJ still has better potential to score. SF is bloody awful on the road. Seattle will smoke them.

Next I say Bennett and KRob. I'm one of the few who think KRob is developing something worth noting with Johnson. Of course I could be wrong, but I could be right, too. He's just performing at a good level right now and with STL coming to town in the dome, he should have another nice game. Bennett is a great start this week against the Texans who can't stop anyone. The Titans are no powerhouse so they will throw and run and Bennett should definitley see his share of passes. It's not that I don't like Gates or Evans this week, I just like these 2 better with the matchups they have.

Next I say Jones and Gado. Buffalo has a decnt run defense so Dillon may find it tougher than the other 2. Gado should be able to find some room against the Lions. So then I would choose J. Jones as KC gives up plenty of yards and he should be able to benefit from that. Just hope that Barber doesn't hawk but so much from him. But he should be very productive against KC.

For your TE, I like Troupe this week for many of the same reasons as I like Bennett. In this system, McNair leans on his TEs to make plays and Troupe had a nice game last week with 5 for 67. Kinney is hurt and that opens the door even wider for troupe to make some plays. Killer is facing Chicago's defense. Why mess with that?

And finally I like both of these defenses but give the edge to indy. this team is special and they are proving they can play any style of ball on any week. while Cincy is playing better and their future will rely in big part on their defense. they haven't proven week in and week out that they can sustain a high level. I think Indy gets it done again on the road and hold JAX to under 14 points.

Good Luck!!

Delhomme vs TB

Brooks @ATL

Brooks was awful, but maybe he does something against the suspect ATL D? Delhomme has been nothing special either and he's got to go against TB.

I can pick up Losman vs NE. Nice matchup but will he produce better than these two? Also if I wer to pick him up who should I drop. I am carrying ATL and MIN. I am playing ATL this week probably but like MIN's matchup next week if I win. I can probably drop Curtis at this point I guess since my WR3 will be Bruce or Engram.

My Team

QB – Delhomme, Brooks

RB - Anderson, Foster, Greg Jones, Bell

WR - Harrison, Boldin, Curtis, Bruce, Engram

TE – Troupe

K - Tynes

Def – Falcons, Vikings

1199629[/snapback]

I think Brooks turns it around against ATL. I think the TB defense poses more of a threat to jake than ATL does to Brooks. he should exceed 220 and toss 2 TDs. He's always a risk, but without a decent running game, he'll be forced to throw and while he may toss a pick, he should also fin the endzone. That's a tough decision, but I would lean to Brooks.

I'm not sold on JP and don't think he'll outperform Brooks or delhomme. I think Willis will run well and the passing game will take a back seat. However, depending on his matchups in the next weeks he could be nice to have. So I say drop Curtis who is now dead weight on your roster and pick him up, just wouldn't start him this week.

I think either defense will perform about he same this week. I'd lean towards ATL but think both games have the great potential to be high scoring.

Good Luck!

B.Johnson vs. the bad Rams secondary or Brees vs. the bad Mia secondary?

With LT2 questionable, does that mean that brees is gonna be passing more to Gates? More TD's?

Thanks

1199680[/snapback]

Johnson has a better chance of posting big numbers against the Rams than Brees does against Miami. Both are good looking matchups but I say BJ. LT will be fine and he will play. I think both perform well this week, but as I have said in other posts, I think the Min/STL game will be filled with points and BJ will be a major part of that.

Good Luck!

:D You seem like a knowledgeable guy. 2 questions...

WDIS: Pittsburg or TB Defense? I'm playing a guy who has Chicago, so I'm thinking of going with Pitt--that it will be a low scoring game. But TB's D is good, except they're playing Carolina.

#2: Have 3 starters from Seattle (Jurivicius, Alexander, J. Stevens). They've been great all year but are they going to start resting or is Seattle still trying for homefield?

playoffs start this weekend. Lost bulger for the season but picked up Fitzpatrick.

should i hang with him or pick tuiasospo and take my chances wth him. i could stick with Fitz abd try a grab Koren Robinson at WR to replace either Randy Moss or Jevervius. D Jackson might be back this week with a good match up @ San Fran. Too risky to play him? dont ask me how i even made it to 8-5.

1199721[/snapback]

I would rather have Fitz playing inside than Tuiat the Jets. I think Oakland will pound away with Jordan as I think he'll try to prove his old team missed out on a quality back. Tui hasn't played and the speed of a real game is much faster than practice. At least Fitz has a couple games under his belt and he should be able to do some damage against the MIN DEF.

As you may have read, I am big on KRob and I think he has a good game. My boy Hugh One doesn't see it that way, but different opinions are what make FF so fun. Randy has been hurt and the lack of production at QB has hurt him too. he's not the same and I don't see him "going off" but he's a stud WR and the potential is always there. Jurevicius has a great matchup and I think even if DJax does play, JJ should get his. However, I'm convinced that if DJax plays, then Holmgren will dohis best to get him the ball so can get his football legs back and gear up for the post season. No better team to "practice" on the SF. Especially ay home, SF's defense is terrible on the road. You'll have to monitor his situation as the week progresses.

