[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

CAR @ CHI

Nate Dawg

No doubt.....Its going to be a great game...probably the best of all season...with a good fight from both sides.

And noone has mentioned Urlacher...Anyone see him on the sidelines last game against the Vikings........he is itching to get out there and win.

Panther turnovers are going to be a problem......however I'm sure Lovie and the team will be prepared. The Panthers showed their cards, while the bears were home studying them.....Andddd the Panthers have very little to watch on "this" Bear team for prep.

I'm going to do my part and praying to the Winter Gods and hope its freezing and snowing.....something the Panthers will have trouble with.

Gooooooooo Bearssssssss!!!!!!!!!

13 - 10 Bears

Edited by Sweetlips

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bears 27 Carolina 13.

the panthers will be scratching there heads on how to stop Grossman, they are coming into Chicago with no respect for the bears. they don’t know rex's tendencies, they don’t have much film on him.

this bear offence is so much better since the time they have played each other.

my break down of the scoring

t.Jones 80, 1TD

C. Benson 20 yards

A Peterson 20 yards.

rex 240 yards 1TD

and a defensive score for the bears.

2 field goals.

S.Smith gets the only TD for the panthers.

good luck to both teams, may the best team win!

1256264[/snapback]

haha!!!! 27 points....oh man.... :D that's rich....Bruschi QBing apparently.

someone said bears -3...not sure though...i live in Vegas, i'm sure i'll hear it soon enough...i'd gladly take the points and CAR in this one.

1255427[/snapback]

According to Sheridan's line in USA Today, it is in fact Bears -3.

I don't typically bet, but I just may on this one. I like Carolina to win this one outright a bunch.

I don't typically bet, but I just may on this one. I like Carolina to win this one outright a bunch.

1257371[/snapback]

This situation with the betting line reminds me a lot of the situation with the wild card Ravens that won the Superbowl. I made a bundle that year taking the Ravens +3 every step of the way, and hitting moneyline bets, it was like taking candy from a baby. I could be wrong, but I'm smelling another nice Carolina hit this week.

I picked them to go to the Superbowl before the season started, I ain't jumping off the ship in Chicago.

I was at the game the last time they played. Despite the score, Chicago dominated them. Smith is the panthers only weapon. Taked him out of the game, and the Panthers are done. Foster will not run on the bears D. And don't forget, Grossman might not be an elite Qb, but he definetly can spread the field out better than Orton. So the bears should be able to get their running game going.

Bears 20-Carolina 13

I was at the game the last time they played. Despite the score, Chicago dominated them. Smith is the panthers only weapon. Taked him out of the game, and the Panthers are done. Foster will not run on the bears D. And don't forget, Grossman might not be an elite Qb, but he definetly can spread the field out better than Orton. So the bears should be able to get their running game going.

Bears 20-Carolina 13

1257384[/snapback]

Yeah the results in that game makes me nervous. But we are talking about a battle tested team in the Panthers. They have been there before. The Panthers underestimated the Bears the first time. There will be no such mistake the second. Low scoring game. I'll take my chances all day long with the 3 points.

Yeah the results in that game makes me nervous.  But we are talking about a battle tested team in the Panthers.  They have been there before.  The Panthers underestimated the Bears the first time.  There will be no such mistake the second.  Low scoring game.  I'll take my chances all day long with the 3 points.

1257386[/snapback]

I agree with this , if I was gonna bet this game I would bet it now because I expect this game to go down to about Bears - 1 1/2 by gametime.

If Chicago lives up to what everyone thinks they are on D, and Carolina plays the game they did this past weekend, we are looking at a 6-3 game. Which in my book could be a very entertaining game.

However..... I think we are going to see some mistakes on each teams part and the final score is going to be more like 17-13..... and right now I am not sure who will be on the winning side.

haha!!!! 27 points....oh man.... :D that's rich....Bruschi QBing apparently.

1257359[/snapback]

Well only 1 TD for rex, I got a defense score for the bears.

But my reasoning for the defensive score is because in the first game Delhomme got sacked 500 times, ok more like 8 but a lot. I think the game plan for the panthers in this game will be to get the ball out of his hands faster. And resulting in a quick defensive score.

1257371[/snapback]

when you look at this line its not that Vegas believes that the bears are 3 points better, I see a lot more people from Chicago placing there $$$ on the home team.

when you look at this line its not that Vegas believes that the bears are 3 points better, I see a lot more people from Chicago placing there $$$ on the home team.

