[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Alexander Comments on Contract Talks

Hugh 0ne

Hilarious. The Pats can't lay claim to dynasty-dom, having won 3 in recent years. Get back to us when the Colts can manage to win one. :D

1203487[/snapback]

Nobody in their right mind says what the Pats HAD wasn't a dynasty. I'm talking about the new one, of course. :D

That alone shows how stupid Tice is. Fason is not a goal line back. :D

1204740[/snapback]

Actually he is, but the problem is...Moore and Bennett aren't either. I think Fason is the biggest of the three and announcers have bragged about how powerful Fasons legs are. Most of the time he gets positive yardage.

Edit: Here is the scouting report on him

POSITIVES: Well-sized ballcarrier with a penchant for breaking the long run. Sees the field, follows blocks and keeps driving up the field, picking up a lot of yardage off initial contact. Excellent short-yardage runner.

Its actaully kind of funny - everything that Tice does gets stereotyped as being stupid. Iam not sticking up for Tice, but I just wish people would stop being idiots themselves.

Edited by Outshined

Actually he is, but the problem is...Moore and Bennett aren't either. I think Fason is the biggest of the three and announcers have bragged about how powerful Fasons legs are. Most of the time he gets positive yardage.

Edit: Here is the scouting report on him

POSITIVES: Well-sized ballcarrier with a penchant for breaking the long run. Sees the field, follows blocks and keeps driving up the field, picking up a lot of yardage off initial contact. Excellent short-yardage runner.

Its actaully kind of funny - everything that Tice does gets stereotyped as being stupid. Iam not sticking up for Tice, but I just wish people would stop being idiots themselves.

1204754[/snapback]

His running style is more like Portis' and is not a 'goal line' style. Sure he may score one to two, but that does not mean it fits his style of running. Just because a player is a 'well-sized ballcarrier' that does not mean that Tice is still not trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.

From what I've seen so far, I believe this scouting report to be more accurate:

Strengths

Ciatrick has real good size, strength and speed for his position. He has good quickness to the hole and looks to be a pretty smart player. He is a good north/south runner that runs from a spread offense, but seems to have good power and balance.

Needs to Improve

Ciatrick doesn’t block for the blitz very well and does not show very good hands out of the backfield. He also doesn’t show good lateral movement or cutting ability in the hole. This is all normal for a spread offense RB.

Bottom Line

Ciatrick is a bit of an anomaly. He reminds me a bit of Clinton Portis (RB-Redskins) when he came out. A team that runs from a spread offense where the pass sets up the run has got to be in love with this kid as long as he shows he has good hands. Something tells me this kid will be fine catching the ball out of the backfield. He is a slasher and not the type of back that follows a blocker into the hole and changes direction with good lateral movement. He doesn’t set up blocks and run sweeps etc. He is not my style of back because I think this style limits your offense, but he is the type of back that has been very successful in the NFL and Denver loves this style of back. Ciatrick strikes me as the type of kid that will be even better in the pros than he was in college and he was pretty effective in college. I think where he goes in this draft will depend on a team’s need and style of offense.  Here is a fact! With the right blocking scheme, this kid can be impacting; however, if the blocking scheme doesn’t fit his style of running, he won’t even get off the bench.

That does not mean that he cannot do it, but to me it means that he is not well suited to it.

Edited by DKF