[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Winning precentage

haywood

I was just wondering what the winning percentage for the home team is in the playoffs. I figure someone here either knows or knows where to find that info.

1254105[/snapback]

i dont think it will matter this year. This year road games winning % was way up from years before. Parity is rearing its pretty head in the NFL now.

I used to do this every year but didn't this time.

Overall, there is always one road team that wins in the wildcard round. Like 60-70% of the time. Occasionally two and on a rare year none, but almost always there is one road winner in the first week.

In the divisional round, usually it is all home teams win with no more than one road team winning if that.

In the conference championship round, there are a surprising amount of road teams that win one of the two games though I believe both home teams winning slightly is more likely. I do not recall in recent history where both home teams lost.

The odds that a team plays in the wildcard round and advances to the Superbowl is not good but it has been done. I believe the Raiders did it that one year.