[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Did we witness the greatest game of all time

Sgt. Ryan

BTW, USC had the ball last in Texas territory and lost.    And had USC got 2 yards on 4th down, they win.  So the Texas defense wasnt totally helpless as you claimed.  Hmm, I guess  there went that logic.

Texas came back from 12 down with 5 minutes left, when they hadnt stopped SC the whole second half.  There were (2) 4th down plays, Texas stopped USC on one and made 4th and 5 on the other.  How is that not suspense.  Its obvious you are very biased, or simply watched a different game than everyone else. 

I dont know about you, but I didnt think the OSU Miami game was that good.  Sure it went to OT, but that was the lone bright spot in my memory. Last nights game was the greatest Ive ever seen, compared to the Miami - OSU game in which I thought, man, Magahees draft status is shot, that was a bogus PI penatly, and Clarett really is a thug.  What in this game even came close to what we witnessed last night.  And under dog won, an under dog whose coach is a lying, cheatin crook, and best player is a liar, cheat, and criminal and that is before he left OSU, and soon to be felon.  Sorry, it aint even close in my view, but to each his own.

1251956[/snapback]

Had to cature this post before you deleted it, just so everyone could see what a f'ing idiot you are :D

I know you are a recent Texas Homer wanna be, but aside of that, i think the best two games i've ever seen are the ones where LSU and USC BIIATCH slapped the MOST over-rated college football team in history. White was the biggest joke of a QB i've ever seen , and you have pictures of him by your nightstand :D

Edited by theeohiostate

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just a difference of opinion sarge. And name calling Ohio States program is kinda like the pot calling the kettle black. Theres a reason Jokelahoma was a true joke in the 90's. Barry Switzer even said that the only difference between College and the NFL, is that in the NFL there is a salary cap. It seems that you're the one that is biased, and once again neglect to remember that the OSU-Miami game shoulda never even been in overtime due to the PI no call on Miami in regulation that would have sealed it for Ohio State. And I don't care what anyone says about the "Bogus" PI call, seems to me, if you have a handful of a guys jersey, and don't even really look like you're going for the ball, it seems that would qualify as Pass Interference. And yeah, Texas defense was helpless the entire 2nd have, as USC was doing whatever they wanted. They stopped them on 4th and 2, after Reggie Bush made his 2nd bonehead move of the game by running out of bounds and stopping the clock. I still say they shoulda played the percentages and punted, but they didn't. Texas stopped them, and the USC defense, like the Texas defense couldn't stop 1 play, and 1 player. It was a great game, but it's my opinion (Thats what this thread is about) that it isn't the best game of all time, much less the best game I've ever seen. So with all of that said, I say congratulations to Texas, but more importantly, congrats to Vince Young. The One Man Team. Oh and sarge, do you still think Texas is MORE than just Vince Young? Looked to me like if Texas didn't have Young, they woulda suffered a similar fate to your Sooners. And why don't you truly let everyone know how little you know about college football, and tell me one more time who was better, USC in 04' or Oklahoma in 04'? Just so everyone can see you say it again. Imagine Texas with Buckle Knees White at the helm.

Had to cature this post before you deleted it, just so everyone could see what a f'ing idiot you are  :D

1251965[/snapback]

Why woud I delete the most honest Post Ive ever posted. Sorry Pal, that is the facts, and you look like a complete tool for even arguing against it.

Here's to Sarge :D The biggest Texas supporter in the forum.

:D Fool :D

1251969[/snapback]

First off I do not support Texas. Second they just won the National Championship so if for some reason I did support them, which I dont, that wouldnt make me a fool. They unfortuantely are on top of the college world, and my Sooners are their girlie, this yr anyway. But so is OSU, USC and every other college football team.

It's just a difference of opinion sarge. And name calling Ohio States program is kinda like the pot calling the kettle black. Theres a reason Jokelahoma was a true joke in the 90's. Barry Switzer even said that the only difference between College and the NFL, is that in the NFL there is a salary cap. It seems that you're the one that is biased, and once again neglect to remember that the OSU-Miami game shoulda never even been in overtime due to the PI no call on Miami in regulation that would have sealed it for Ohio State. And I don't care what anyone says about the "Bogus" PI call, seems to me, if you have a handful of a guys jersey, and don't even really look like you're going for the ball, it seems that would qualify as Pass Interference. And yeah, Texas defense was helpless the entire 2nd have, as USC was doing whatever they wanted. They stopped them on 4th and 2, after Reggie Bush made his 2nd bonehead move of the game by running out of bounds and stopping the clock. I still say they shoulda played the percentages and punted, but they didn't. Texas stopped them, and the USC defense, like the Texas defense couldn't stop 1 play, and 1 player. It was a great game, but it's my opinion (Thats what this thread is about) that it isn't the best game of all time, much less the best game I've ever seen. So with all of that said, I say congratulations to Texas, but more importantly, congrats to Vince Young. The One Man Team. Oh and sarge, do you still think Texas is MORE than just Vince Young? Looked to me like if Texas didn't have Young, they woulda suffered a similar fate to your Sooners. And why don't you truly let everyone know how little you know about college football, and tell me one more time who was better, USC in 04' or Oklahoma in 04'? Just so everyone can see you say it again. Imagine Texas with Buckle Knees White at the helm.

