[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thinking about Joe Gibbs

loaf

too lazy to google this for myself.

Has any other Coach gone against a father and son QB duo (not in the same year. that would be a record or something)?

Gibbs coached against Phil Simms and then tonight against Chris...just wondering. Or any other Father/Son combo, doesn't have to be QB...thanks!

The only other combo:

The Kemps.

I don't believe there are any other combo's out there.... but they only mentioned QB's.

1253352[/snapback]

did one Coach coach against both of the Kemps?

did one Coach coach against both of the Kemps?

1253365[/snapback]

Well crud.... I don't know. :D

If the game wasn't starting I would go find out.... lemme get back to you.... I will have my people call your people and we will do lunch.

Well crud.... I don't know. :D

If the game wasn't starting I would go find out.... lemme get back to you.... I will have my people call your people and we will do lunch.

1253371[/snapback]

:D

man was I drunk when I posted this...thanks for the research Sky!

I was really after which Coach has coached against a father/son combo. Like Gibbs has done with the Simms

1256739[/snapback]

Yeah.... but can't get there without this list. :D Gotta know who is who before you can coach against them.

Hope you didn't have a hangover the next day.

man was I drunk when I posted this...thanks for the research Sky!

I was really after which Coach has coached against a father/son combo. Like Gibbs has done with the Simms

1256739[/snapback]

Halas and/or Shula probably managed it somewhere down the line. Those guys coached for freakin' EVER.

The only other combo:

The Kemps.

I don't believe there are any other combo's out there.... but they only mentioned QB's.

1253352[/snapback]

The Mannings, Simms and Kemps.

Can't think of any others but I don't go back too far. Not many head coaches stay head coaches for 20+ years. I'm sure there are a few assistants and position coaches.

Shottenheimer may have faced both Simms' (Vermeil but I think he retired prior to Phil)

Reeves and Shula vs the Mannings and Shula vs the Kemps?

Edited by Zooty

Playoffs!

He didn't say playoffs

1256958[/snapback]

LOL

It was a pop-up during the game. Just afterwards loaf posted.....

Had to do with coaching against father son QB duos in the PO's.... and father son QB's duos IN the PO's.

As far as I know.... only the Kemps and Simms have been there. The Mannings are brothers.... dad didn't make it.

Then loaf added the father son.. any position part to it. But pretty sure we are still talking PO's only unless loaf has changed it.

Then loaf added the father son.. any position part to it. But pretty sure we are still talking PO's only unless loaf has changed it.

1256978[/snapback]

That opens it up a lot.

Hopefully no one has faced two Tutupus :D