[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

WAS@SEA

Gdawg

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Despite rain in the forecast, I don't know that weather will be much of a deciding factor. Brunell was a Husky, so he is well acquainted with playing in the Seattle schlock, and the rain will effect both running games equally.

The rain is a drizzle here. It's dark and damp and ugly outside, with a bit of wind. Not saying it will be comfortable to play in, but there could be some fumbling action. And remember that the Hawks haven't had to play in the rain at home either.

On the face it appears that the 'Skins have a big advantage on defense, but the Seahawk's stifling red zone D (2nd in the NFL) evens things up a bit.

I truly believe that these 2 teams as a whole are pretty evenly matched, so much so that Home field advantage could be the deciding factor. As a matter of fact, IMO had the previous game been played in Seattle, the Hawks win it.

Make no mistake, after 2 straight "1 and done's," the 'Hawks want this game bad, while the Redskins, after a stellar end of season run, are tired and hurting. As such (I know, big surprise coming from me...) I predict the Hawks win 31-17.

1258449[/snapback]

I see a lower scoring blowout. 28-3 kind of game.

I also see a nail biter. 17-13 kind of game.

Either way, I can't see the Redskins coming in here and winning a game. I just can't fathom it. Not as a Seahawk fan, just as an observer of the game. Their offense is one dimensional, and stopping Hasselbeck's arm and Alexander's feet is a little different than Chris Simms and Cadillac Williams.

The Seahawk fan in me says if the Redskins come here and win on Saturday, there is no god, apple pie is bullshucks, and my mother hates me. It would be someone's sick joke to have the Hawks play the way they played this season and not be able to win ONE STINKIN' PLAYOFF GAME.

Is there a scenario where I see the Panthers coming in here and winning a game? Maybe. The Bears? Sure, I can see it happening. These Redskins? No way. The only logic there is to fall back on is the early season meeting and a six-game win streak. That's not enough to convince.

And remember that the Hawks haven't had to play in the rain at home either.

1259055[/snapback]

Au Contraire, GTS. It rained plenty during both the Dallas & NYG games. You need to get out to Qwest field more. :D

Is there a scenario where I see the Panthers coming in here and winning a game? Maybe. The Bears? Sure, I can see it happening. These Redskins? No way. The only logic there is to fall back on is the early season meeting and a six-game win streak. That's not enough to convince.

1259055[/snapback]

I actually feel just the opposite. With 22 years since the last one, winning that first playoff game feels to me like the big obstacle, & if they do that, they'll be no stopping them until Detroit.

Thugs?  Plural?  Sean Taylor is a punk.  He should have been suspended for spitting on Pittman, not just fined a measley (to him) 17K.  The NFL needs to get its head out of its a$$.

But enlighten me... who else is a thug?

1259007[/snapback]

You ever see Joe Gibbs not on decaf?

Every year we see a couple teams win in the wild card round that get talked up big-time, you hear about how "they've got the momentum", blah blah blah.

In the last 30 games of the 2nd round the home team is something like 27-3. You'd think that would bode well for the more talented team which also happens to be at home this weekend :D

Edited by Gdawg

I think this game is a great spot for Sea and will be tough for Wash to keep pace IMO. Sea is rested, rolling and at home. Skins D will have to have the game of their lives to hold the Sea offense in check. I see a fairly close game at the break, get opened up in the 3rd quarter and sealed in the 4th.

Sea 28

Wash 13

I see a fairly close game at the break, get opened up in the 3rd quarter and sealed in the 4th.

Sea 28

Wash 13

1259635[/snapback]

If history holds true to form, Homegrins will say whatever it is he says in the half-time locker room to have his team come out absolutely flat. At least 90% of the time this holds true. If Seattle comes out like that they will be in big time trouble.

I posted the following in another thread on Playoff Predictions:

"Seattle over Washington: I believe the Washington D will make it tough on Seattle and may give them a chance to keep the game close, but Seattle just has more weapons and better skill people in Hasselbeck and Alexander the Great, and an oustanding O-Line. Brunell and the Redskins offense looked horrible against TB."

section 143 here...... man you're not too far away from me at all. :D  there's a beer gardenv right behind my seats..... sky & bone have been there.... good place to meet. you should stop on by @ 1/2 time & we can pound a few cold ones. :D

1259723[/snapback]

I will be in my usual digs in 326, but will swing by "Frazia's Foyer" as usual for a halftime brew.

Yep, being a season ticket holder does have some benefits....

1258780[/snapback]

Hey, look at that. We're practically neighbors. I live out Avondale in Lake of the Woods East.

If you've got an extra playoff ticket you're cordially invited to the Super Bowl party at my place with my 100'' TV screen :D

Edited by proninja

Hey, look at that.  We're practically neighbors.  I live out Avondale in Lake of the Woods East.

If you've got an extra playoff ticket you're cordially invited to the Super Bowl party at my place with my 100'' TV screen  :D

1260291[/snapback]

Hey pro, I'm available for a SB party. I also live out off Avondale. What time should I come over? :D

And speaking from experience, the Frazia Foyer is an awesome place from which to watch the game. :D Just wish I'd had a free weekend to make it out there this season. :D

Hey pro,  I'm available for a SB party.  I also live out off Avondale.  What time should I come over?  :D

And speaking from experience, the Frazia Foyer is an awesome place from which to watch the game. :D  Just wish I'd had a free weekend to make it out there this season.  :D

1260462[/snapback]

Nice - how far out Avondale?

Nice - how far out Avondale?

1260656[/snapback]

Go out to the Safeway, turn right, then keep driving till you almost think you're in Duvall. Just off Old Woodinville-Duvall.

Seriously, when should I come over. :D All I have here right now is a 36" WEGA. Though I may be able to swing a decent HD system out of the wife now that the kitchen and bathroom are done. :D

If history holds true to form, Homegrins will say whatever it is he says in the half-time locker room to have his team come out absolutely flat. At least 90% of the time this holds true. If Seattle comes out like that they will be in big time trouble.

1259709[/snapback]

I think Sea history is.........history. This team is different, and confident, peaking at right time. Of course as a longtime Hawk fan I am nervous as hell, but looking at this matchup if the Hawks execute- they should be able to put Wash. away especially at home. Cannot wait for Sat.