1251997[/snapback]

Facts are you were wrong about several things about the game. The team with the ball last did not win, the defense who held the other won, which crushed that BS statement as well, and tell me what Im wrong about the OSU program. Clarett and Tressell brought scandal to the university that the AD stepped down. There was a cover-up in place and the AD knew the Athena was going to hit the fan. Clarett is a thug, he lied about stolen property, got cars and special treatment including passign grades for classes he did not pass, he is now out of the NFL because he has no talent, and on his way to being a felon. Id say those facts are undeniable.

Stoops as a player was average at best, that is why he went to Iowa. But as a Coach he learned the ropes from Spurrier and Snyder at other programs, and would never go back to Iowa unless he was fired and couldnt get another job. Neither is likely, so his roots are from Iowa, but is success is at OU.

Im done talking about Texas, I cant stand the Whorns, but that game was incredible.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

Oh and sarge, do you still think Texas is MORE than just Vince Young? Looked to me like if Texas didn't have Young, they woulda suffered a similar fate to your Sooners. And why don't you truly let everyone know how little you know about college football, and tell me one more time who was better, USC in 04' or Oklahoma in 04'? Just so everyone can see you say it again. Imagine Texas with Buckle Knees White at the helm.

1251997[/snapback]

I saw an incredible amount of Texas receivers wide open ten yards in every direction on more than half of those pass completions. Young doesn't run the routes, he found the open men - and there were a LOT of them.

I saw an incredible amount of Texas receivers wide open ten yards in every direction on more than half of those pass completions. Young doesn't run the routes, he found the open men - and there were a LOT of them.

1252995[/snapback]

Yep, we had to cover for poor cornerback play all year long with superior D-line and L-backers getting to the QB, or with corner blitzes. Or, of course, with superior offensive production. Against a good passer/great runner with darn good O-line, we couldn't do it consistently. Young wasn't seriously pressured all night, so he got to throw and run at will - very hard for me to watch.

Even so, 6 inches more and USC wins this game on the strength of its offense. (Why didn't LenDale bounce it outside, when Kirtman had #4 blocked out there?? ARGH) But it was someone else's turn, and I'm still proud of our boys' 3 year run...

This game was a great game, but USC did everything in their power to lose the game, and Carroll was horrible going for it on 4th and 2

If that were Tressel, we'd have punted the ball inside the 10 and walked away with the trophy.

1249113[/snapback]

If you do not think that going for it on 4th and 2 was USC best chance of winning the game (at that point), then IMO you know very little about football, or did not really watch the game. There were 90,000 people in the stands, and I believe that about 90% of realized that going for it was the best thing USC could have done.

And if Tressel had been coaching against either one of those two offenses on that day, any decision we made in the 4th quarter would have been irrelevant, because he would have been down by 3 or 4 touchdowns.

I would very objectively qualify it is not only the greatest game played, but across all sports ever played in this or any other dimension of time by humans or any other species.

1249943[/snapback]

I am thinking that some of those Mayan games where the losers all got there heads cut off were pretty exciting. I would think that having your head cut-off would be a pretty good motivator. However, I was at the game, and I know for a fact that the memory of it will be one of the things I think about on my death bed.

Your schtick is getting old.  Can you honestly say that you think that Texas wouldn't have scored anyway?  What about the interception that they didn't give us?  That actually would have kept USC from scoring.  Stop being a bitter little b[b

1250755[/snapback]

He is just pissed becuase he lost $50 bucks to me, and now he is going to have to eat Mac n Cheese all month.

rbm - have my new avy yet?  We didn't say how long it needs to stay on, did we?  Oh well, I can take it like a man...

1253081[/snapback]

Was it an avitar bet, or a sig line bet? I have not even thought about it, but I will get something going. Do you have my $100? :D My total cash winnings were about $1,500. The darn missed extra point cost me another $400. However, if I had to, I would have given up all of the money for the win.

