[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Free Agent Forecast

tonorator

corrected to state - waiver wire warriors. can't change the message title ...

ok, so a couple weeks ago i sign on to give the waiver wire warriors much love for all the helpful, in-depth advice. my anticipation was again high this week as i'm in my first round of playoffs and looking to scavenge for some real finds for down the stretch. imagine my excitement level when i click on that link to find a complete and thorough analysis of ... kickers.

kickers?

it's playoff time and we get kickers?

:D

Edited by tonorator

corrected to state - waiver wire warriors.  can't change the message title ...

ok, so a couple weeks ago i sign on to give the waiver wire warriors much love for all the helpful, in-depth advice.  my anticipation was again high this week as i'm in my first round of playoffs and looking to scavenge for some real finds for down the stretch.  imagine my excitement level when i double click on that link to find a complete and thorough analysis of ... kickers.

kickers?

it's playoff time and we get kickers?

:D

1201382[/snapback]

You have the option to write your own stuff.

You have the option to write your own stuff.

1201388[/snapback]

yeah, yeah, i know all that. you have to agree however that this is not the best timing for an in-depth on kickers ... i'm actually not sure if there ever is best timing for that.

yeah, yeah, i know all that.  you have to agree however that this is not the best timing for an in-depth on kickers  ... i'm actually not sure if there ever is best timing for that.

1201394[/snapback]

Actually at this point I don't see anywhere I can make myself better on the waiver wire, but I found the data on kickers pretty interesting. I was already looking for a reason to pick up Todd Peterson to have someone playing on MNF this week, and the data on NOR may have just sealed the deal.

Actually at this point I don't see anywhere I can make myself better on the waiver wire, but I found the data on kickers pretty interesting.

1201401[/snapback]

:D I couldn't agree more with this assessment. My starting lineup is set as well for the playoff run and as Dennis said every point counts at this point. So the information on the kickers is very much appreciated.

you have to agree however that this is not the best timing for an in-depth on kickers  ... i'm actually not sure if there ever is best timing for that.

1201394[/snapback]

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition... or in-depth analysis on kickers.

Sorry, tonorator. But there isn't a lot of uncharted waiver wire territory left at this time of year. Besides, I can only write about what I'm inspired about. Last week, for some bizarre reason, I couldn't stop thinking about kickers. It knew that the subject matter wasn't going to be well-received by everyone. But no article or author can be all things to all people. At the very least, please appreciate that the work was fairly unique and not likely available else where. At least, not at that level of detail.

And if you have a solid idea, you don't necessarily have to write your own article. You can always suggest stuff and if its a good idea, I'll take a look. For example, the idea for the RBBC feature piece going into Week 13 came from a Huddler named Bree22.

Edited by yo mama

of great interest i would think would be what is happening with all of the teams that are not making the playoffs. this is the time they would starting trying out many new players to see what they are made of (a la Tui in Oakland). i gotta think that some interesting names will start to surface these last few weeks and it would be great to know which ones. any great examples from the past where guys stepped it up in the last few weeks to secure a spot for the following year?

and then for the teams making the playoffs and qualifying early, a good read on just who might sit and who might step up would be great. are turner, rhodes, and morris worth it? are there other likely ailing players who would be rested that make way for some new guys? has any analysis been done on just how much these guys contribute in the last few weeks?

that's a few things. to be clear, i'm not a sour apple here, just surprised to see kickers as the primary topic. no way i'm dropping shayne graham - a good kicker on a high powered offense. that's about as far as i go with analyzing kickers. i did read through the analysis and it makes definitely sense. it would be good to do a followup after the season to determine if it actually was effective or if the age-old axiom is true - pick a kicker who plays and you have as good a shot at points as anyone.

no way i'm dropping shayne graham - a good kicker on a high powered offense.  that's about as far as i go with analyzing kickers.

1201553[/snapback]

Sadly I'm overanalyzing my kicker situation this week. Should we at all be concerned with Graham for this week considering the forecast is for snow on gameday?

Some people care about kickers. In fact I was almost ready to point out that the Redskins kicker has been named wrong the last several weeks in the projections while others may not have even noticed or cared.

Edited by MikesVikes

Some people care about kickers.  In fact I was almost ready to point out that the Redskins kicker has been named wrong the last several weeks in the projections while others may not have even noticed or cared.

1201762[/snapback]

It's not about caring about them, when they score more than TL and Alexander as rackers has in one of my leagues, you have to battle them. Rackers has scored over 50 points several times.

Kickers score more pts than LT2 and SA and you're saying that you don't care about them?  :D

1201791[/snapback]

IMO, picking the kicker that will score the most points is probably impossible. The more reasonable perspective is to try and pick the kicker that is the least likely to be a no-show, thus forcing your other skill players to make up the deficiency. Rackers was/is an aberation in that he was so consistantly a difference maker at the position.

I have Wilkins and Graham and been playing musical matchups all year......Got burnt one week, bad.....Wilkins had 5pts and Graham had 15pts........lost by 9.5...Kickers matter....I went from 2nd place to 4 and haven't recovered since.....but still in playoffs :D

well there are those who felt safe with Collins heading into the playoffs... :D

1201537[/snapback]

not me? :D

I actually blame myself....because a few weeks ago, Turner said he doesn't plan on benching him...

for some reason...I thought, wow...I think he'll get benched...but I didn't do anything about it...

bad GM move....I have an all-star lineup....except at Quarterback...

Same here...

I have SA and Edge, Fitz and Burress...only thing I wasn't strong on was QB and TE...

but Collins was better than the other options...

now I am down to Losman and Brooks to try and win a championship... :D

1201971[/snapback]

I wish I was in your shoes....

I have to start McMahon unless he gets benched or injured...then I get a WW pickup....

if this happens, I can get Garrard....I am praying the FF gods stick with me here...

but with the way my lineup looks, I may not need it...but I'd like it..