[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thoughts/Questions on Reggie Wayne this week..

Cunning Runt

I'm really on the fence as to what to expect from Wayne this week.

On the one hand I keep reading that the Colts' main players will play little or not at all so expecting much out of Wayne may be a real problem.

On the other hand, it seems likely Manning won't play much at all and Marvin none at all. So part of me thinks that Wayne does stay in and becomes "the man" for Sorgi. Or will that honor fall to Stokley or Walters? Or possibly Clark or maybe even Fletcher.

I can see a number of scenarios play out with Wayne. I think Manning, Edge, and Harrison are quite a bit more predictable -

Manning - start, then out after a series or two, then Sorgi in

Harrison - inactive or emergency at best

Edge - start, then out after a series or two, then Rhodes in

I'm curious to know your thoughts are as they specifically relate to Wayne.

Peace.

Edited by Cunning Runt

I wouldn't play Wayne, unless you have NO ONE else to plug in there. This game smells a lot like Philly last year in Week 16, where McNabb, Westbrook all played at the most 1 quarter. Its painrul, but you have to sit Wayne. Even if he stays in, Jim Sorgi isn't going to get him the ball (and he won't be in anyways I would think). Good luck.

I wouldn't play Wayne, unless you have NO ONE else to plug in there. 

1228762[/snapback]

Does Reggie Brown count as "no one?

Mofo has been hit or miss and I've missed the two times I gave him a shot.

He plays AZ.

That's why I'm trying to get a warm fuzzy.

For that matter, Troy Walters is available - he's their #4 isn't he - ahead of Moorehead? Is he worth a pick-up?

Edited by Cunning Runt

I'm starting Wayne as my opponent has Manning. If Manning tosses a TD that I can cancel with Wayne, that would be a hugh blow to his chances to beat me since Manning isn't going to play the whole game.

I have been wonderig about this for a couple of weeks now. I am very leary of starting Wayne due to lack of WR depth. Hopefully we will know more as the week wears on.

Right now my SB team is

Palmer

LJ

Dillon (if he plays)

SSmith

Wayne

Fisher, SParker or Keyshawn

McMichael

Stover

Minnesota

We start 1 qb 2 rb 2wr 1te 1k 1 def and 1 wr/rb flex

If Wayne doesn't play I probably start Parker as 2nd wr and decide between Fisher and Keyshawn as Flex.

Does Reggie Brown count as "no one?

Mofo has been hit or miss and I've missed the two times I gave him a shot.

He plays AZ.

That's why I'm trying to get a warm fuzzy.

For that matter, Troy Walters is available - he's their #4 isn't he - ahead of Moorehead? Is he worth a pick-up?

1228772[/snapback]

Yikes...in that case, maybe Wayne is your man. Theres got to be someone on the waiver wire that you could use. I assume Moulds isn't a free agent anymore? What about even a guy like Gaffney, maybe C. Rogers, someone like that? I would take the chace on a guy with a great matchup like Rogers ahead of Wayne personally. Good luck, hope my anti-Wayne advice doesn't come back to bite you.

I'm starting Wayne as my opponent has Manning. If Manning tosses a TD that I can cancel with Wayne, that would be a hugh blow to his chances to beat me since Manning isn't going to play the whole game.

1229074[/snapback]

Are you trying to stir something up? :D

1229074[/snapback]

Are you trying to stir something up? :D

1229511[/snapback]

exactly what I was thinking. The old debate about cancelling out yer opponent's QB. Never works. Just start who you think is going score, not who you think yer opponent's gonna throw too. Wayne won't play much and neither will Manning. Let him start Manning while you start a full-time player.

exactly what I was thinking. The old debate about cancelling out yer opponent's QB. Never works. Just start who you think is going score, not who you think yer opponent's gonna throw too. Wayne won't play much and neither will Manning. Let him start Manning while you start a full-time player.

1229678[/snapback]

Great info here.

I've got Wayne on my two Super Bowl teams. I've read all the previous posts, and just about everybody made some good points. I could see him starting as the man in place of Marvin and catching 8 passes for 115 and a touchdown in a half, and I could see him playing maybe a quarter and finishing with 2 catches for 30 yards or something like that.

I'm leaning against starting him, but I'm going to sleep on it. :D Here is what I have to work with:

Team 1

Wayne

Galloway

D. Branch

B. Engram

S. Parker

Team 2

Galloway

Wayne

S. Parker

Evans

Givens

Edited by Wolverines Fan

I've got Wayne going in my SB this week and have only Stallworth and Horn backing him up - Stallworth is what I'm leaning towards since he has actually had a pretty good year, but he's been pretty hit or miss.  Horn has sucked and he will not play.

1234188[/snapback]

My scenario as well. I just looked at the Seatle weather and it is calling for a steady rain all afternoon...fwiw!!!

I have Wayne in both my local leagues. I've played him every week because of the high powered offense that he's in. He's been outscored by a bench player most of the time including in my td only league.

Talk about cancelling out the qb, what about a league where I'm playing against Wayne and have him both. I'm not starting him. I have Holt, Fitzgerald and for this week I'm starting Santana Moss over Wayne. I just checked and my opponent isn't playing him either. (He's playing Branch over Wayne.)

My lineup is Brady, Dillon, LJ, Holt, S Moss, Fitzgerald, Feely, and Jags.

His is Brady, SA, Rudi, Branch, Chambers, Holt, Vinatieri, and Steelers.

I feel that Rudi is in for a big week so it will be my receivers against his. I also have Dillon in and LT out.