[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Does Cinn Win with Palmer?

H8tank

Do the Bengals win with Palmer Sunday night?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Do the Bengals win with Palmer Sunday night?

• Yes.
    • No.

Not really possible to say. Pitt did not prepare for Kitna at all. It sure did seem to me that once Pitt caught on to Kitna's actions, tempo, etc, it became a tilted game. Who is to say if they were better prepared to face Palmer or not? I'm sure some of you will say that prepared or not Palmer is so much better but I still think they did their homework for Palmer and not for Kitna.

I did not vote.

Edited by Skippy

We'll never know. I think that Pitt's superior D would have won out regardless, however, the Bengals came out of the gate on fire. On both sides of the ball. Some early success with the Palmer/Johnson duo would have put a different spin on that game.

Cinci definitely had a chance in that game with Palmer. Kitna was too rusty to pull off the upset, I think. Once the initial adrenalin wore off it was :D

Tough to say but once Palmer went down the life left the stadium,players and you could even see it on the face of Marvin Lewis.Not a Bengals fan but I really feel for that organization.What a terrible hand to be dealt in you first playoff game since 90.

Judging by the one pass he threw, I'd say he would have had more success moving the ball. That first drive also would much more likely have ended in a TD. I think the game would have been great. I don't think Palmer turns the ball over as many times as Kitna.

I've had to give myself a day to get over this loss - I'm talking Palmer. As soon as he went down I knew the game was over. Even with the score at halftime, I just knew Kitna couldn't pull it off especially with the D playing poorly.

With Palmer I like the Bengals chances at about 70/30.

This gave me flashbacks to Kenyon Martin of the Bearcats a few years ago when he broke his leg just before the NCAA tourney. :D

Yeah, I think they would have won with Palmer. It's unfortunate they had to go out like that, I think they would have made the AFC Championship game really interesting. But, as much as I hate to say it, everybody knew as soon as Palmer went down the Bengals season was over. Whether it was this week or next they wouldn't have had a chance without him. Watch out next year though, because if Indy loses some of their big pieces then I think Cincy will be the team to beat.

I feel bad for the Bengals fans that have waited for this moment since 1990. I wish we could've seen Palmer out there. I think he would've made it a great game coming right down to the last minute. You could see every player, coach and fan just let down after the injury. It sucks the best couldn't be out there after the season they had.

No.  Cincy's defense is awful.  Yes, their secondary has a couple of ball hawks, but they're pretty bad overall.  And it's not like Kitna played that poorly.  Pittsburgh is the more complete team, without or without Palmer.

1255745[/snapback]

Disagree. Kitna was terrible. He looked OK the first few series, but went downhill fast after that. Not that it's anything worth discussing, since it's purely speculative, but I think they win with Palmer. That entire team and that entire stadium got deflated when Palmer went down. He was arguably the AFC's best player, so losing him pretty much killed them imo.

My take is that PITT had a slower than usual time establishing the run, and while they were trying to do that, Palmer might've put a couple scores on the board whereas Kitna's mojo wore off quickly and made it more pressing that PITT start passing...Palmer still being in there mikght have made PITT play catch-up sooner than they would have liked. Who knows. All speculation.

Edited by msaint

No.  Cincy's defense is awful.  Yes, their secondary has a couple of ball hawks, but they're pretty bad overall.  And it's not like Kitna played that poorly.  Pittsburgh is the more complete team, without or without Palmer.

1255745[/snapback]

Personally I think Cincy probably wins but it's just a guess. It seemed like Kitna played well in the first half and pretty awful in the 2nd half.

Disagree. Kitna was terrible. He looked OK the first few series, but went downhill fast after that. Not that it's anything worth discussing, since it's purely speculative, but I think they win with Palmer. That entire team and that entire stadium got deflated when Palmer went down. He was arguably the AFC's best player, so losing him pretty much killed them imo.

1255757[/snapback]

That may have had something to do with Pitt's defense too Hugh. I think they blitzed him less in the 2nd half making it harder for him to find an open reciever. The Steelers were blitzing him in the first half and not getting to him allowing him enough time to find the open guy. JMO. I agee, it would have been a lot closer if Palmer were in, but the Steelers were pretty much moving the ball at will in the second half. It's unfortunate that Palmer got hurt. I would have liked to see the outcome if he would have played. Definetly would have been closer and may have come down to whoever had the ball last.

I feel for Palmer and the Bengal fans. They're saying he should be ready for training camp. I'm hoping so, as I hate to see any player sustain that type of injury.

That may have had something to do with Pitt's defense too Hugh.  I think they blitzed him less in the 2nd half making it harder for him to find an open reciever.  The Steelers were blitzing him in the first half and not getting to him allowing him enough time to find the open guy.  JMO.  I agee, it would have been a lot closer if Palmer were in, but the Steelers were pretty much moving the ball at will in the second half.  It's unfortunate that Palmer got hurt.  I would have liked to see the outcome if he would have played.  Definetly would have been closer and may have come down to whoever had the ball last. 

I feel for Palmer and the Bengal fans.  They're saying he should be ready for training camp.  I'm hoping so, as I hate to see any player sustain that type of injury.

1255790[/snapback]

While I don't disagree, and I certainly don't blame it all on Kitna, I think that entire team deflated when Palmer went down. You could see it in their eyes.

Bottom line is, it doesn't matter. It's over. Pittsburgh moves on, and Palmer gets surgery and 8 months of rehab.

It's over. Pittsburgh moves on, and Palmer gets surgery and 8 months of rehab.

1255793[/snapback]

Well said Hughey.

P.S. I hate when I agree with you. It sickens me. :D

Not gonna vote, 'cuz to "win" the vote won't help anything.

WOULD have won with Palmer? - No way to know (obviously). The DEF still sucked, although it would have been diff w/ Palmer scoring more, and not having the emotional drain of losing him.

COULD have won with Palmer? - Abso-f'n-lutley. To think his injury had no impact on the game is to be an idiot (although I like the term "f'n slow". Kudos Squeeg)