Sign in to follow this  
Whiskey Pimp

Which D to pick up for the playoff run?

We start 1 D and right now I have the Bucs which is not bad. My playoff team is a bit weak and I am thinking of grabbing a better D to run with. Here are the options and the matchups for weeks 14, 15 and 16.

Bucs - @CAR(14) @NE(15) ATL(16)

Pats - @BUF(14) TB(15) @NYJ(16)

Dolphins - @SD(14) NYJ(15) TEN(16)

Rams - @MIN(14) PHI(15) SF(16)

I'm leaning towards grabbing the Dolphins for the weeks 15 and 16 games at home to Jets and Titans and then maybe stay with the Bucs for this week. The Rams weeks 15 and 16 matchups both at home to Philly and SF are also tempting. The Pats also look decent at home to Bucs week 15 and at Jets week 16. A little help here please.

It depends on which weeks you really need them (post TBs schedule down the stretch and I could be more specific), but none of these are really good options over TB. Of these, Dolphins are probably the best bet, though that's not saying much.

(post TBs schedule down the stretch and I could be more specific),

1201117[/snapback]

I did.

Bucs - @CAR(14) @NE(15) ATL(16)

Thanks for the reply,

Both Dolphins and Ram's are tempting. Ram's matchups look good, but their secondary is terrible. I still think their matchups prevail however...

The only thing the Rams are good at on D is giving up points. The Redskins were in a funk until they played the Rams last week. I'd go with the Pats this week, then switch to the Dolphins.

Good Luck!

I agree.

New England is the way to go.

Rams play inside all of there 3 games; the other offenses(although not great) will have easier time insidewith the passing game.

NE play all 3 games outside and in the northeast.

JM

I tried the Rams for a few games based on matchups and they did almost nothing. You still need players to make the plays and they don't have 'em.

The Bucs will get their's regardless of the matchup, but NE (14), MIA (15), NE (16) could do better. NE is supposedly getting healthy again, so they could start producing as a top D ... could.