[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

WDIS

skybolt0

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as you are in a performance league that gives points for yardage I can't see sitting Warner for guys like Hass and Favre who have done nothing or been bad. Why would Hass throw this week? SA will run all over SF. What makes you think Hass throws a lot? Can I see 200 and 2 TD's? Yeah possible, but more likely is 200 and 1 TD. As for Warner I say we'll see 300 and 1 or 2 TD's with 1 or 2 ints. One thing I know for sure is Warner will throw 40 times to Hass' 25. As for Favre same thing. He has been bad so why would you bench a hot Warner who has been the # 3 QB the past 4 or 5 weeks for a bad Favre? I don't get that. I have Hass and Warner and am going Warner by a mile.

As long as you are in a performance league that gives points for yardage I can't see sitting Warner for guys like Hass and Favre who have done nothing or been bad. Why would Hass throw this week? SA will run all over SF. What makes you think Hass throws a lot? Can I see 200 and 2 TD's? Yeah possible, but more likely is 200 and 1 TD. As for Warner I say we'll see 300 and 1 or 2 TD's with 1 or 2 ints. One thing I know for sure is Warner will throw 40 times to Hass' 25. As for Favre same thing. He has been bad so why would you bench a hot Warner who has been the # 3 QB the past 4 or 5 weeks for a bad Favre? I don't get that. I have Hass and Warner and am going Warner by a mile.

1199198[/snapback]

huh? Would you bench Hass against Atlanta Oakland Miami Cincinnati Detroit Green Bay Cleveland New Orleans New York Jets St. Louis Buffalo Houston too? They all have a worse rated run defense than SF meaning, (using your logic) "SA will run all over them". The Redskins have allowed ONE 300 yd passing game the entire year and that was to McNabb who threw for 301 and 1 TD in a loss. What makes you think Warner will do it?

Oh yeah, and against the pass the Redskins are #11. How about San Fran you ask? Good question. L-A-S-T. #32 of 32. There's not a sane reason in the world to bench Hass (vs. SF) for Warner (vs. WAS) this week.

Oh yeah, and against the pass the Redskins are #11.  How about San Fran you ask?  Good question.  L-A-S-T.  #32 of 32.  There's not a sane reason in the world to bench Hass (vs. SF) for Warner (vs. WAS) this week.

1199280[/snapback]

and just look at that avatar ... would that dog lie to you?

go with hass.

You're kidding me right?

13-20 158 1 TD 0 ints

17-29 243 1 TD 2 ints

19-31 233 1 TD 0 ints

21-37 249 2 TD's 1 ints

8-15 98 1 TD 0 ints

29-48 334 1 TD 3 ints

29-45 359 1 TD 0 ints

27-39 285 3 TD's 0 ints

29-46 315 2 TD's 1 ints

29-45 354 1 TD 2 ints

Okay so since he's been back NEVER under 285 yards and that includes games against Sea and Jax (# 1 pass D then). And only 3 ints in his last 4 games to go with the yardage and 1 or 2 TD's. Hass meanwhile NEVER hits 250 and only once has more than 1 TD pass. And against the 32nd ranked pass D a few weeks back Hass went 19-31 with 233 yards and 1 TD. Yeah he TORE them up. You are off on this one Navin. I have both so there is NO bias here. With that said NO WAY do I start Hass who will throw tops 30 times over Warner who will throw 45 times.

wow.  I guess we'll agree to disagree.  Seriously, to me it's not even close.

1199323[/snapback]

Can I ask you a question. Have you followed this stuff lately? I know you haven't been in here because your team wasn't doing well that's why I ask (not being rude). I have started Warner over Hass for 3 or 4 straight weeks and he has carried me to my playoffs. Again Hass doesn't throw and all Warner does is throw. That includes when Warner faced # ONE PASS D Jax and when Hass faced # 32 PASS D SF, and Warner has outdone him every week. I have to be honest here why would anyone bench Warner right now for Hass? I must be missing something. Other than a matchup that looks better what else is there? Hass doesn't throw and Warner only throws.

Edited by giantsfan

Can I ask you a question. Have you followed this stuff lately?

1199331[/snapback]

Yes, I have followed this stuff lately. I wouldn't offer advice otherwise.

One thing you should keep in mind is, past performance does not guarantee future results. In my opinion, Hass is both the safe start AND the guy with the most upside this week. In my book, that's a SLAM DUNK when I consider lineup questions.

Yes, I have followed this stuff lately.  I wouldn't offer advice otherwise.

One thing you should keep in mind is, past performance does not guarantee future results.  In my opinion, Hass is both the safe start AND the guy with the most upside this week.  In my book, that's a SLAM DUNK when I consider lineup questions.

1199371[/snapback]

this is a no brainer..def warner, wash def is not all that and there playing in sunny arizona,if it was in wash where it's cold and snowy maybe i would consider hasselback,gl

Yes, I have followed this stuff lately.  I wouldn't offer advice otherwise.

One thing you should keep in mind is, past performance does not guarantee future results.  In my opinion, Hass is both the safe start AND the guy with the most upside this week.  In my book, that's a SLAM DUNK when I consider lineup questions.

