[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Man Im dissappointed.

Sgt. Ryan

I know this subject was beat to death on Sunday, but the reality has set in, that the best team in football is out of the playoffs, while a team that backed into the playoffs will move on and get trashed in next weeks game. Mike and Mike this morning on ESPN radio were calling the Colts loss one of the biggest upsets in recent memory and it compares to the collapse of the yanks up 3-0 before losing to the Sox 4-3, and Bill Buckners infamous ball between his legs. Many saw the Steelers as a team that benefitted greatly by the loss of Carson Palmer in round 1. Now the rust of the Colts, and the disappointment of them losing to a team they trashed already, and should have beaten by 2 Tds has set in. Pittsburgh is one of those teams that yearly makes the playoffs, but never has the team to win it all, and this is just another example of what is to come. I for one am more disappointed by the Colts losing this game than seeing my beloved Cowboys not make the playoffs this season. And I am not a Peyton Manning fan, just want to see the best teams in the Super Bowl, and now that will not happen. Sure Indy could lose to a much better Denver team this week had they just taken care of business on Sunday, but at least that would have been a great game. Not the crap we are going to see from the AFC side this weekend. Regardless the Super Bowl should be great with Denver and Sea or Carolina duking it out for the title.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this subject was beat to death on Sunday, but the reality has set in, that the best team in football is out of the playoffs, while a team that backed into the playoffs will move on and get trashed in next weeks game.  Mike and Mike this morning on ESPN radio were calling the Colts loss one of the biggest upsets in recent memory and it compares to the collapse of the yanks up 3-0 before losing to the Sox 4-3, and Bill Buckners infamous ball between his legs.  Many saw the Steelers as a team that benefitted greatly by the loss of Carson Palmer in round 1.  Now the rust of the Colts, and the disappointment of them losing to a team they trashed already, and should have beaten by 2 Tds has set in.  Pittsburgh is one of those teams that yearly makes the playoffs, but never has the team to win it all, and this is just another example of what is to come.  I for one am more disappointed by the Colts losing this game than seeing my beloved Cowboys not make the playoffs this season.  And I am not a Peyton Manning fan, just want to see the best teams in the Super Bowl, and now that will not happen.  Sure Indy could lose to a much better Denver team this week had they just taken care of business on Sunday, but at least that would have been a great game.  Not the crap we are going to see from the AFC side this weekend.  Regardless the Super Bowl should be great with Denver and Sea or Carolina duking it out for the title.

1271072[/snapback]

I know this subject was beat to death on Sunday, but the reality has set in, that the best team in football is out of the playoffs, while a team that backed into the playoffs will move on and get trashed in next weeks game.  Mike and Mike this morning on ESPN radio were calling the Colts loss one of the biggest upsets in recent memory and it compares to the collapse of the yanks up 3-0 before losing to the Sox 4-3, and Bill Buckners infamous ball between his legs.  Many saw the Steelers as a team that benefitted greatly by the loss of Carson Palmer in round 1.  Now the rust of the Colts, and the disappointment of them losing to a team they trashed already, and should have beaten by 2 Tds has set in.  Pittsburgh is one of those teams that yearly makes the playoffs, but never has the team to win it all, and this is just another example of what is to come.  I for one am more disappointed by the Colts losing this game than seeing my beloved Cowboys not make the playoffs this season.  And I am not a Peyton Manning fan, just want to see the best teams in the Super Bowl, and now that will not happen.  Sure Indy could lose to a much better Denver team this week had they just taken care of business on Sunday, but at least that would have been a great game.  Not the crap we are going to see from the AFC side this weekend.  Regardless the Super Bowl should be great with Denver and Sea or Carolina duking it out for the title.

1271072[/snapback]

Are you serious? Pittsburgh totally dominated the Colts. The Colts were outcoached and they were outplayed. And this weekend at Mile High the Steelers WILL beat the Bronco's. Plummer will have NO answers for the Blitzkrieg he will face. The Steelers are the toughest team. Clearly, they are the better team and they know how to win the BIG games. BTW, I'm a Seahawk fan (I hope Denver wins .... easier game for us in Detroit!)

I guess I should excuse your lack of football knowledge knowing now, that you've been watching Oklahoma football! ::D

so you still wanna call the colts the best team in football after sunday?  the steelers were the better team on that field.  it wasn't even close.  you spend more time reading newspapers than watching football games if you believe otherwise.

1271091[/snapback]

Says the Bronco fan who has to be very happy to face the Steelers at home as opposed to going to Indy.

I bet the Colts HUGH last weekend. I have a new found hatred for that team.

The best team is the one that can get throught the marathon that is the 16 game season, and fight their way to end up in the last game.

You can say what you want about "best team" or most talented team. But the teams that make it are there for a reason. They know how to win, and that's what it is all about.

I was kind of depressed myself on Sunday, but we have 4 great teams left and we should have 3 GREAT games left to watch. I'm stoked again.

so you still wanna call the colts the best team in football after sunday?  the steelers were the better team on that field.  it wasn't even close.  you spend more time reading newspapers than watching football games if you believe otherwise.