I can tell you as a DJax owner myself, if he plays, he'll be in my lineup. No way he doesn't post good yds and a score against SF.

Good Luck!

:D You seem like a knowledgeable guy.  2 questions...

WDIS: Pittsburg or TB Defense?  I'm playing a guy who has Chicago, so I'm thinking of going with Pitt--that it will be a low scoring game.  But TB's D is good, except they're playing Carolina.

#2: Have 3 starters from Seattle (Jurivicius, Alexander,  J. Stevens).  They've been great all year but are they going to start resting or is Seattle still trying for homefield?

1199871[/snapback]

I like the PIT defense this week. They will focus on stopping T. Jones and force Orton to throw. Uh-oh...Orton is awful and no threat to win a game by him self. You are right in assuming this will be a low scoring game. Something like 16-9 wouldn't surprise me. TB should matchup just fine against CAR, but why chance it? CAR has more to work with in Delhomme, Foster and Smith. Chicago has T. Jones and ??

The Seattle situation could be much like last week where they get a big lead and then rest their players. However I don't think SF will turn it over like Philly did. That was too unbelievable for that to happen again. Alexander is a must start ashe could have 100/2TDs by halftime, then it won't matter if he sits. they want home field advantage even though they have clinched their divisionso they are playing for that. It's SF! Start all your SEA players. I'll temper that though, you may have better options but not knowing your team I have no way of telling. I do know SA is a must start.

GoodLuck!

Standard Scoring  1/ 10 rush and Rec and get PPR...Need 2 of 3.

M. Anderson vs. Bal

J Jones v. KC

D. Davis @TEN

Thanks in advance

1199888[/snapback]

Definitely Davis. He's involved in the passing game and has a good matchup with the Titans this week. Under your scoring system, he'll be solid.

Then I would go with Jones. He's also more involved in the passing game and playing aginst KC, he'll have plenty of oppotunities to get you some points.

Good Luck!

Definitely Davis.  He's involved in the passing game and has a good matchup with the Titans this week.  Under your scoring system, he'll be solid.

Then I would go with Jones.  He's also more involved in the passing game and playing aginst KC, he'll have plenty of oppotunities to get you some points.

Good Luck!

1199914[/snapback]

Thanks...Man KC is a top notch D and BAL is horrible

Thanks...Man KC is a top notch D and BAL is horrible

1199919[/snapback]

:D

Baltimore's defense is ranked seventh overall and KC's is 27th in total defense. KC has no defense to speak of. Baltimore isn't the elite defense of the past several years, but they are still very good.

A couple questions for you rew

start 2 recievers, standard scoring 6pts TD

A. Boldin vs WAS

C. Johnson vs CLE

T. Holt @ MIN

start 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 FLEX, same scoring but with PPR

L. Jordan @ NYJ (lock)

D. Davis @ TEN (lock)

J. Jones vs KC

T. Housh vs CLE

A. Boldin vs WAS

D. Driver vs DET

R. Moss @ NYJ

B. Llyod @ SEA

Ro. Williams @ GB

1 more, real quick, standard scoring 4 pts passing TD, 6 points rushing

T. Green @ DAL

K. Warner vs WAS

Thanks in advance, looks like you put a lot of effort into your answers.

A couple questions for you rew

start 2 recievers, standard scoring 6pts TD

A. Boldin vs WAS

C. Johnson vs CLE

T. Holt @ MIN

start 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 FLEX, same scoring but with PPR

L. Jordan @ NYJ (lock)

D. Davis @ TEN (lock)

J. Jones vs KC

T. Housh vs CLE

A. Boldin vs WAS

D. Driver vs DET

R. Moss @ NYJ

B. Llyod @ SEA

Ro. Williams @ GB

1 more, real quick, standard scoring 4 pts passing TD, 6 points rushing

T. Green @ DAL

K. Warner vs WAS

Thanks in advance, looks like you put a lot of effort into your answers.

1200105[/snapback]

OK, Of the first 3 I would go with CJ and Holt. I believe each has a better chance to score than Boldin although all are very good prospects this week. However, CJ and TH are their team's #1WR and that cannot be ignored. All have decent matchups so I say go with CJ and Holt.

You're dead on at RB. Jordan and Davis should both have good games and are solid starts. Not much help, if any, needed there.

Next I say go with Housh, Roy and Driver. I like Boldin and teeter between him and driver, but again Driver is the #1 and a good chance to score. Housh is a threat to score each week simply due to the attention paid to CJ leaving him more opportunities. And while I am not enamored with garcia and the Lions, with K. Jones gimpy who else is going to catch the ball? Roy has talent, size and ok speed and should be able to produce against GB. However I would pay attention to the injury report and check on Driver's status. If he's less than average then I would not hesitate to start Boldin. He could bebig if Fitz draws the double coverage. One of them will be open. Moss is a dud and you just don't know what Tui will add or detract from in his first start of the year. Forget Lloyd out of this bunch.

