[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

LenDale White to the Packers

Giants56

In the Goal Line Stand football column in the New York Post today, it was reported that a Packers source said they are enamored with LenDale White and that he won't make it past their pick.

Makes sense to me - would certainly put an end to Ahman Green's GB career and confirm that they are not sold on Gado as a feature back.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

makes sense for the future with Rogers and White, but Packers fans will be looking at a 4 or 5 win team for the next few years if they don't address the defense.

1254406[/snapback]

It's hard to address the defense with just one guy.

I don't know if there is an impact player of that level in the draft or not.

Usually you need to hit on your 2nd - 4th round picks to really improve your D.

Most of the eggspurts are saying that White is NOT an every down back. Maybe 15-18 touches a game but not a featured role kinda player.

1255212[/snapback]

...yet these same experts seem to think the smaller Reggie Bush is. :D

I wish they'd make up their minds.

Either way, with White, I'm assuming that he'd have Gado and at least one of Fisher, Davenport, Green, or Herron to help carry the load if necessary.

LenDale seems more like a prototypical NFL back to me than Bush. Of course, Bush has crazy speed and moves. Maybe the Lions will take him with their pick. :D With all this talk of QBs and RBs going early, the Lions are going to get a great WR! :D

Either way, with White, I'm assuming that he'd have Gado and at least one of Fisher, Davenport, Green, or Herron to help carry the load if necessary.

1255289[/snapback]

Green said Friday on Sirius NFL Radio that he wants to be back in the green and gold next year, whether it be one a one year deal or a long term deal, but he said that he would love to be a Packer for life.

Green said Friday on Sirius NFL Radio that he wants to be back in the green and gold next year, whether it be one a one year deal or a long term deal, but he said that he would love to be a Packer for life.

1255511[/snapback]

He's been saying that for awhile now; I doubt he'll be back unless he's willing to accept a short, cheap, incentive-laden contract. The market for backs in decline, with lots of touches, coming off a leg injury isn't what you'd call "robust."

Has White declared for the draft?  I thought I heard he intended to return to USC.

1255820[/snapback]

Might not be a bad idea for him. With Bush and Leinart moving on he could be the focus of the USC offense next season. Alternatively, he's coming off a very impressive performance in the Rose Bowl. His stock could be at an all-time high. Not sure what the RB class looks like next year and of course there is always the risk of injury.

Has White declared for the draft?  I thought I heard he intended to return to USC.

1255820[/snapback]

Might not be a bad idea for him.  With Bush and Leinart moving on he could be the focus of the USC offense next season.  Alternatively, he's coming off a very impressive performance in the Rose Bowl.  His stock could be at an all-time high.  Not sure what the RB class looks like next year and of course there is always the risk of injury.

1255829[/snapback]

It might also be wise for him to leave now since he will be the main focus next year. If he cannot handle it and has a terrible year, his stock could drop. I do not see the USC offense being as potent next year, with or without Lendale!

Sounds like someone wants the Jets to take Lendale at #4.  Why would you play your hand when a team directly in front of you needs a tailback worse than you.

1255200[/snapback]

First of all, the Jets do need a RB but they would be foolish to take Lendale at 4th pick while they so depserately need to upgrade their offensive line. If they pass on Debrickashaw Ferguson they are shooting themselves in the foot. It doesnt matter who is running behind that offensive line right now, its awful.

Having said that, this team has completely shot itself in the foot the past few years. Why draft Lamont Jordan if you werent going to let him be the heir apparent at RB? Boy it would be great to have him now. Cedric Houston is okay, but hardly a gamebreaker.

The team has drafted god knows how many DBs the past few years while ignoring their glaring O Line needs. letting Kareem Mackenzie go without an adequate replacement was awful and the rest of the line was aging (Fabini, Kendall, Mawae) and their are no adequate replacements.

Unfortunately, the Jets need to go 5-11 next year again in order to rebuild this mess. At least start right by getting a franchise LT that can anchor a line for the next 12 years. Lendale is going to be an excellent NFL back but the Jets need to first build the foundation.

1. White certainly looks more like a 25-carry RB than Bush does. In fact, the presence of Bush in COLLEGE is probably the only reason White didn't get 25 carries a game at USC.

2. That report hardly qualifies as the Packers "tipping their hand". First of all, it came from an anonymous source, so it means very little -- especially at this time of year.

3. The Jets will certainly take D. Ferguson at #4, if he's there. They probably won't even keep Jason Fabini next year and, if they do, they still want an upgrade at LT. They really like Adrian Jones at RT, though. Either way, it's not much of a secret that they're targeting Ferguson, since they know the Texans, Saints, and Titans won't be taking him.

4. It's a tough call, but I think I'd also prefer Deangelo Williams to White. I was definitely impressed by White in the Rose Bowl, since it was clear he had decent speed and great BURST, which a big RB needs in the NFL. Still, Williams has no real flaws, other than his height. His superior catching ability would help more in a WCO. Then again, if White drops his baby fat and runs a 4.4 in the spring, he's probably the better bet.

Personally I think the Packers made a mistake last year in drafting Rogers and should have addressed their O-Line needs.  They still need O-Line help.

1256356[/snapback]

Sure do, but good OG's can be had in the 2nd round, where they should have drafted one last year.

If you're the packers, why would you not want a guy like AJ Hawk or Mario Williams to shore up that defense. Hawk is the ticket IMHO, because run defense is where the Pack needs help the most.

The offense has plenty of players. They had injury problems this year, but the level to which they occurred was truly unusual. That led to Farve trying to force it and do everything himself, and to too many turnovers to overcome. They were something like 20th in points with losses of A Green, N Davenport, Gado, Fisher, Walker, Fergusen, Franks, and more. I would be less worried about the O and go for the D.