1271091[/snapback]

What I saw was an Indy team that was rusty as hell on offense and didnt score in the first quarter. The layoff really affected Peyton and the timing with his Wrs. A month back if Pitt blitzed like that, they get beat, and get beat often. The gameplan looks great after the game is played, but the pressure didnt come until after halftime when it was obvious Manning was out of sync. Cowher himself had to be shocked his team was winning at the half, and decided to risk it all with the Blitz. Im convinced the 13-0 record has more to do with this loss, than the Pitt defense.

What I saw was an Indy team that was rusty as hell on offense and didnt score in the first quarter.  The layoff really affected Peyton and the timing with his Wrs.  A month back if Pitt blitzed like that, they get beat, and get beat often.  The gameplan looks great after the game is played, but the pressure didnt come until after halftime when it was obvious Manning was out of sync.  Cowher himself had to be shocked his team was winning at the half, and decided to risk it all with the Blitz. Im convinced  the 13-0 record has more to do with this loss, than the Pitt defense.

1271105[/snapback]

:D Wrong ....... again!

And this weekend at Mile High the Steelers WILL beat the Bronco's. Plummer will have NO answers for the Blitzkrieg he will face. The Steelers are the toughest team. Clearly, they are the better team and they know how to win the BIG games. BTW, I'm a Seahawk fan (I hope Denver wins .... easier game for us in Detroit!)

I guess I should excuse your lack of football knowledge

1271100[/snapback]

Speaking of a lack of football knowledge! :D

No way is Pitt a better team than Denver! How do you figure that.

Are you serious? Pittsburgh totally dominated the Colts. The Colts were outcoached and they were outplayed. And this weekend at Mile High the Steelers WILL beat the Bronco's. Plummer will have NO answers for the Blitzkrieg he will face. The Steelers are the toughest team. Clearly, they are the better team and they know how to win the BIG games. BTW, I'm a Seahawk fan (I hope Denver wins .... easier game for us in Detroit!)

I guess I should excuse your lack of football knowledge knowing now, that you've been watching Oklahoma football!  ::D

1271100[/snapback]

Lets just say Seattle is in the same boat as Pitt to this point, they get Wash in round 2, and Carolina without Foster in the NFC Champ game. Personally Im rooting for Carolina to mop the floor with Seattle, and give the Bronco's a great Super Bowl. If you care to spout off about Pitt will win, you care to put your sig up for a bet tough guy. I dont know you from Adam, but Ill gladly own your sig for 6 months if you care to take the bet.

You're on! And NO, that's OK I don't need the points but thanks for offering the spread! Pittsburgh over Denver on the road, straight up!

1271123[/snapback]

I wasn't offering points, you said Pitt wins, and I applaud you for having the balls to take the bet. No Pitt fan would on Sunday, and the post eventually got zapped by the Brass.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

Says the Bronco fan who has to be very happy to face the Steelers at home as opposed to going to Indy.

1271101[/snapback]

no doubt. but that doesn't mean pittsburgh didn't prove itself to be the better team on sunday.

What I saw was an Indy team that was rusty as hell on offense and didnt score in the first quarter.  The layoff really affected Peyton and the timing with his Wrs.  A month back if Pitt blitzed like that, they get beat, and get beat often.  The gameplan looks great after the game is played, but the pressure didnt come until after halftime when it was obvious Manning was out of sync.  Cowher himself had to be shocked his team was winning at the half, and decided to risk it all with the Blitz. Im convinced  the 13-0 record has more to do with this loss, than the Pitt defense.

1271105[/snapback]

excuses are like ass holes. everyone has one, especially sarge.

You're on! And NO, that's OK I don't need the points but thanks for offering the spread! Pittsburgh over Denver on the road, straight up!

1271123[/snapback]

Now THAT takes stones of granite right there. Either that or brains of granite, I can't decide which.

1271100[/snapback]

I agree 100%. So what if Pittsburgh is the 6th seed. They lost a few regular season games while Ben was hurt, big deal. Then there are people saying that Pittsburgh will be worn out by upsetting the Colts. That's ridiculous, it's not like it was a smashmouth game and the Colts took it to them physically.

This Steelers squad it battle tested and could care less at this point if they were the 1st, 3rd, or 6th seed going in.

It's going to be a fairly low scoring game, and the team with the least amount of turnovers will win.

Edited by charty

Yep, I give him alot of credit for taking the bet.  he has more faith or insight than any Steeler fan on this site.

1271139[/snapback]

I will be changing my avatar for your review right before kick-off. I want you to know what your facing as Mr. Polamulu takes one the distance in the 2nd quarter!

I will be changing my avatar for your review right before kick-off. I want you to know what your facing as Mr. Polamulu takes one the distance in the 2nd quarter!

1271150[/snapback]

You will be changing your sig to, in less than a week. Nice rip off job on teh sig, BTW. this is going to be more fun than I thought. Now is there anyone else that wants to lose their sig until Sept 1 2006.