[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

CAR @ CHI

Nate Dawg

Bear in mind that those 8 sacks went to the DL - all of them.  The Bears didn't really bring the house, they brought four (actually six different DL guys if the DL rotation is considered) and those four overwhelmed the Panthers O-line.

1257981[/snapback]

Valid point, but what I am trying to convey is the fact it is different when a lineman go flat out to get to the QB knowing he is dropping back each and every snap versus when he has to be concerned about run support and filling his gap to prevent a big gain.

If the Panthers are able to effectively run well enough to keep the DL honest, they will get between 3 - 5 sacks, but will not get 8 this time around. Keeping a DL honest is the key and we were NOT able to do that in the first game, but I think we will be able to do that this time. Maybe I am wrong again, but I think this game plays out completely different without the 10 pts spotted by Jake's bad decisions at the beginning of the game.

Edited by PSULions

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Valid point, but what I am trying to convey is the fact it is different when a lineman go flat out to get to the QB knowing he is dropping back each and every snap versus when he has to be concerned about run support and filling his gap to prevent a big gain.

If the Panthers are able to effectively run well enough to keep the DL honest, they will get between 3 - 5 sacks, but will not get 8 this time around.  Keeping a DL honest is the key and we were NOT able to do that in the first game, but I think we will be able to do that this time.  Maybe I am wrong again, but I think this game plays out completely different without the 10 pts spotted by Jake's bad decisions at the beginning of the game.

1257992[/snapback]

It's possible to run on the Bears, contrary to what some think. I don't think Foster is the guy to do it, though he was very impressive against the Giants.

I think it's most likely that the team scoring a TD first will win. The Bears do not chase well from behind due to their stunted offense (though Grossman will help that), but if they get ahead, they have the ability to stifle the opposition. Expect the Bears to come out super-aggressive to knock Jake off his game (if not out of the game) immediately.

I'm not sure there's much that can be done against Smith to neuter him completely but if he doesn't cross the goal line, I won't care. Sure he rolled up 165 yards or whatever last time out, which is great in FF terms but amounts to nothing in real football.

Well only 1 TD for rex, I got a defense score for the bears.

But my reasoning for the defensive score is because in the first game Delhomme got sacked 500 times, ok more like 8 but a lot. I think the game plan for the panthers in this game will be to get the ball out of his hands faster. And resulting in a quick defensive score.

1257595[/snapback]

okay, so you're predicting a rushing TD, a passing TD and DEF TD and 2 FGs? that would be the biggest output this year i think? against a CAR D, while not a BEARS D, is still top 5 this season, and definitely top 2 in Playoffs behind only CHI...i'm seeing CAR bring the pain...and while i'm not predicting a big time win, I'm still seeing a FG or maybe a TD game at the end of the day.

It's possible to run on the Bears, contrary to what some think.  I don't think Foster is the guy to do it, though he was very impressive against the Giants.

I think it's most likely that the team scoring a TD first will win.  The Bears do not chase well from behind due to their stunted offense (though Grossman will help that), but if they get ahead, they have the ability to stifle the opposition.  Expect the Bears to come out super-aggressive to knock Jake off his game (if not out of the game) immediately. 

I'm not sure there's much that can be done against Smith to neuter him completely but if he doesn't cross the goal line, I won't care.  Sure he rolled up 165 yards or whatever last time out, which is great in FF terms but amounts to nothing in real football.

1258014[/snapback]

i really disagree with this. If CAR scores the first TD, i see them winning, but if CHI scores first, it's truly no big deal for CAR. Jake plays his best from behind, with it all on the line. I can't even think of how many wins they have from a last minute TD from my holmes Delhommes. But if it CHI gets 2 TD's early, yah, it could get ugly. I just dont see it though. BEARS have NO WEAPONS on offense. Their RB's aren't even close to the RB Tiki is, so stopping the run should be easy and with our cover corners, the Moose will not be a factor, except in the redzone.

The problem this time, is we will NOT be able to convert on 3rd and 11 with a draw play. All those 3rd down conversions against NYG will not present themselves this time, so CAR needs to be more agressive and get 3-5 yards EVERY SINGLE play to keep moving the chains...

that is all :D

BEARS have NO WEAPONS on offense.

1259267[/snapback]

Thomas Jones 1335 yards 4.3 per carry (thats with 8-9 men in the box)

Cedric Benson 272 yards 4.1 a carry

Adrian Peterson 391 yards 5.1 per carry

Bernard Berrian is back he is the deep threat, this guy gets about 3-4 shots down the field. 18.9 yard per catch.

we all know Muhsin Muhammad, I'm kinda down on him this year. 750 yards 4 TDs, but that was with orton.

and the biggest factor, my man crush, Rex Grossman.

the bears are last in passing but 8th in rushing and 7th in YPA.

so with the additions of an avg passing game the rushing game will improve, and the bears D will be fresher.

also mike brown is back.

Edited by whitem0nkey

Thomas Jones 1335 yards 4.3 per carry (thats with 8-9 men in the box)

Cedric Benson 272 yards 4.1 a carry

Adrian Peterson 391 yards 5.1 per carry

Bernard Berrian is back he is the deep threat, this guy gets about 3-4 shots down the field. 18.9 yard per catch.

we all know Muhsin Muhammad, I'm kinda down on him this year. 750 yards 4 TDs, but that was with orton.

and the biggest factor, my man crush, Rex Grossman.

the bears are last in passing but 8th in rushing and 7th in YPA.

so with the additions of an avg passing game the rushing game will improve, and the bears D will be fresher.

also mike brown is back.

1259552[/snapback]

yes the bears have a strong running game, which helped them in the playoff hunt. But they also are in the NFC north so those numbers are little bubbled. But your point is taken.

However the CAR Run-D shouldn't have a problem stopping them, especially after what they did to Tiki. Really only Caddy and Julius Jones managed to run against them. (how they give Julius jones a 194 yrd day, i'll never know)

Rex is still a rookie, for all intents and purposes, but with him, they'll air it out more, (especially if they stop CHI's running game) which is great for CAR's cornerbacks. I see some serious turnovers.

The more i think about this game, the better i feel about it.

yes the bears have a strong running game, which helped them in the playoff hunt. But they also are in the NFC north so those numbers are little bubbled. But your point is taken.

However the CAR Run-D shouldn't have a problem stopping them, especially after what they did to Tiki. Really only Caddy and Julius Jones managed to run against them. (how they give Julius jones a 194 yrd day, i'll never know)

Rex is still a rookie, for all intents and purposes, but with him, they'll air it out more, (especially if they stop CHI's running game) which is great for CAR's cornerbacks. I see some serious turnovers.

The more i think about this game, the better i feel about it.

1260045[/snapback]

i cant wait till the game, and i wish your team luck.

it seems the people that are picking the bears are underestimating the panthers D, and the people picking the panthers are underestimating the bears O. and i do understand why they would underestimate the bears offense.

i cant wait till the game, and i wish your team luck.

it seems the people that are picking the bears are underestimating the panthers D, and the people picking the panthers are underestimating the bears O. and i do understand why they would underestimate the bears offense.

1260117[/snapback]

:D

it outta be a great game.

the more i think about it, i thought of a good way to screw the Panthers up...The CHI offense should come out throwing early. Quick passes to make CAR realize Grossman can be a factor in the passing game, open up the middle a little, and then Jones runs wild. :D could be a good way to do it, so long as Grossman can actually get the ball out there...