[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Champions Sign In

Go Skins

I'm curious as to how many people had Larry Johnson on their rosters and won their league's Super Bowl. (I assume most are finished by now...) I'm in three leauges, and all three of them (including one of my own teams) had Larry Johnson down the stretch as their #1 RB (in my case, I acquired him by trade JUST before Priest went down...)

Larry's projected stats would be something disgusting like 2,500 yds, and 33 TD's (I can't remember exactly) if he started all 16 games. (And having those stats over 8 games is still money...)

So holla with who your Super Bowl MVP was/is. Was it Larry, or someone else?

Will Larry be #1 next year, if Priest doens't return.... hmm.....

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The RBs on my championship team were:

J.J.Arrington

T.Bell

C.Benson

B.Jacobs

G.Jones

W.Parker

E.Shelton

F.Taylor

R.Williams

I left all of them on the bench except Ricky Williams in my SB (started only 1 RB).

So not only was Larry Johnson not a factor ... none of my RBs finished in the overall top 70 players. Willie Parker finished the highest at 73rd overall and 20th amoung the RBs.

The RBs on my championship team were:

J.J.Arrington

T.Bell

C.Benson

B.Jacobs

G.Jones

W.Parker

E.Shelton

F.Taylor

R.Williams

I left all of them on the bench except Ricky Williams in my SB (started only 1 RB).

So not only was Larry Johnson not a factor ... none of my RBs finished in the overall top 70 players.  Willie Parker finished the highest at 73rd overall and 20th amoung the RBs.

1238435[/snapback]

Wow, very nice... who were your WR's?? And how did you only start one RB? Do you do "West Coast Offense" allowed??

Wow, very nice... who were your WR's??  And how did you only start one RB?  Do you do "West Coast Offense" allowed??

1238437[/snapback]

We start 1 QB, 1 PK and no defense

We allow the following flex lineups:

1 RB / 5 WR / 1 TE

2 RB / 4 WR / 1 TE

2 RB / 3 WR / 2 TE

Obviously I was very solid at WR with:

SSmith

ABoldin

JGalloway

TJHoushmandzadeh

EMoulds

Roy Williams

In addition I hit the bank with Carson Palmer at QB and Rackers at PK.

I made the finals in the biggest ($225 a team) cash league I play in. I was down by 35 points with only Dillion and are you ready for this, Vrabel (we use IDP's, but if they score any TD's on kick/punt returns or on offense you get the TD pts (6), but no yardage). Dillion got me 19 & Vrabel 17. I won ($600) by 1 point

:D

My Roster:

T. Green (Used Dellhome about 1/2 the year also)

LT :D

Dillion

Foster (Flex)

Moats (Flex)

Chad Johnson

McCardell

T. Glenn

J Wilkins

(We use 5 IDP's)

Trotter

Vrabel

D. Johnson

M. Greenwood

O. Thurman

Edited by Hop Devil

I won my leagues superbowl..and My rb's were...

Tiki Barber

Thomas Jones

LaMont Jordan

and

Ricky Williams (started in superbowl)

1238495[/snapback]

Were you able to start all 4 of those at once? What kind of rules allow you to start 4 Rb's? (Just curious, my league is always looking for ways to improve, i.e. one guy brought being allowed to start the "west coast," offense, 1 Rb, and 4 WR's....)

Were you able to start all 4 of those at once?  What kind of rules allow you to start 4 Rb's?  (Just curious, my league is always looking for ways to improve, i.e. one guy brought being allowed to start the "west coast," offense, 1 Rb, and 4 WR's....)

1238504[/snapback]

no...we culd only start 3...those were just the 4 that were on my roster for the year.

I've won 1 of 2 so far, with a chance at winning the other two -- for three out of four championships ... and LJ was/is on the roster in three out of four ... and yes, those lists align!!

The league I couldn't acquire LJ in was the 14 teamer where I drafted Deuce first and then traded for Jamal in the preseason ... managed to finish 3rd thanks to well timed waiver wire miracles like Gado and Gore ...

Won my 3rd championship in 10 seasons this year and my roster for the championship game was Palmer, LJ, Cadillac, Holt, R. Moss, Fitzgerald, Witten, Feely, Broncos Def.

Gotta thank Huddle for all the info they put out each week because last season I became the first ever 2 time champion in the 11 year history of this league and now this year became the first ever 3 time champion and also the first team to ever successfully defend his title from the previous season. Not a keeper league either, it's a full redraft every year, but some swift waiver moves and a fairly one sided trade in my favor paid off big for me. That trade consisted of me sending Brady, McAllister, & Andre Johnson to another team for Palmer & Holt. Anyway, you gotta love all the info that thehuddle supplies each week. It does help out.

I'm curious as to how many people had Larry Johnson on their rosters and won their league's Super Bowl.  (I assume most are finished by now...)  I'm in three leauges, and all three of them (including one of my own teams) had Larry Johnson down the stretch as their #1 RB (in my case, I acquired him by trade JUST before Priest went down...)

Larry's projected stats would be something disgusting like 2,500 yds, and 33 TD's (I can't remember exactly) if he started all 16 games.  (And having those stats over 8 games is still money...)

So holla with who your Super Bowl MVP was/is.  Was it Larry, or someone else? 

Will Larry be #1 next year, if Priest doens't return.... hmm.....

1238428[/snapback]

In both my locals, LJ was on the roster of the Champ.