Was it an avitar bet, or a sig line bet?  I have not even thought about it, but I will get something going.  Do you have my $100?  :D  My total cash winnings were about $1,500.  The darn missed extra point cost me another $400.  However, if I had to, I would have given up all of the money for the win.

1253102[/snapback]

Oh yeah, it was a sigline. And yes, you should get your $ by tonight...

:D

How many Texas Homers would be thinking it was the best game they ever saw, had the refs not screwed USC and gave VY the TD and USC had won?

1250741[/snapback]

That's bullmanure. Let's assume for a moment that his knee was down and the ref.s reverse the call. That automatically means Texas doesn't score anyway?

Let's assume for a moment that his knee was down

1253407[/snapback]

There's no assumption needed to be made, unless of course you didn't see the game or your blind. :D

The fact is there was a good chance that Texas may have only gotten a FG attempt out of it, those the assume it would have been a TD are not seeing the fact the Texas was held to 3 FG attempts, 2 good and 1 miss throughout the game. Why give them the TD when it was obvoius they didn't earn it?

Facts are you were wrong about several things about the game.  The team with the ball last did not win, the defense who held the other won, which crushed that BS statement as well, and tell me what Im wrong about the OSU program.  Clarett and Tressell brought scandal to the university that the AD stepped down.  There was a cover-up in place and the AD knew the Athena was going to hit the fan.  Clarett is a thug, he lied about stolen property, got cars and special treatment including passign grades for classes he did not pass, he is now out of the NFL because he has no talent, and on his way to being a felon.  Id say those facts are undeniable.

Stoops as a player was average at best, that is why he went to Iowa.  But as a Coach he learned the ropes from Spurrier and Snyder at other programs, and would never go back to Iowa unless he was fired and couldnt get another job.  Neither is likely, so his roots are from Iowa, but is success is at OU. 

Im done talking about Texas, I cant stand the Whorns, but that game was incredible.

1252920[/snapback]

Yeah, Stoops learned from Snyder... oh imagine that, a Hayden Fry disciple, who coached at Iowa. Spurrier needed someone who could stop the option after Florida got humiliated by Nebraska. Stoops learned the ropes from Fry as a player AND a coach, and then turned Floridas defense into something respectable. It's funny how little you know about your own coach.

So, your point is...??   They automatically would have scored?

They held Texas to 3 FG attempts in similar situations throughout the game.

What's your point here?

1253480[/snapback]

I don't know if they would have scored a TD or not, personally I think they would have (clearly my opinion). However, you can't assume they wouldn't have ... just as I can't assume they would have ... however, I think we can both agree they'd have walked away with at least 3.

There's no assumption needed to be made, unless of course you didn't see the game or your blind.  :D

The fact is there was a good chance that Texas may have only gotten a FG attempt out of it, those the assume it would have been a TD are not seeing the fact the Texas was held to 3 FG attempts, 2 good and 1 miss throughout the game. Why give them the TD when it was obvoius they didn't earn it?

1253491[/snapback]

I saw the play ... and you let the announcers convince you. I think it was close enough, i.e. the ball may have been coming out of his hand just before his knee was down, that it may not have been reversed. It has to be incontrivertable evidence to over turn the call ... I didn't see Carroll calling for a replay.

Edited by Grits and Shins

Yeah, Stoops learned from Snyder... oh imagine that, a Hayden Fry disciple, who coached at Iowa. Spurrier needed someone who could stop the option after Florida got humiliated by Nebraska. Stoops learned the ropes from Fry as a player AND a coach, and then turned Floridas defense into something respectable. It's funny how little you know about your own coach.

1253510[/snapback]

Fry was a puppet at Iowa the last 10 yrs he was there, just as Joe pa and Bowden are today. That is a fact. I know plenty about the Sooner coach, but really before he got here, I could care less what he did. Stoops first and only head coaching job came at OU, and he already has more National Championships than Fry and Snyder combined as a Head Coach and the same as Spurrior who wouldnt have any if Stoops didnt come toFla to coach their defense. How is that for knowing my coach.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

Yeah, again, your program was worse than Iowas in the 90's, until the Iowa boy came and showed you what a little WORK ETHIC can do for you, something he learned from Hayden Fry and brought to Kansas State (with Bill Snyder who built kansas state who was the WORST program in the entire nation before he took the reigns) and Florida. Like it or not Sarge, your program was built because of philosphies passed on from Hayden Fry to Bob Stoops. It's all about work ethic, something Oklahoma forgot about.