1257627[/snapback]

Yeah, I don't know if the line will move a lot. There will be plenty of action on Chicago. It could bump down a half point.

some quotes from todays papers.

"For me personally, it's because this is the team that everybody picked to go to the Super Bowl," Ogunleye said Monday. "They're like a cat with nine lives. They continue to bounce back. And everybody continues to still give them, I think, more credit than they deserve."

"They get a lot of credit," Ogunleye said. "I just don't think they deserve that credit. They have to prove it. We proved it one time. All we have to do is do it again."

"We know we can beat them," Brown said. "I think they think they can beat us. But we know we can beat them."

Safety Mike Minter considered a question about stopping Bears running back Thomas Jones, who had 87 yards in the Bears' 13-3 win over Carolina, and decided it was a little silly.

"Do I think we can stop Jones?" Minter mused. "I believe we just stopped the second-best running back in the NFL (New York's Tiki Barber). If we can do that to him, I feel we can do that to anybody."

I personally like the mike brown quote.

All kidding aside this should be a real good game.

I don't get why people are so high on the Panthers against the Bears. The Bears destroyed them; the Panthers couldn't block our front four at all. They got Foster now which sorta worries me now but it isn't anything we haven't faced before. I think the Panthers are a solid team but the Bears have a better defense and a decent offense now with Grossman at the helm.

1254569[/snapback]

The Bears played a great game that day and showed the rest of the league that they were for REAL. I have a lot of respect for the team and especially their D which is definitely one of the best in the league. That said... let me rebut some of you comments.

Jake played a terrible game that day and threw two very bad picks to Vasher, one that he almost took to the house setting up the 3 yd. pass to Moose and than the 2nd one that set up the Gould FG to give the Bears a 10 pt. lead. Those two picks changed the complexion of the game. With the Bears playing so well and us trying to run unsuccessfully being in a hole we had to go to the passing game to move the ball. At that point the Bears D knew we were one dimensional and they could really bring it to pressure Jake and cause 8 sacks. A NFL has ebbs and flows and both Coach Smith and Coach Fox manage the game how the game unfolds. If you take the two picks out of the equation the score of the game without turnovers is 3 - 3. You team was great and definitely but a whopping on us an deserved the respect they earned that day. :D

I think this game will be completely different as I think that Jake will be much more careful with the ball and prevent us being put into a ten point hole before first 10 minutes of the game. I think the Panthers will have a hard time running the ball as well as we did against the Giants, but I do think we will be more effective to the tune of 70 - 85 yds from Foster to keep the Bears D more honest and prevent them from loading up on the pass rush. This should help our offense have more production moving the ball and should help us generate at least 14 - 20 points on the Bears. The Bears offense was about as effective as the Panthers offense that day and if this game is closer as I expect it to be, Grossman may be required to pass the ball more and that could lead to turnovers for the Bears and give the Panthers a few easy points that we were not able to muster in November.

Basically, these teams are very strong with their Ds and if the game plays out without significant turnovers on either side, I think the Panthers offense will be able to generate enough points to win the game. If we do not care of the ball, we will give the Bears offense a short field and help them score enough to win the game. Should be a great game.

My prediction is:

Panthers 20 - Bears 17

Man, this game just get's more and more intriquing, as if the Skins win, the Bears and Panthers will be playing for the right to host the NFC Championship. Peace PD.

1257682[/snapback]

I am hoping for that outcome so I can use the two playoff tickets that I have already paid for! Go Redskins!! :D

Bears will edge this one 20 - 13.  Carolina just put 23 points past the worst Giants performance I can recall seeing.  They ain't Indy.

1254503[/snapback]

Coach Fox does not try to put more points on the board if the team has a comfortable lead and is working on killing the clock. His goal to milk the clock and shorten the game when they have a big lead like they did on Sunday. He is NOT concerned by beating the Giants by 35 or 23 points, but simply winning the game. The Panthers had the ball at the one and ran the ball three straight times to continue to work the clock and then kicked the FG instead of trying to punch it in for the TD.

If they needed more points they would have been more aggressive and my guess is that we would have scored in the 30s, but it was not needed. Do not take the final score out of context of the flow of the game. Fox manages the game to win the game, NOT to score as many points as possible.

At that point the Bears D knew we were one dimensional and they could really bring it to pressure Jake and cause 8 sacks. 

1257949[/snapback]

Bear in mind that those 8 sacks went to the DL - all of them. The Bears didn't really bring the house, they brought four (actually six different DL guys if the DL rotation is considered) and those four overwhelmed the Panthers O-line.