[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Whos gonna win the NFC

Seahawk37

What team will win the NFC Championship  

101 members have voted

1. 1. What team will win the NFC Championship

• Cowboys
    • Bucs
    • Panthers
    • Giants
    • Seahawks
    • Bears
    • Redskins

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My pick before the season was the Panthers, but, now I have to go with the Seahawks. As for the Bears, I know they were missing a couple of players, but, after seeing what the Steelers were able to do to that defense, I just don't see them doing it this year. I think they are still a year away. I think the Redskins and Panthers are dangerous if in the playoffs, but in the end, I think we are going to see Seattle vs. Indy unfortunately :D

My pick before the season was the Panthers, but, now I have to go with the Seahawks.  As for the Bears, I know they were missing a couple of players, but, after seeing what the Steelers were able to do to that defense, I just don't see them doing it this year.  I think they are still a year away.  I think the Redskins and Panthers are dangerous if in the playoffs, but in the end, I think we are going to see Seattle vs. Indy unfortunately  :D

1241943[/snapback]

Rarely do you see the top two seeds make the Super Bowl.

The Steelers did run over the Bears but that was the first bad game the defense played in 9 weeks. It was also on the road. If the Bears play the Seahawks on the road, there is no doubt they will be tested but I think the Bears can squeak out that win. I think Pittsburgh is still a better team than Seattle and I am glad we don't have to face anyone like that in the NFC.

1242007[/snapback]

It hasn't happened since 1993, when the top seeded Bills played the top seeded Cowboys.

It also happened in 1991. Bills and Redskins.

That's it for the current play-off format, adopted in 1990.

It happened in:

1989 Broncos and 49ers

1984 Dolphins and 49ers

1983 Raiders and Redskins

1981 Bengals and 49ers

So in 27 years, it has happened 6 times, but only twice in the last 14 years.

Edited by CaptainHook

The road goes thru Seattle- they have a HUGE advantange. Since alot of Seattle's games were not televised nationally, alot of you did not probably see them play at home. They have THE BEST outdoor homefield advantage BY FAR, it is not even close, and the bottom line is- they do not lose there. It is a college atmoshpere, and the loudest stadium in the league. So, as long as Seattle keeps playing the way they have been- they are a big favorite- End of Story- that being said, they can alwyas come out flat and crap the bed- but I don't see it happening- The teams that have the best shot- Wash, Carolina, NYG IMO.

The Bears?? Please- they are not gonna come in to Seattle and win- Grossman?? how about 10 false starts and 3 int's that rookie has no shot to win an NFC Championship game on the road in Seattle- :D

The Skins can be tough, if Eli gets it together, so can the Giants- Carolina was tough earlier- now they look soft as hell. NFC is real open- but someone is going to have to come into Seahawk stadium and win a game- I just do not see it.

The Bears?? Please- they are not gonna come in to Seattle and win- Grossman?? how about 10 false starts and 3 int's that rookie has no shot to win an NFC Championship game on the road in Seattle-  :D 

1242537[/snapback]

Note to self:

If - just if - the Bears do go to Seattle and win, resurrect this post.

Didn't Seattle lose at home against the Rams last year in the playoffs? They haven't lost this year during regular season but the playoffs are another story. Hasselbeck doesn't play well in big games and against good defenses in general.

1242545[/snapback]

Last year, New England and Philadelphia made it to the super bowl. :D

The Steelers did run over the Bears but that was the first bad game the defense played in 9 weeks. It was also on the road. If the Bears play the Seahawks on the road, there is no doubt they will be tested but I think the Bears can squeak out that win. I think Pittsburgh is still a better team than Seattle and I am glad we don't have to face anyone like that in the NFC.

1242007[/snapback]

I am a bit worried about the D, they have had some bad tackling the last 2 out of 3 games.

Last year, New England and Philadelphia made it to the super bowl.   :D

1242779[/snapback]

And New England will make it this year. Either way, one's play is somewhat fluid year to year. I've said it twice now and I'll say it again: Hasselbeck isn't a great big game QB. Even against solid defenses he struggles. The Bears have more than a solid defense. He still needs to prove something in the playoffs.

Edited by Goopster24

I've said it twice now and I'll say it again: Hasselbeck isn't a great big game QB. Even against solid defenses he struggles. The Bears have more than a solid defense. He still needs to prove something in the playoffs.

1242819[/snapback]

Better watch out. Bushwacked might throw a temper tantrum. :D

Swerski, don't try and reason with this Kate Middleton but you know that already.

This is the same guy that's going to root for Puerto Rico in the Baseball World Games or whatever it's called because his favorite pitcher on the Mariners (of course) is on Puerto Rico.

1241937[/snapback]

PUERTO RICO! PUERTO RICO! PUERTO RICO!

I picked Seattle only because of home field. I think the way the Skins are playing right now, they could give any team a fight for the NFC. My Giants, maybe in a couple years. There's just a couple things they need to get done first. You can get into the play-offs with the way Manning is playing but you can't win. He'll settle down but, he needs more time. The DEf. secondary is just giving up too much. Eli isn't ready to have the game put on his shoulders and win. If the secondary plays the way they have the past few games, Eli can't produce what they'll need to win.