[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

WDIS

skybolt0

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As an owner of both, I've got to comment. I've started Warner for the past 4 weeks over Hass and have won all 4, am in the playoffs, and NOT looking back. Hass is steady, but does not give you the upside that Warner does. In addition, since I have SA, I really don't like starting BOTH of them. :D

There have been some good arguments on both sides of this issue in this thread, but, for me, Warner is my starter. Period! :D

The common trait here seems to be 1. Hass owners are down on him, and 2. people who own both have been starting Warner and are starting Warner this week. That should say it all. That doesn't mean he will do better, who knows what will happen Sunday, but it means the smarter play going in is Warner.

Edited by giantsfan

The funny thing with this is I have Hass and Warner in my dynasty league and I have Hass in my redraft league. In my dynasty league I need to get risk/reward option. I went with Warner. In my redraft league Hass is my only real option. I think it's a good problem to have but the risk vs reward has to be weighed in here I think. I still have not made my final decisions yet but warner looks like my play based on risk and reward factor.

Please see mine.

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=133260

The common trait here seems to be 1. Hass owners are down on him, and 2. people who own both have been starting Warner and are starting Warner this week. That should say it all.

1200347[/snapback]

I understand Warner's owners loyalty, he's been hot lately. But, starting him this week is like leaving your ace in too long. He's going to blow the game and cost your team the season. Put in Hass to close it vs. SF.

That doesn't mean he will do better, who knows what will happen Sunday, but it means the smarter play going in is Warner.

1200347[/snapback]

The smarter play going in is based on this week's matchup, not what happened the last 4 weeks. Hass is the smarter play going in against a pass defense that is rated dead last in the NFL. As a matter of fact, SF has given up over TWICE as many passing TDs this season than the Redskins (22 to 10). And, if its 300 yard games your looking for SF has allowed 6, the Redskisn have allowed 1.

The fact of the matter is, the loyal, emotional, passive, play -- with the built in excuse if you lose (the old, "I rode the horse that brought me") -- is Warner. The smarter play based on the facts and the stats is Hass.

I understand Warner's owners loyalty, he's been hot lately.  But, starting him this week is like leaving your ace in too long.  He's going to blow the game and cost your team the season.  Put in Hass to close it vs. SF.

The smarter play going in is based on this week's matchup, not what happened the last 4 weeks.  Hass is the smarter play going in against a pass defense that is rated dead last in the NFL. As a matter of fact, SF has given up over TWICE as many passing TDs this season than the Redskins (22 to 10).  And, if its 300 yard games your looking for SF has allowed 6, the Redskisn have allowed 1.

The fact of the matter is, the loyal, emotional, passive, play -- with the built in excuse if you lose (the old, "I rode the horse that brought me") -- is Warner.  The smarter play based on the facts and the stats is Hass.

1200778[/snapback]

Hass hasn't broken 250 in a LONG time let alone 300. It is pretty easy to see what will happen here, it happened IN SF so why not at home, SA runs for 2 or 3 TD's, Hass passes for 1, and then they run the clock out. Again does Hass' mediocore game at SF 3 weeks ago mean anything to you or is it simply blind love yes going against 32nd pass D must start Hass. It's almost like putting info in a computer and getting the answer without external info like Hass doesn't throw often, was average against SF 3 weeks ago, and Warner has been hot and lit up the # 1 Jax pass D a few weeks back.

p.s.  you guys might want to check out WWs Start/Bench list.  He makes a lot of sense  :D

gmanfan, I think you should send WW a PM and ask him if he's still "following this stuff".  :D

1200782[/snapback]

Okay so me and many Warner owners disagree with WW.

And as for my comment you KNOW I didn't mean anything by it.

I understand Warner's owners loyalty, he's been hot lately.  But, starting him this week is like leaving your ace in too long.  He's going to blow the game and cost your team the season.  Put in Hass to close it vs. SF.

The smarter play going in is based on this week's matchup, not what happened the last 4 weeks.  Hass is the smarter play going in against a pass defense that is rated dead last in the NFL. As a matter of fact, SF has given up over TWICE as many passing TDs this season than the Redskins (22 to 10).  And, if its 300 yard games your looking for SF has allowed 6, the Redskisn have allowed 1.

The fact of the matter is, the loyal, emotional, passive, play -- with the built in excuse if you lose (the old, "I rode the horse that brought me") -- is Warner.  The smarter play based on the facts and the stats is Hass.

1200778[/snapback]

Yes; but Warner doesnt have an Alexander to hand the ball off to 25 times a game. Hass doesn't have to throw the ball, Warner has no choice but to chuck it 40 times.

I bet Hass could throw more TDs with 25 passes vs. SF than Warner can with 40 passes vs. WAS.

1200964[/snapback]

Maybe. But then you are saying Hass throws 2 TD's and I just don't know if he'll need to. I say 200 and 1 TD for Hass and have felt that way all along. Warner I say 275 + and 1 TD. Warner will throw a pick more I'd say. Difference is Warner can go 300 and 2 TD's and Hass can't. I'll take that upside chance.

Edited by giantsfan

Its not even close, Warner is the man. No running game, Fitz and Boldin to throw to. The #1 pass D Jax could not stop Warner, what makes anyone thing the #11 pass D can stop him. Alexander takes away a lot of Haas's value, even against the 49ers at home Haas will throw under 250, probably closer to 200 and 1 or 2 td's. You know Warner will be at the 300 mark, at least 1 Td and possibly more.

No one has mentioned the fact that SA looked p*ssed last Monday when Holmgren took him out. I think that the Holgrem and team are gonna want to get SA the TD title, and because they may want to rest SA down the stretch, this will be the game he gets 3 or 4 TDs to get him that much closer to the title.

In my mind, I don't see Hass getting more than 1 TD this game and will likely not exceed 200 Yds. I agree with everyone else here, if you need a solid, conversative guy, go Hass. If you're in a matchup in which your opponent is likely gonna kick your behind, and you need the upside, I'd start Warner.