[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

RB's that will change teams in 2006

phootballphreak

This is not a debate on weather Lamont is worthy of being drafted or any of the other past posts about his value.

I am just looking to start a thread on which RB's will change teams for the 2006 season and the impact/potential they will have.

I will be keeping my eye on Maurice Morris from the Seahawks. Contract expires this year and will be looking for a starting job somewhere. He had a very nice career at Oregon and is well respected by the Seahawks.

"I don't think a lot of teams around the league know about Maurice Morris, and he's an exceptional back himself,” said FB Mack Strong.

Anyone else have players they will be watching???

Ricky Williams...maybe. But I don't think any free-agent RB will become a feature back next year.

1252449[/snapback]

I'm assuming you're saying that Alexander and Edge stay where they are and that Priest (if he comes back) stays in KC. What about the GB FA RB's (Green, Davenport)?

I'm assuming you're saying that Alexander and Edge stay where they are and that Priest (if he comes back) stays in KC.  What about the GB FA RB's (Green, Davenport)?

1252537[/snapback]

Alexander and Edge are already feature backs.

Edge walks away as a free agent.

The Colts draft a back or sign a FA, and go RBBC with Rhodes until the new guy demonstrates he can handle the full load. Rhodes is not an every down back in the NFL. He gets hurt too much and fumbles too much.

I'm torn, as I'd love to have a feature back under Fox, but I would like to see Foster get the start from week 1-just to finally see, but the injury bug just scares me, and I would like to have the cupboard full and not bare.

1252902[/snapback]

you bite your filthy toungue. Foster cannot be the starter next year. he's terrible. he saw enough this year. he's a dirty stinking communist...moving right along...

I see Ricky Williams, Davenport and even A. Green on the move. I'm predicting R. Williams to CAR where he blows it up...providing coach Fox can get a nice contract laced with clauses to deal with any off the field issues...and that of course is assuming Fox will even accept him. I just think he proved himself this year.

you bite your filthy toungue. Foster cannot be the starter next year. he's terrible. he saw enough this year. he's a dirty stinking communist...moving right along...

I see Ricky Williams, Davenport and even A. Green on the move. I'm predicting R. Williams to CAR where he blows it up...providing coach Fox can get a nice contract laced with clauses to deal with any off the field issues...and that of course is assuming Fox will even accept him. I just think he proved himself this year.

1253067[/snapback]

Edge is 27, so he'll be in the mix, it should be interesting.

Ahman Green probably, if he can stay healthy. But then, as was posted earlier about Shaun Alexander and Edge, Ahman has already shown that he is a feature back.

I vote for Najeh Davenport to become a good fantasy back. I vote against Ontrerrio Smith and to a lesser extent, Ricky Williams.

Wow, Capt -- what makes you think Edge will be gone? I assume you have your reasons. You should share them.

As for the GB running backs, I'll say this once for everybody: CROSS AHMAN GREEN OFF YOUR CHEAT SHEETS NOW! First of all, he looked like ass this year and most of last year when he was "healthy". Secondly, he tore the ligament that attaches the thigh muscle to the knee. Apparently, it won't be healed until August, which means he won't be able to run until then, which means he'll be WAY out of football shape in September, which means he might not even be on an NFL roster next year.

Davenport hasn't done enough with his limited opportunities to convince a team to make him their feature back. Jordan was a backup for four years and had several games with extended carries. Plus, Davenport is coming off an injury. My guess: he'll sign a modest deal with a power running team as the backup RB.

I can't see Ahman Green doing anything next season anywhere.

1254300[/snapback]

me either. he might make a comeback but i really doubt it. He would probably be best kept on GB as a backup to Gado or somebody, since i'm predicting Davenport gone.

Wow, Capt -- what makes you think Edge will be gone? I assume you have your reasons. You should share them.

1253763[/snapback]

Mainly interviews I've heard with Polian. To get Edge signed, the CBA has to get done. It's not going well. Plus, look at what Polian did with Marshall, although Faulk was going to hold out if he didn't get his deal re-done. Just a feeling at the moment.

If the CBA gets done, or if the Colts win the SB are the only two scenarios I see Edge returning.

A couple things -

1. I see Ricky williams being a big time back somewhere next year - not Miami.

2. Also - I disagree with the fine captain in his assessment of Rhodes. He may get hurt some, but so do lots of backs. Assuming he could stay healthy, I honestly do think he would put up outstanding numbers in the Colts offense.

A couple things -

1. I see Ricky williams being a big time back somewhere next year - not Miami.

2. Also - I disagree with the fine captain in his assessment of Rhodes. He may get hurt some, but so do lots of backs. Assuming he could stay healthy, I honestly do think he would put up outstanding numbers in the Colts offense.

1255412[/snapback]

Rhodes can't even stay healthy as a part time player/kick returner.

Davenport hasn't done enough with his limited opportunities to convince a team to make him their feature back. Jordan was a backup for four years and had several games with extended carries. Plus, Davenport is coming off an injury. My guess: he'll sign a modest deal with a power running team as the backup RB.

1253763[/snapback]

I think Davenport has been fine when needed; his problem is he can't stay out of the training room.

Rhodes can't even stay healthy as a part time player/kick returner.

1255483[/snapback]

I guess my point is that I think the system makes Edge, not the other way around. Put Edge in another system and he wouldn't be anywhere near as good. Put another decent back in Indy's system however and that back would almost certainly put up big numbers.

I'm a Colts' fan but I just don't see Edge being irreplacable at all.

This offense is all about Manning. He on the other hand, is irreplacable.