[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

All Snubbed Team

HOI

Here's my "All-Snubbed" Team based on who is currently NOT listed on the Pro Bowl Roster. Of course these selections are biased for fantasy production purposes:

AFC Snubs

WR - H. Ward, Pitt

TE - T. Heap, Balt

DE - J. Allen, KC

DT - M. Reagor, Ind; O. Roye, Clev; Henderson, Jac

LB - Peterson, Jac; A. Thomas, Balt; Vilma, NYJ; Bulluck, Tenn; Fletcher, Buff

CB - I. Taylor, Pitt

S - S. Knight, KC; G. Wesley, KC

NFC Snubs

QB - E. Manning, NYG; Bledsoe, Dal

RB - C. Portis, Wash

WR - Galloway, TB

TE - C. Cooley, Wash

DE - Ogunleye, Chi

DT - Bernard, Sea; B. Young, SF

LB - Pierce, NYG; Tatupu, Sea; D. Williams, Atl; N. Barnett, GB

CB - Tillman, Chi; S. Brown, Phil

S - Dawkins, Phil; A. Wilson, Ariz

Edited by HOI

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree with your following:

AFC Snubs

TE - T. Heap, Balt

NFC Snubs

QB - E. Manning

RB - C. Portis, Wash

TE - C. Cooley, Wash

1230638[/snapback]

Heap - Done zilch this year. Can't blame him cause Boller sucks.

E. Manning - Heck no. Played well at the start. Last 5 games utter garbage.

C. Portis - No TD production.

Cooley - Had a blow up game against Dallas. That's it.

I disagree with your following:

Heap - Done zilch this year.  Can't blame him cause Boller sucks.

E. Manning - Heck no.  Played well at the start.  Last 5 games utter garbage.

C. Portis - No TD production. 

Cooley - Had a blow up game against Dallas.  That's it.

1230650[/snapback]

Roger, was based on fantasy production. Heap certainly had a better year than Gonzo. Eli only benefits from competing in the NFC..........would drop another 3-5 slots vs. AFC QBs. Portis is having a bettter year than Dunn who also has trouble finding the paydirt. Crumpler certainly had a better 1st half than Cooley, but Cooley seems to be heating up down the stretch............of course the argument could be made that Crumpler doesn't have as good of a QB as Cooley...........whoa! Is calling Brunell better than Vick blasphemy?!

Its been said in another thread, but Pat Williams got snubbed.

1230677[/snapback]

Roger, my list was based on fantasy production........not sure how your league scores for IDP's, but Pat Williams is only the 10th ranked DT in the NFC in my IDP league.

Of course, fantasy production doesn't account for what a player does in the trenches to pressure passers, take on double teams, or set up their LB'ers for success in shutting down the run. Pat Williams is certainly one of those DT's that ranks high when considering those intangibles.

Wow. No Peterson or Vilma in the AFC at LB? Peterson has made a ton of big plays for that defense. And Vilma, though in his second year, is as good a LB as there is in the AFC.

1230698[/snapback]

Was especially surprised about the Vilma snub since he's in a big market and should've gotten more votes..................Did the Jets fans fail to turn out the vote due to their woeful season?????

Heap- 69 catches, 803 yards, and 6 TD's

Gonzo- 68 catches, 788 yards, 2 TD's

So 1 more catch, 15 more yards, and 4 more TD's yet Gonzo goes. You tell me who belongs more and that Gonzo didn't make it just because of his rep.

1230722[/snapback]

Concur............four more TDs from a TE is HUGE..........probably would've meant another regular season win or two for many fantasy teams.

Gonzo is in because of last year.

Heap- 69 catches, 803 yards, and 6 TD's

Gonzo- 68 catches, 788 yards, 2 TD's

So 1 more catch, 15 more yards, and 4 more TD's yet Gonzo goes. You tell me who belongs more and that Gonzo didn't make it just because of his rep.

1230722[/snapback]

Gonzo's rep no doubt factored in; of course, 70 catches and 800 yds from a TE hardly put him in the "stiff" category; Gonzo is having another very good year.

Cooley - Had a blow up game against Dallas.  That's it.

1230650[/snapback]

Cooley had 58-654-3 BEFORE the Dallas game. That puts him in Pro Bowl company numbers-wise.

Bledsoe, although he is having a good year, is no pro bowler IMHO. I think that Peterson (SF) is suffering because he is on a bad team. That is something that a lot of good players suffer from every year.

Its been said in another thread, but Pat Williams got snubbed.

1230677[/snapback]

Agreed. The Vikes run defense has been mighty tough lately and I think Williams is the key. Even if he isn't getting the # of tackles, he's breaking plays up. He has been Hugh.

Ken Lucas and Todd Heap were no brainers IMO. Gonzales did not have the year to warrant a trip. Too bad for Rudi, but there's just too many good backs in the AFC.

How Jake Delhomme and Roy Williams get in from the NFC is beyond me. Adrian Wilson should have been a hands down over Roy, and I really thought Brunell would sneak in for the comeback year he's had. The NFC QB's suck though.

I thought Chris Chambers was a great choice in the AFC.

Although I am suprised Dawkins didn't make it on rep alone, he really didn't deserve to make the pro-bowl this year based on his play so I can't consider him snubbed. Sheldon Brown on the other hand has played well this year and would have made it last year if the other three Eagles D-Backs didn't all make it last year.