[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

DeShaun Foster

Caveman_Nick

DeShaun Foster is one of those players that has been teasong us with his potential for several years running. This year he wasn't exactly a world beater in terms of fantasy production, but he was relatively healthy for the first time in his career and only missed one game due to injury.

How does this bode for next year? Will he continue to be Fragile Fred Jr., or do people think he will have a real break out as the featured back in Carolina next year? He has looked really good in the last 2 games.

Who is this Foster person you speak of? :D

Seriously.....

He is alternating current to me.... one game (or maybe two) he is a big time player.... then it is back to being dinged up or just playing well. On and off just doesn't cut it.

I know that some will have him fairly high so I would probably miss him on a late flyer as a 3rd or 4th RB on my roster. Just not ready yet to give him decent status.

DeShaun Foster is one of those players that has been teasong us with his potential for several years running.  This year he wasn't exactly a world beater in terms of fantasy production, but he was relatively healthy for the first time in his career and only missed one game due to injury.

How does this bode for next year?  Will he continue to be Fragile Fred Jr., or do people think he will have a real break out as the featured back in Carolina next year?  He has looked really good in the last 2 games.

1259440[/snapback]

Foster is a FA next year after finishing up his rookie contract. If he keeps playing the way that he is throughout the playoffs he is going to make himself some nice coin next year. From what I hear, it looks like the Panthers will definitely try to keep him, but it is not a done deal that he will be back with the Panthers next season if his asking price is more than they are willing to offer him.

Foster has the skills to be a top back and I think Davis is be released before March to open the door to have Foster be the "Man" for the Panthers assuming they are able to retain his services. :D

i know one thing as well as he played against Giants ( they were decimated with injuries and played terribly ) , i think Foster is in for a very long day this week against the bears ..a very long day

i can actually see Goings being more productive

1259666[/snapback]

I think this is good info. :D

Foster is the best RB in the entire NFL, bar none! Shaun Alexander got lucky getting MVP, cuz Foster was robbed!!!

anyway, Foster averages, on ANY DAY (excpet against ATL and a banged up NYG) 3 yrds a carry. That's when he can be healthy. He missed every Wednesday practice this year, so as to help stay healthy.

Now, 3 yrds a carry is almost acceptable, if he was consistant at getting the 3 yards. But it's always a 4 yard gainer, then a -2 yard loser. And if you need 2 or 3 on a 3rd down, FORGET IT! He is NOT CAPABLE of rushing for a 3rd down. He's a terrible starter. Facts are, 3 inconsistant yards a carry just doesn't cut it for a team with super bowl aspirations.

Look at the playoff teams this year.

NYG - Tiki tearing it up

WAS - Portis tearing it up

TB - Cadillac, tearing it up beginning and end of season

SEA - please....

CHI - Good enough running game to match a superb DEF

IND - James tearing it up, with Manning helping

JAX - good enough running game to match a good enough DEF and easy sched.

CIN - Rudi, geat running back, with an even better QB

PIT - oh please, talk about running depth

DEN - good running game all around, Jake is the man as well.

NE - Dillon still managed almost 800 yrds and 12 TD's. The backups tore it up in his absence.

And then

CAR - Foster. (without Smith, they don't make it. Period)

You cannot be a superbowl bound team without some serious running game to even things out. It's obvious, it's a known fact. With Foster, you do not make the playoffs. With Foster, you don't win @ NYG if NYG doesn't keep giving up 3rd and long conversions.

just my thoughts. They need a featured RB, it's obvious.

Edited by LooGie

Foster does seem to enjoy the PO, but this week will be very tough. I would just like to see him get the start on week 1(which he has never had) and see how far he can go, only then can I give an unbiased opinion about him. Make him the clear cut #1, give him 25 totes per game, and see how long he can go-that's all I ask, because until then all we can do is speculate.

Edited by PantherDave

Foster does seem to enjoy the PO, but this week will be very tough. I would just like to see him get the start on week 1(which he has never had) and see how far he can go, only then can I give an unbiased opinion about him. Make him the clear cut #1, give him 25 totes per game, and see how long he can go-that's all I ask, because until then all we can do is speculate.

1260498[/snapback]

except for the fact that regardless of when he starts, how many games he plays or anything, he always averages 3 yards a carry, except against 2 teams this year. :D that's all that scares me.