1199371[/snapback]

Of course Hass can out do Warner this week anyone can out do anyone in any given week, but going in no way would I start Hass over Warner and I won't. You want to tell me Hass is safer, yeah I can buy that because I can't see him doing worse than 200ish and 1 TD with no ints, but NO WAY is he the upside play. The worst I see from Warner is 250ish, 1 TD, and 2 ints. Upside is 300 +, 2 TD's, and 1 int. NO WAY Hass can do that.

this is a no brainer..def warner, wash def is not all that and there playing in sunny arizona,if it was in wash where it's cold and snowy maybe i would consider hasselback,gl

1199392[/snapback]

Couldn't have said it better myself. Game in Wash I may start Hass then.

Edited by giantsfan

Of course Hass can out do Warner this week anyone can out do anyone in any given week, but going in no way would I start Hass over Warner and I won't. You want to tell me Hass is safer, yeah I can buy that because I can't see him doing worse than 200ish and 1 TD with no ints, but NO WAY is he the upside play. The worst I see from Warner is 250ish, 1 TD, and 2 ints. Upside is 300 +, 2 TD's, and 1 int. NO WAY Hass can do that.

1199401[/snapback]

good arguments giantsfan. you have some strong points.

when i break it down according to my league's scoring, i have warner putting up 5.62 more points per week vs. hasselback over the past 5 weeks. when i then look at the matchups and see that washington has only allowed one team this year to put up more than 1 passing score vs. every team basically having their way with SF, i give the SF matchup more credit than 5.62 points and go with hass.

if your league penalizes for interceptions, that makes warner more of a risk because he will be slinging it to keep up with washington. portis should have a field day.

so it's definitely not a slam dunk either way. i would look at my matchup and see how i stack up. if my team looked good to win, hass is the safer pick. if my team was hurting, i'd go with warner for the bigger risk/reward matchup.

good luck.

good arguments giantsfan.  you have some strong points.

when i break it down according to my league's scoring, i have warner putting up 5.62 more points per week vs. hasselback over the past 5 weeks.  when i then look at the matchups and see that washington has only allowed one team this year to put up more than 1 passing score vs. every team basically having their way with SF, i give the SF matchup more credit than 5.62 points and go with hass.

if your league penalizes for interceptions, that makes warner more of a risk because he will be slinging it to keep up with washington.  portis should have a field day.

so it's definitely not a slam dunk either way.  i would look at my matchup and see how i stack up.  if my team looked good to win, hass is the safer pick.  if my team was hurting, i'd go with warner for the bigger risk/reward matchup.

good luck.

1199467[/snapback]

Did Hass have his way with SF 2 or 3 weeks ago? With that said I agree with your last line there. I feel the same way.

I have both of these QB's and have the same dilema.

I can see Hass throwing for 200 yards, 1 TD and 0 Int's. Based on our league's scoring, Hass will positively get me 10 or 11 points.

I see Warner throwing for 300 Yards, 1 TD, 2 Int's. That would be only 8 points. Sure there's potential to get 2 TD's and less interceptions, but not likely.

Let's see, slam dunk of 10 or 11 points with Hass or probable 8 pts with max upside of about 14 points with Warner. I'm playing it safe and starting Hass.

I agree..Warner is putting up a ton of yardage. In my league, we get 1 pt for every 50 yards; 3 pts for a passing TD. So, i have to weigh/project who will have better game, stat wise, between Warner and Favre. If Warner throws 330 and 1 td (which is pretty standard for him); thats 9 pts....Favre throws 250 and 2 tds, thats 11 pts...2 pts COULD make a difference...IF i was confident that Warner would get at least one or 2, would be a more viable start this week......I think Favre gets 2 tds....

Hallelbeck is at home vs SF very weak agaisnt the pass but alillte afraid of him getting pulled.

Warner is at home vs WASH which has played well agaist the pass of last, but Arizona has no running game.

what should I do?

1199125[/snapback]

Who you going to start skybolt? After all this, please post your decision.

Hass hasn't had his annual 5 TD game yet this year...this could be the week! Then again, it might not.

Enjoying the timely discussion...For what it's worth I'm starting Warner over Hass as I have these past few weeks...my gut feel is to go with the guy most likely to get to 300 and potentially 350 yard targets which I get huge bonus points for regardless of scores. The fact that he threw for 285 on the Jags convinced me of the chemistry he's got with Boldin/Fitz regardless of matchup. He got me into the playoffs and I'm not about to go away from the hot hand and throw-first offense this week only to see Hass pulled in the third quarter given the huge day Alexander is having. My two cents...

Hallelbeck is at home vs SF very weak agaisnt the pass but alillte afraid of him getting pulled.

Warner is at home vs WASH which has played well agaist the pass of last, but Arizona has no running game.

what should I do?

1199125[/snapback]

I'd go with Hasselbeck. SF will stack the box early to try and stop Alexander (which won't work but they'll try) opening up the passing lanes in the first half when Hass will get the bulk of his 225+ yds and 2 x TDs. Holmgren wants home field through the playoffs and will keep him in the game through 3+ quarters.

Washington will not respect 'Zona's RBs and will focus on shutting down Fitz/Boldin with multiple coverage and blitz schemes. Warner will still get 200+ yds and 1 x TD, but it will be late trying to make up a deficit..........expect an INT or two by Kurt.