[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tony Dungy's Son Found Dead

BiPolarBear

I know everyone wants to rip on clubfoothead because he says good riddance to the kid... Bottome line is this, you commit suicide then you are a piece of crap selfish bastid of a human.  flip people that are that weak.  Its the worlds way of cleaning itself of scum.  That kid was healthy, and came from a privlidged family.  I know many people who have had it a lot harder than him, and got through it. Kids who's parents abandoned them, born with cystic fybrosis, and born without limbs.  Its called life, and that kid was a total failure.  I feel bad for the Dungy family, but it doesnt make me feel the least bit sad to know that a weak peice of trash has been taken out.  Yeah, yeah, yeah, go ahead and delete my post.

1232846[/snapback]

Congrats!!

You've just surpased AlexGaddis as the biggest MORAN at the Huddle.

Mental illness does not discriminate against income. How do you know what his life has consisted of to make the statement "I know many people who have had it a lot harder than him, and got through it"?

You are a SLOW

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My father killed himself when I was very young. (about a year) he was very young and had been crying out for help for years. He felt his problem was so severe that nobody could understand. That nobody could truly offer the help he needed.

But more importantly he thought he could fix his and everyone else's problems around him, not realizing that he was only hurting those people, and most importantly, his only son.

I grew up hurting and hating him for being so selfish. I hated and actually laughed at people who committed suicide, knowing the damage it did to those left in the wake and assuming those "weak-minded" were merely selfish. The fact is, it's just not so.

I've forgiven my father, after reading his suicide letter for the first time when i was 18. He wrote it on a torn piece of a brown paper bag. Even in the few, less than beautiful words he chose to be his last, you could see his complete and utter love for me and his regret for not knowing any other way to "fix" things.

This situation is not entirely different. I'm sure this child need not be persecuted and basically crucified for being lost emotionally, spiritually, and possibly mentally. He was just a baby. He doesn't deserve to be hated. Trust me on that. It will only bring hurt to you when and if you come to this realization.

Bottom line is the kid (in the best case) was real confused at this point of his life, like we all probably were when we were eighteen. Maybe not to that degree, but we all were to some degree. We are different, and hopefully better people, at this point in our life. It's sad he won't have the same opportunity to get his priorities in line later in his life. As a father of 3 kids, I can't imagine his parents' feelings at this point in time. I can only hope they can get through it without losing their minds.

Colts players will rally just like the Giants did when old Mara passed away. The Super Bowl Trophy will be on display in Indy during the off season. Emotions will give them the edge. (No pun intended with the "edge" comment in a Colts post)

This situation is not entirely different. I'm sure this child need not be persecuted and basically crucified for being lost emotionally, spiritually, and possibly mentally. He was just a baby. He doesn't deserve to be hated. Trust me on that. It will only bring hurt to you when and if you come to this realization.

1232997[/snapback]

Sorry to hear that Loogie, and I agree with you 100%.

Sorry to hear that Loogie, and I agree with you 100%.

1233001[/snapback]

I appreciate that. :D I'm 25 now and understand the situation much more now. Gone is my hate and judgement. I wish there were memories to take their place though.

our hopes and prayers should be that angry young men like james dungy find the strength to push through the hard times in life without doing something rash that leaves them either in jail or no longer alive. like it or not, there are plenty of reasons for young people to become depressed and confused as they try to understand what they see happening around them ... and since we all see things differently, we can't comment on exactly what may have led james to apparently take his life ... and we certainly should not express pleasure at his passing or try to appear nonchalant. this is a pure tragedy of the highest proportion.

none of us know what is around the next corner or when circumstances may rise up to arouse hatred or depression in any of us. we are human. an 18 year old kid, and even some people far older, sadly never reach a state where they know how to deal with these feelings in order to overcome the hopelessness and move on to a better place.

yeah, the movie is a bit of a cliche now, but george bailey was ready to take his life because he thought he had no reason to live ... this, when all around him were people who cared and loved him and would have given everything for him. i'm guessing james had those people around him, but now he doesn't have the second chance to see just how much others cared.

rest in peace james and i pray for strength for your family and loved ones. i'm going to hug my boys a little tighter tonight.

I appreciate that.  :D I'm 25 now and understand the situation much more now. Gone is my hate and judgement. I wish there were memories to take their place though.

1233003[/snapback]

I have a brother that had a really rough time when he was younger. Sh!t almost got out of hand but he's cool now.

:D

I can't even begin to imagine the devastating pain and sadness associated with losing a child in this way. I'm going to include the Dungy family in my prayers. Godspeed to them.

Bottom line is the kid (in the best case) was real confused at this point of his life, like we all probably were when we were eighteen. Maybe not to that degree, but we all were to some degree. We are different, and hopefully better people, at this point in our life. It's sad he won't have the same opportunity to get his priorities in line later in his life. As a father of 3 kids, I can't imagine his parents' feelings at this point in time. I can only hope they can get through it without losing their minds.

1233000[/snapback]

Agreed...

My thoughts and best wishes to the Dungy family. :D

Sorry to hear about your pops Loogie.

Club - very bad form. I'm surprised. Dude is 18 and who gives a rats ass what his online persona is. Very tragic and was obviously in need of help he didn't get.

I pray that Tony Dungy and his wife can get through this the best way possible. Losing a child is an incredibly difficult thing to deal with. Take it from me, I know.

I know everyone wants to rip on clubfoothead because he says good riddance to the kid... Bottome line is this, you commit suicide then you are a piece of crap selfish bastid of a human.  flip people that are that weak.  Its the worlds way of cleaning itself of scum.  That kid was healthy, and came from a privlidged family.  I know many people who have had it a lot harder than him, and got through it. Kids who's parents abandoned them, born with cystic fybrosis, and born without limbs.  Its called life, and that kid was a total failure.  I feel bad for the Dungy family, but it doesnt make me feel the least bit sad to know that a weak peice of trash has been taken out.  Yeah, yeah, yeah, go ahead and delete my post.

1232846[/snapback]

Club deserves the chit he receives for his post. At least he is a well respected member of these forums who may get a pass. I wonder how you would feel if this was your kid :D

Oh and ninja's kick pirates ass every time. :D

I think after a few thousand reads, this post can stay quiet now.

It was a tragedy to be sure on many levels and I think our hearts go out to the Dungy family in what is an somewhat unimagineable situation that has happened to their family.

There is no need to make assumptions or speculate any further. It is indeed a sad event in what is usually a happy time of year and what should have been a zenith for Tony Dungy.