And finally I like Warner from your choices, Dallas has a good pass defense and KC should try to pound away at them with Johnson. Although Green has been playing ok, Warner has had his career resurrected with the 2 WRs he has, plus they throw a lot. look for warner to have a solid day against Washington.

GoodLuck!

Love football and follow it closely.  Give me your lineup questions or any questions and let's make some decisions.

A few answers and the reasons why to help you win your league.

1197546[/snapback]

First week of playoffs, pick 2 WR to start along side of Chad Johnson

R. Wayne vs Jac

J. Jurevicius vs SF

B. Engram vs SF

I. Bruce vs Min

J. Porter vs NYJ

Leaning toward starting Wayne and Jurevicius..but looking at the huddle it has Engram and Bruce getting the touchdown...what do you think. :D

Hey rew-

Need one:

Bennett vs. Houston

R. Smith vs. Baltimore

R. Williams @ GB

Horn @ Atlanta on Monday night

1200181[/snapback]

I'll say Bennett here. The matchup with the Texans is a good one. McNair should have all kinds of time to throw and Bennett is a big, tall WR who will give the HOU secondary a big matchup problem. I look for him to have a nice game. I think he approaches 1000 yds and a score this week.

While Roy and Horn have nice matchups as well, I think Bennett's is better and he has a more stable QB to get him the ball. Of the choices above I think Smith has the toughest assignment in the Ravens defense and lately Jake has been prone to mistakes by throwing INTs. While he may turn it around this week, the better option is Bennett.

Good Luck!

Sorry if this has been asked already.  Hi rew...  :D

Ok who do ya think

Bledsoe or Delhomme

Delhomme or Farve

Thanks.

1200298[/snapback]

Well because of the matchups, I would throw out Delhomme from this bunch. He faces a tough TB defense and Bledsoe and Favre get to throw against KC and DET.

Then it's basically a toss up between Favre and Bledsoe. However DET ranks 13th against the pass while KC ranks 30th. So I give the nod to Bledsoe to pick on them with Keyshawn and Glenn. I think both are very capable of going for around 230-240 and 2 TDs. Advantage Bledsoe.

Good Luck!

First week of playoffs, pick 2 WR to start along side of Chad Johnson

R. Wayne vs Jac

J. Jurevicius vs SF

B. Engram vs SF

I. Bruce vs Min

J. Porter vs NYJ

Leaning toward starting Wayne and Jurevicius..but looking at the huddle it has Engram and Bruce getting the touchdown...what do you think.  :D

1200321[/snapback]

I think Wayne for sure. Marvin will draw their best CB in JAX and Wayne will have an easier time of it and seems to be the better option to score. The team has said in the past that he has the best "hands" on the team. I think he can get around 70-80 and a score this week.

Engram has 1 TD on the year. I''m doubtful that he gets another one this week, but they are playing SF. However JJ is a big WR and will pose a matchup problem for SF in the red zone. Remember last week he got the first crack at the TD but didn't get both feet in bounds. I like JJ over engram for the score this week.

I think both Holt and Bruce will score this week in the dome. So it may be a safer play to go with Wayne and Bruce, but it's a shame not not play a SEA WR against a horrible defense.

I would double check to seee if DJax plays or not as that will cut into JJ's catches if he does. I think the safer play may be Wayne and Bruce this week. But I wouldn't be too concerned if you went Wayne and either JJ or Bruce.

Good Luck!

Good morning REW,

Another question, if you dont mind. Thanks to FA pickups last night I need to make another WDIS decision...

Please pick TWO

Bennett v HOU

Evans v NE

Glenn v KC

KRob v STL

I am thinking Bennett and Evans here, how about you?

Thanks again!

Gdawg

Good morning REW,

Another question, if you dont mind. Thanks to FA pickups last night I need to make another WDIS decision...

Please pick TWO

Bennett v HOU

Evans v NE

Glenn v KC

KRob v STL

I am thinking Bennett and Evans here, how about you?

Thanks again!

Gdawg

1200878[/snapback]

Definitely Bennett, I think he is going to have a big game. Then I say KRob. I am high on him and maybe blinded a bit, but I just don't see how he can't have a good game against STL. All of them have very good matchups, but I like the rapport that Johnson and KRob have developed and think it will continue this week.

Probably the safer play is actually Glenn. KC ranks 30th against the pass and he's their homerun hitter and should be able to post some decent numbers against KC and be good for a score.

Just don't know how many points will be put up in the NE/BUF game, I see that as one of the lower scoring games of the week and want to see if JP can string 2 good gasmes together. And without Moulds, who will likely be suspended, Evans will draw all the attention even if the NE secondary is banged up.

Good Luck!