[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ben Roethlisberger vs. Eli Manning ?

Menudo

Who Would you rather have ?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who Would you rather have ?

• Ben Roethlisberger
    • Eli Manning

Good lord. I knew it was coming. My vote has officially changed. I voted for Ben. Your were right Menudo. You said nobody changes there mind? Well I have. NOW JUST SHUT THE HELL UP!!!

Edited by CaptainHook

Good lord.  I knew it was coming.  My vote has officially changed.  I voted for Ben.  Your were right Menudo.  You said nobody changes there mind?  Well I have.  NOW JUST SHUT THE HELL UP!!!

1255314[/snapback]

Trust me, you are one of the few who will do so. I got hammered so badly on that thread, I think I have the right to make this thread. :D

Good lord I am drunk, I had to backspace to correct my mistakes on ever word.

I'd rather have Big Ben.

I have no clue how Eli could possible be winning this poll right now.

1255365[/snapback]

Because I started the poll. No other reason.

Trust me, you are one of the few who will do so.  I got hammered so badly on that thread, I think I have the right to make this thread.  :D

Good lord I am drunk, I had to backspace to correct my mistakes on ever word.

1255329[/snapback]

You're absolutely entitled.

And I hate to change my mind at the drop of a hat, but Eli has been lousy ever since that last poll - not just today by any means. For Giants fans I would think it's kind of alarming, they cannot be nearly as excited as they were say at the midpoint of the season.

I changed my vote to Ben also, but it's close in my mind.

Funny stuff, I was thinking of this poll at times while watching the games today - was pretty sure you'd remember it too and post some sort of reference to it.

Edited by Easy n Dirty

I have changed my answer too after some thinking and Menudo's constant babble. You and Ben himself made me a believer Menudo.

Ben just can do so much more right now at this point in his career. Plus, I always like a QB who can escape the pocket. Eli is a sitting duck.

Good job Menudo. Congrats on the Steelers, one hell of a game. Beat up on those darn Colts!!!!

Is this even really a legitimate poll? I have not been around for a little while, but I have to think this is Menudo baiting the non-believers. You don't get a free ride just because your name is Manning. The remaining Manning will soon find that to be true. :D

Is this even really a legitimate poll?  I have not been around for a little while, but I have to think this is Menudo baiting the non-believers.  You don't get a free ride just because your name is Manning.  The remaining Manning will soon find that to be true.  :D

1255551[/snapback]

Week 12.

neither, Id take Vince Young right now over either of them.

1255567[/snapback]

I sure do like what I have seen but no way do I take a chance on a guy that has taken zero snaps in the NFL. I know you probably just tossed this out there but really I bet there are people that would do as you suggest. I know you are smarter than that.

On Wildcard weekend in 2002, Peyton Manning went 14 for 31 for 137 yards and 2 INTs in a 41-0 drubbing at the hands of the mighty and powerful New York Football Jets. That was Peyton's fifth year in the league. So, I guess you could say Eli is progressing quite nicely at this point in his career. He's actually three years ahead of Peyton in terms of getting spanked and looking like a complete fool in playoff games.

Extrapolating the data, one could argue that Eli will be threatening NFL passing records and the Giants will be an offensive juggernaut by 2008 - or even sooner since Eli seems to be further along the learning curve than Peyton was at this point in his career.

If you were to ask what QB I had to take for a game today, Big Ben hands down with his o-line. Manning looked pretty bad but, in his defence they're two totally different teams that they're playing for right now. Ben is definitely the better QB right now. I don't think there are any NY fans ready to give up on Eli. This was his first year as a starter and in some games this year he looked darn good. Hopefully he can build on that.

By the way, everyone had the Giants for 3-5 wins this season. They had a great season for what was expected of them and Eli was a big part of that. Give credit where it's due. Eli has looked like crap the past 4-5 weeks but, my bet is he bounces back.

If you were to ask what QB I had to take for a game today, Big Ben hands down with his o-line. Manning looked pretty bad but, in his defence they're two totally different teams that they're playing for right now. Ben is definitely the better QB right now. I don't think there are any NY fans ready to give up on Eli. This was his first year as a starter and in some games this year he looked darn good. Hopefully he can build on that.

By the way, everyone had the Giants for 3-5 wins this season. They had a great season for what was expected of them and Eli was a big part of that. Give credit where it's due. Eli has looked like crap the past 4-5 weeks but, my bet is he bounces back.

1255930[/snapback]

Please understand where I am coming from. I don't dislike Eli Manning, I think he is going to be a great QB. There was a poll started by somebody else about a month ago, asking which QB you would rather have. Eli won like 115-15. I was making arguments for Ben. I didn't mind that people picked Eli, but, some were downright brutal to me, saying I had no argument despite the fact that Ben has cleary outperformed Eli to this point in their careers. Since that poll was up, Ben has played extremely well, and Eli has not, so is this kind of an "I told you so" type of thing.....Absolutely, but, it doesn't change the fact that I think Eli will be a great QB, and I have no ill-will towards him. I already feel vindicated that a few people have admitted that they changed their mind. That is rare around these parts.

On Wildcard weekend in 2002, Peyton Manning went 14 for 31 for 137 yards and 2 INTs in a 41-0 drubbing at the hands of the mighty and powerful New York Football Jets.  That was Peyton's fifth year in the league.  So, I guess you could say Eli is progressing quite nicely at this point in his career.

Greeny made the same point this morning on his show. Well said. I was at the game yesterday, and it was extremely disappointing end to a solid season. However, Eli took great steps in his first full year. I expect nothing but more progress in 06. I'd take Eli.

Eli just led the Giants to there highest scoring season in team history and a playoff berth when they were expected to win at most 5 games this year. I'd say the kid is pretty good, but still has much to learn. His ceiling is much higher than Ben's. So, although Ben is a much better QB at this point in their respective careers, I'd take Eli for the entire career!